Just picked up a Freemax Starre

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
WOW...I picked this up on a whim, not really knowing what to expect...this thing is a beast!! vaping it on my new iPV 4 (which I am loving too) with the included .25 ohm coils, and I am very impressed with the quality, vapor, flavor and airflow. Don't get me wrong, I still love my subtanks and lemo 2, but this thing is like a racing car compared with a nice street sports car...pure raging performance. Highly recommended, if your into that sort of thing...good thing I diy, because I've never seen a tank drink juice like this...you better drink a lot of water with this tank!!

Last edited:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I received mine last Friday, and I haven't put it down all weekend!

This tank delivers tons of flavor, and loads of vapor!

I was honestly waiting for the T-VCT tank. It has top fill, juice holes you can adjust from outside of the tank (depending on your vg/pg mix), holds 6ml of juice, yada yada yada....

I couldn't find anyone I trusted who carried the T-VCT tank, and started reading reviews and watching YouTube reviews on the FreeMax Starre. Nearly every reviewer raved about this tank, it holds about 5ml of juice, so I figured I'd grab the Starre tank for now, and maybe the the VCT tank down the road.

Great decision! I really love the Starre tank! 5ml is a decent amount of juice, and the coils, according to several reports, last as long as 3 weeks, delivering great flavor the entire time!

It's not the nicest looking tank, doesn't hold the most amount of juice, no new "wow" features... but this tank is a winner!

I do find that I vape the Starre tank at around 40w, while I would vape my Sub Tank Mini and nano at around 27-28w, and I go through a LOT more juice with the Starre, but the flavor???

Fantastic!

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
Does anyone own the Atlantis V2 as well and compared the two?

I own both and IMO the Starre has better flavor. Either it's the "medical grade cotton" or it being a parallel wrap coil head or a combination of both. The Atlantis V2 has good flavor if you close the drip tip airflow off and use the lowest airflow on the AFC ring which leaves it with a full cyclop slot open and 1/3 cyclop open. To me, it seems like the Atlantis v2 is for blowing clouds. Anyways, you can use the melo, Herakles, Atlantis v1/v2 & nickel coils in the Starre which is also a plus in my book. If that Sega rba works in this tank as well as Wilson Phillips posted, this will be the best all around tank. The only thing it would be missing and this is subjective, is the the ability to top fill.

Reactions: boandlkramer

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
Yes, the Starre is awesome, and sells regularly for $25...a bargain!! Let me know how the Segatank RBA works out...I have heard that it has small juice channels, so wicking might be a challenge...let us know how it works out.
I looked at this RBA and it looks like it wicks identical to the regular coil heads. It looks just like the coil heads but with a tiny set of screw mounts for the coil, so we can dry burn it without melting the grommet.

I am hoping it works great. If not, then out come the tools and I will be posting some photos of how to fix it.

I own both and IMO the Starre has better flavor. Either it's the "medical grade cotton" or it being a parallel wrap coil head or a combination of both. The Atlantis V2 has good flavor if you close the drip tip airflow off and use the lowest airflow on the AFC ring which leaves it with a full cyclop slot open and 1/3 cyclop open. To me, it seems like the Atlantis v2 is for blowing clouds. Anyways, you can use the melo, Herakles, Atlantis v1/v2 & nickel coils in the Starre which is also a plus in my book. If that Sega rba works in this tank as well as Wilson Phillips posted, this will be the best all around tank. The only thing it would be missing and this is subjective, is the the ability to top fill.

I hear that the Starre is "that good" and I hope it lives up to the hype. I can live without the top fill. I just want great performance and flavor. Granted, I know it will never compare to my RDA, but if it will get me through my workday and I don't have to drip at work, then I will be happy. With the mods I made to my Subtank RBA, I am happy with it and should be satisfied, but.... Well, you know how it is.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
You're just the person i've been looking for. I read about your modifications and now can't find it. I'm working on modifying a Original Subtank the big one. I wondered what size bit you used to open the airway chimney? I love the Herakles so if I mess this Subtank up it's not a big deal plus I got a Starre on its way. But I want to fiddle lol

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
the starre, atlantis 2 and matrix are all good tanks...all with pretty similar vape and flavor. My favorite? Jury is still out
Have you tried the Herakles? I've had the ones you stated plus the Arctic . The only one I haven't is the Starre . But out of all I tried the Herakles is my favorite. I'm waiting on my Starre to arrive

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: Ohm Gnome

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
Have you tried the Herakles? I've had the ones you stated plus the Arctic . The only one I haven't is the Starre . But out of all I tried the Herakles is my favorite. I'm waiting on my Starre to arrive

I'm going to try the Herakles next. heard good things about it

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Starre is my next one. But the only negative I can say of the Herakles is it does spit sometimes. But it's not bad enough to discourage my love for it. I've heard a lot of people saying they love theirs too but theirs also spit. I'm only saying that because I don't like! recommending something without telling the pros and cons.

Reactions: tim_man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread