Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have suffered from the same disorders for 15 years. Unfortunately mine is almost uncontrollable and I really hate klonopin. It numbs me out so bad I can't do sh$t. I have been off meds now for 5 months. I will be going to the Drs soon to see what we will try next.

I have been vaping almost 3 years. I started at 20mg and slowly cut my nic, 2mg every 2 to 3 months. I now vape 2 mg. I can't say that not smoking and vaping has made my condition any better or worse.

My concern with what your doing is that when withdrawing from tobacco smoking you will have withdrawal from the myriad of chemicals in tobacco smoke. I'm thinking cutting your nicotine so quickly is compounding your withdrawal from smoking. That is a relatively short amount of time to cut your nicotine intake so quickly. I personally could never have vaped successfully by cutting my nicotine that quickly.

Anyway these are just some thoughts. Good luck with everything and try to limit your sudden changes. I know I don't deal well with sudden changes. Mine have to be very gradual. But what do I know. I'm not really even functional. :)

I agree very much with this; this is why it took a full month to transition from smoking to vaping, why I actually increased my nicotine level by 4mg after I was finally free of the cigarettes, and also why I'm going about my WTA withdrawal 1 percentage point a month. I've had so little trouble with the gradual reduction of WTA that yes, I could probably go faster. But then I might get cravings and have to bump it up again, so it's far better just to carry it out slowly and steadily, letting my brain get accustomed very gradually. I've suffered a tremendous variety of brain-chemistry issues in my life, and I really, REALLY prefer to keep things as balanced and non-stressful as I can. Whatever I need to vape in order to stay free of cigarettes, and not go completely bonkers in the process, that's just what I'll vape.

Andria

Reactions: svapomarco

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
That's not true at all, about the MAOIs. They're a product of TOBACCO -- they occur naturally.

Andria

MAOI's do occur naturally in tobacco, with combustion. I believe you have misread whatever source you have. Of course it is quite possible your source was wrong, and it certainly is if it doesn't mention combustion. MOAI's do not occur in smokeless tobacco of any kind, as in snus, dip, nasal snuff or dissolvables.

As for the OP not wanting a discussion on the subject, well I do have to apologize, but with so much bad information out there on tobacco I just can't allow an obvious misinformed statement to let stand.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Are there any other changes in your life that may be raising your stress level? If taking more medication for a short time will help get you through this is that a bad thing? Diabetics need insulin people with panic disorder need medication. You could be having a relapse related to something not even connected to nicotine. You will get through this. If you feel the need to up your nicotine for now do it and try not to beat yourself up over it. I don't know the type of relationship you have with your dr but be clear about how you are feeling so he/she can assist you and meet your needs. You have to advocate for yourself. I wish you all the best!

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
So as it turns out, I have anxiety and panic (thanks doc), but he is increasing my med dosage for a few weeks to see how that goes. According to the CT I had last week and the X-ray I had this morning, my lungs are vastly improved from last year. My childhood asthma has reappeared since quitting smoking and my doc -loves- the vaping. Loves. He said he's seen at least fifty people quit in the last year with them and he encouraged me to keep on vaping!

I feel a lot better after having seen him, so yeah. Party!

Reactions: Caro123

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
So as it turns out, I have anxiety and panic (thanks doc), but he is increasing my med dosage for a few weeks to see how that goes. According to the CT I had last week and the X-ray I had this morning, my lungs are vastly improved from last year. My childhood asthma has reappeared since quitting smoking and my doc -loves- the vaping. Loves. He said he's seen at least fifty people quit in the last year with them and he encouraged me to keep on vaping!

I feel a lot better after having seen him, so yeah. Party!

Well that's good news! Rare to see a doctor condone vaping and it's great when they do. :) Glad you'll be on increased meds for awhile if you need them. I wish I were too!

I have panic attacks sever enough to warrant a trip to the ER because I don't keep any meds Xanax, Ativan, etc. around. Well, after 2 years panic free, last week I had a major attack...headed to the ER but my girlfriend got 3 Xanax from her daughter and "saved me". This event was not vaping related because I had them before I stopped smoking and now since I've stopped and started vaping. Panic attacks are just unpredictable and are "real"! Just tell someone that's having one that it's "in your head" and you may end up on your .... "Nuf said"!

Reactions: Vannie

svapomarco

May 14, 2015
I have panic attacks sever enough to warrant a trip to the ER because I don't keep any meds Xanax, Ativan, etc. around. Well, after 2 years panic free, last week I had a major attack...headed to the ER but my girlfriend got 3 Xanax from her daughter and "saved me". This event was not vaping related because I had them before I stopped smoking and now since I've stopped and started vaping. Panic attacks are just unpredictable and are "real"! Just tell someone that's having one that it's "in your head" and you may end up on your .... "Nuf said"!

So, i would to say the mine.
The Xanax IMHO haven't saved you for nothing. I taken Xanax per 2 year and it was a drug for me.

For me, no one have needs to Xanax. I have noted that 20 minutes of transcendental meditation is a way (always for me) to relax my body and my mind without take a pill.

I haven't never believe that it work, but it's true.

I'm not saying that i'm always fine, but it's acceptable. I forget say that i have OCD unfortunately.

longbraids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Colville Wa,USA
Hi , realize I am a late to this conversation but thought I might share this info as I have had alot of panic attacks in the past. I have shared this with several friends who have also found this to help, water it sounds to simple to work but dehydration is very disruptive to every system in your body and can definately cause your heart to race. Simply drink a couple of glasses of room temp when you have your next attack, what can it hurt? When I first started vaping it really dehydrated me and I had to make myself drink more or I would get the racing heart panic. Vaping does have a dehydrating effect on us. Hope the best for you be well

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
I'd rather not try anything new right now, I'm already in a tizzy. I'll let you all know what the doc says Monday.
Hello, I am wondering of you are still here on this site? I have read through this thread, and would love to know how you are doing? I also suffer from anxiety/panic disorder. I am wanting badly to quit smoking regular cigarettes, and have decided to try vaping to do so. I am wondering how thing's worked out for you, and if you are still vaping? I hope all is well for you, and that you are doing much better by now. :) I look forward to talking to you.

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
I went back to smoking, but after a month of coughing and wheezing and being awful, I'm recharging my batteries to vape again. I was getting more nicotine than I thought I was while vaping and not paying attention, because I chain smoked for a week or two afterwards. But after remembering how I could breathe better and walk around without my lungs aching, I think vaping might be the far safer bet for sure. I am seeing the doctor again on June 2nd, I keep being delayed by his vacations/his office staff/general stupid things.

I'm willing to bet he agrees with vaping again. Anything but smoking.

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
You will get there again :) I am sure now that you know, vaping wasn't the problem. Since I have come to this site, I have been vaping a lot more, and smoking a LOT less! That morning cigarette seems to be the hardest to let go of, for some reason. I have worked to slow down the rest. I know I will be quitting cigarettes completely, in the very near future. I am already to the point of preferring my pen, at most times of the day. I have been vaping after eating, for three days now. I can't believe how easy that has been. I hope you are feeling better in all ways. I suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder myself. I know how bad these times can be/feel. It seems we have support in many ways on this site. Vaping and our disorders come with questions, and the great people here seem to be able to answer them. I hope you continue to feel better and better. Stay in touch, and let me know how things are for you. Good luck, and pick an awesome flavor to vape on with :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You will get there again :) I am sure now that you know, vaping wasn't the problem. Since I have come to this site, I have been vaping a lot more, and smoking a LOT less! That morning cigarette seems to be the hardest to let go of, for some reason. I have worked to slow down the rest. I know I will be quitting cigarettes completely, in the very near future. I am already to the point of preferring my pen, at most times of the day. I have been vaping after eating, for three days now. I can't believe how easy that has been. I hope you are feeling better in all ways. I suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder myself. I know how bad these times can be/feel. It seems we have support in many ways on this site. Vaping and our disorders come with questions, and the great people here seem to be able to answer them. I hope you continue to feel better and better. Stay in touch, and let me know how things are for you. Good luck, and pick an awesome flavor to vape on with :)

I found the morning smoke the hardest to be rid of, too -- I'd sit and vape for a while, but just couldn't get satisfied, so I'd go on out and smoke. The last morning I smoked, as i sat there smoking, it occurred to me that I had been trying to vape my cigalike (an eRoll) exactly as if I was smoking a cigarette -- and I remembered reading that the technique is different with vaping, for max nic absorption. so that night, watching TV, I practiced doing the slow draw, let it hang around in my mouth and throat for a bit before inhaling, then exhaling via my nose; after 15 mins of that, using 6mg ejuice and a cigalike, I had absorbed enough nicotine to give myself stomach pains, so I realized it really was a good way to get a lot of nic into myself. so the next morning, rather than running out to smoke, I sat and vaped that same way.. slowly... mouth and throat... exhale from my nose... and I never did go have that cigarette. :thumb:

Andria

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
I found the morning smoke the hardest to be rid of, too -- I'd sit and vape for a while, but just couldn't get satisfied, so I'd go on out and smoke. The last morning I smoked, as i sat there smoking, it occurred to me that I had been trying to vape my cigalike (an eRoll) exactly as if I was smoking a cigarette -- and I remembered reading that the technique is different with vaping, for max nic absorption. so that night, watching TV, I practiced doing the slow draw, let it hang around in my mouth and throat for a bit before inhaling, then exhaling via my nose; after 15 mins of that, using 6mg ejuice and a cigalike, I had absorbed enough nicotine to give myself stomach pains, so I realized it really was a good way to get a lot of nic into myself. so the next morning, rather than running out to smoke, I sat and vaped that same way.. slowly... mouth and throat... exhale from my nose... and I never did go have that cigarette. :thumb:

Andria
aaahahh Thank you! I haven't read anything about that, until now. I was just told that you don't draw from it, as hard as a regular cig. I will practice this technique, and see how things change. I have cut down soo much on the regular ones. I am excited to ge rid of them all together! So, are you completely done smoking now? Congrats on figuring that one out, to help you along :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread