Ipv4 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaneckVaper

May 10, 2015
i was testing temp control on my ipv4 yesterday and noticed that if you are firing without drawing air..ie you are looking at the screen and not inhaling...it will trigger the shutoff prematurely...I think its because without drawing in air the coil temp and related resistance spikes as though the wick were dry when its not. temp works under real use circumstances but the wick needs juice and the coil needs air.

Maverik_X

Apr 30, 2015
Utah
plus.google.com
Got mine today and have a big problem with the temp control. Put on my smok gct tank with the 0.2 nickel coil. Set resistance which read 0.239 and under 400 degrees is fine but set it above 400 degrees and fire for more than a second and it stops firing and says short on he screen. Doesn't matter if it's on 30 joules or 50
Tighten down your coil to the base of the tank and make sure your tanks 510 pin is clean, if it doesn't make good contact you will hear a slight buzzing sound and it will show short. had this happen to me on a freemax starre with nickel atlantis coils and that nipped the problem in but.

jonig35

Jan 16, 2015
Arkansas
i was testing temp control on my ipv4 yesterday and noticed that if you are firing without drawing air..ie you are looking at the screen and not inhaling...it will trigger the shutoff prematurely...I think its because without drawing in air the coil temp and related resistance spikes as though the wick were dry when its not. temp works under real use circumstances but the wick needs juice and the coil needs air.

so the temp control does work? I just saw a post somewhere else that says the temp control is a failure, but I have watched many reviews and they say it works great, it was recommended to set at 420 degrees and 25 joules is that about right? and what if I wanted to go up to like 460 like on my invader mini how many joules would that have to be? I love temp control and have been using my invader mini more than anything else due to the temp control, so please if the temp control doesn't work let me know, mine is to be here in just about an hour or less

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The first mods had a mirrored finish on the plastic screen covering the LED screen. So when the LED screen lit up, it showed through the mirror finish. The problem with this was that it made it impossible to see the screen outdoors in bright sunlight. I ended up removing the plastic screen, and then removed the mirror finish from the back of it. This made a dramatic improvement and the screen is now visible.

Reactions: Maverik_X

chuckinclouds88

Jun 4, 2015
I'm wondering how bright the screen is on the IPV4. All the promotional pictures on the web show it as being very bright while some reviews says its dismal. I have an IPV3 mini and the screen on it is horrible.
I have the black iPV4 and my screen is incredibly bright. I haven't had an issue seeing it in any lighting conditions thus far.

Maverik_X

Apr 30, 2015
Utah
plus.google.com
I have the black iPV4 and my screen is incredibly bright. I haven't had an issue seeing it in any lighting conditions thus far.
the black units don't have the mirror finish only the first batch of the silver units did and they have since fixed it with a new screen cover. its now the same as the black units. temp control works great no issue's

I'm wondering how bright the screen is on the IPV4. All the promotional pictures on the web show it as being very bright while some reviews says its dismal. I have an IPV3 mini and the screen on it is horrible.
I just got a black one, they fixed the mirrored screen issue, at least mine is nice and bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread