Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
At this point,it will take at least 100,000 calls to even make him take notice
Possibly true, but ya never know. Once in awhile a few voices can make a difference. And if not, at least we did all we could do. I really appreciate everyone who made calls, or will. Dunno if he's signed it or not. Haven't been able to find out

Reactions: kkay59

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
The problem is that most Legislators simply do not under stand the issue. They have been lobbied by all the "Health Groups", the Pharma lobbyists, and received information from the Federal HHS--CDC,FDA. They,unfortunately,look at them as Health experts and at us as sadly misinformed. The perception has to be changed. We do not have the machine to disprove the "other sides" truth distortions. We are being steamrolled by people with their own agenda and truth is irrelevent to them.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
We are being steamrolled by people with their own agenda and truth is irrelevent to them.
Very true, but still gonna do what I can til they either listen or it's a done deal. But yeah, it is absolutely all about the money. It's never been about people's health.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Very true, but still gonna do what I can til they either listen or it's a done deal. But yeah, it is absolutely all about the money. It's never been about people's health.
I am certainly not suggesting that we do nothing but just stating the reality of what we are up against.I have just done all of t his for 5 or6 years and the machine just keeps rolling over us with all their truth distortions--the one place they cannot lie and win--is in the Courts-and they lose every time. They just have the money and we do not.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
I should add that if we had a large number and I mean a very large number of activists,we would have a chance. Look at the pitiful number of Texans involved in this issue. Then go to your local Vape shop and see how many in the shop are even interested in being active and helping keep vaping available. Most do not understand nor do they care. It would be a very very small number of people you might recruit.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh yeah I know you weren't saying to not do anything. And yeah I agree. Unfortunately it's hard to get folks to fight for stuff. I'm sure this is in a bad place. After I posted it, I went to look for it in new posts, but I"ve never found it, so it seems this area doesn't get posted in new posts. That stinks. Yeah in Indianapolis they had huge groups always at the various govt places during hearings and votings. Still didn't help really which is sad.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I don't think people keep up with the news on here. I know I didn't when I first got here.

I think once you put your state in your info, they could send you updates that pertain to your state. If you don't want it, you can opt out. That would help people to be better advised.

We could have a sub forum for every state, but unless you added it to your watch list, you wouldn't know what is going on. So there are 2 methods right there, to alert people. I would also advise starting a new thread with new info. If you are subscribed to get thread updates, you will be more likely to look at a new thread, than a two month old thread. (just making up a scenario)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
it seems this area doesn't get posted in new posts
I always go to my Alerts first, then New Posts. Experimenting, I went to New Posts first this time - and saw this thread.

IIRC, the old software showed ALL new posts in New Posts, whether you'd read them or not. Apparently the new software doesn't work that way. I even searched my settings for something to make it show, but couldn't find anything.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Experimenting, I went to New Posts first this time - and saw this thread.
ok, that's kewl. I reckin maybe it was because I would post then go look, since I knew it would be on page 1 or 2 if it had just had a bump. So good to know it is showing up in new posts. Thanks hun

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sometimes I have so many alerts going on, it is overwhelming. I scan them, but could miss an important one. I looked at the governor's site yesterday, but did not see he had signed the bill. That is a good thing. At least maybe he is exploring both sides. But I won't hold my breath on this.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I looked at the governor's site yesterday, but did not see he had signed the bill. That is a good thing. At least maybe he is exploring both sides. But I won't hold my breath on this.
yeah I've wondered this too. Dunno if it's a matter of a lot of stuff just sits on their desk til they get around to it, or set up a press conference for it or whatever, or if maybe he is actually considering not signing it.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oh if only... should we put our mental powers together and WILL him to forget this bill ?
Mind meld.......I like it!!! anddddd................GO!!!! lol

I honestly feel we are losing the battle.. ugh!!! Its so maddening to me, what more can we do?
Definitely what KK said, if you haven't already done so, call the Governor first thing Tomorrow morning (Tues). Also, join CASAA if you haven't already, you'll get calls to action when there is legislation up for your state. It's free and easy to join. CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

Other than that........Pray!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread