Pictures of your GP Devices - GP Mods and Atomizers Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
5304D52E-4A1C-424B-A5E4-CDD01B9FA8AE_zpsx11g2imf.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Thanks Q! Here’s another shot:

DE12FA13-F296-484C-B1F9-02E79D6B12B7_zpsiyxdsato.jpg

I rescued a GP Paps v2.5 SS 18350 tube from the Marketplace on another forum and it had a few deep scratches so I sent it to VapourArt to be refinished – I requested that it be polished and re-engraved. I just got it back this week and they did a fabulous job. Although I’ve paired it with a spare v2.1 top cap and switch and it looks just like my GP Paps v2.1, the difference is that the tube is made from 316 SS as opposed to 304 SS (I know, I'm a VapourArt geek).

In case you didn’t know, the atomizer is a KFL+ base with a Trippy Tips Plasma tank. As you can see this hand-blown glass completely replaces the chimney, tank, top cap, and drip tip. Aside from looking cool as hell you can also remove it and re-wick mid-tank (you can pour your liquid right into it as opposed to using the fill hole). They are currently taking their second round of pre-orders and they have three sizes: standard (6.5ml), medium (3.5ml), and Electron (2.25ml). I have the standard (pictured here) and I’ve ordered two more.

Reactions: MsLoud

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Looks great!!
This is a recent purchase, was not that crazy about the alum/bronze, but I think I was mistaken about it. I love it now. I refinished this 2.5 and Im pretty happy with it. Was going to sell the tube, but not now.

phen%20and%20brass%20GP-001_zpss64lgwuz.jpg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Btw how do you clean your mods. Any idea appreciated.

I soak individual parts in warm water with dish soap, I rub most pieces by hand and use a toothbrush to clean threads, I follow up with a good rinse with water, and I dry them with paper towels. I also use a sunshine cloth to polish and remove patina without any chemicals.

HakanM

Nov 23, 2014
Turkey
I soak individual parts in warm water with dish soap, I rub most pieces by hand and use a toothbrush to clean threads, I follow up with a good rinse with water, and I dry them with paper towels. I also use a sunshine cloth to polish and remove patina without any chemicals.

Shine like new ? Most of the time scratches stand still.

Mostly I use chemical metal cleaners, silver polishers when I do by hand.

But the most effective way is to clean them with car pasta and car polishers with simple electric drill with polishing head. It cleans and remove the scratches and make it shine like a new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Shine like new ? Most of the time scratches stand still.

You originally asked about cleaning mods, not refinishing. Refinishing is a different story. For some things, depending on the piece, I can handle it myself. For others, I leave it alone or I leave it to the professionals.

For small scratches on polished parts I use a sunshine cloth and rub the piece back and forth in the area that I want to clean up and apply pressure. I proudly fixed up a scratched up Paps v2.5 switch that I rescued from the Classifieds the other day (there was nothing that I could do about a small dent). For small scratches on brushed parts you can use an abrasive dish pad (I call them ”green pads”) to try to hide the mark.

For a longer or deeper scratch on a tube it really depends if there is laser etching. I rescued a fairly scratched Paps v2.5 SS tube from the Classifieds and I sent it to Vapourart for refinishing and re-laser etching because I didn’t want to remove the GP logo. I was recently able to refinish a Paps X tube that I rescued because there is no laser etching. Using the GP P&B Adapter and a power drill you can remove scratches and then bring it to a brushed or even polished finish with different grades of wet/dry sandpaper (start with a coarser grit and then work your way up to 2000 grit depending on the finish that you want). You can subsequently or similarly use a metal polish to give a piece some luster to remove light scratches or to finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread