Silo Beast by Beyond Vape Thoughts/Short Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
If anybody is interested or on the fence about this tank I would recommend you get out your credit cards now :lol: I have had the Beast since Saturday and it is my favorite tank right now. My Lemo 2 and Mini are sitting on the night stand. This thing is a good mix for the cloud chasers and flavor. I did a few tests with it and with Kanthal I could push it up to the 105-120 watts range with no dry hits and as Rip Trippers (hate that guy) would say it is Chuck Certified. Turn it down to about 35 to 45 watts and you have great flavor that is right there with the Subtank Mini and Lemo 1, Drop, 2 whichever. It works great with kanthal or some nickel coils as well. You can use the Atlantis coils from Version 1, 2 or the Mega. If you want nickel coils, Sweet-Vapes has the Eigate nickel coils for $12.95. Eigate manufactures a lot of other 'brands' products, the Vision Spinner 2 for example. Of course being top fill is another big selling point as well as a 4.5-5 ml juice capacity and the ability to go down to a 2.5 ml to make it shorter is nice. If you are in the market for a new tank that is easy to use and is well balanced this could be it. Fill it up on the mod and vape away. I highly recommend it and yes Beyond Vape paid me to say this :lol: Just kidding unlike some reviewers cough Rip cough I don't get any money. Instead I tell companies to take my money when something innovative comes out. If you are interested they are $40 at Beyond Vape right now and in 2 weeks the smaller sleeve will be out for short mode for $13. This tank is a winner :thumbs: Of course someone will ask RBA section, but Beyond Vape is working on one I think. Don't quote me on that. If not the Sega Tank Anyvape will work with it. As always there is someone that will not like something about the tank whether it is looks, flavor or something. What suits me may not suit you.

Last edited:

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
If anybody is interested or on the fence about this tank I would recommend you get out your credit cards now :lol: I have had the Beast since Saturday and it is my favorite tank right now. My Lemo 2 and Mini are sitting on the night stand. This thing is a good mix for the cloud chasers and flavor. I did a few tests with it and with Kanthal I could push it up to the 105-120 watts range with no dry hits and as Rip Trippers (hate that guy) would say it is Chuck Certified. Turn it down to about 35 to 45 watts and you have great flavor that is right there with the Subtank Mini and Lemo 1, Drop, 2 whichever. It works great with kanthal or some nickel coils as well. You can use the Atlantis coils from Version 1, 2 or the Mega. If you want nickel coils, Sweet-Vapes has the Eigate nickel coils for $12.95. Eigate manufactures a lot of other 'brands' products, the Vision Spinner 2 for example. Of course being top fill is another big selling point as well as a 4.5-5 ml juice capacity and the ability to go down to a 2.5 ml to make it shorter is nice. If you are in the market for a new tank that is easy to use and is well balanced this could be it. Fill it up on the mod and vape away. I highly recommend it and yes Beyond Vape paid me to say this :lol: Just kidding unlike some reviewers cough Rip cough I don't get any money. Instead I tell companies to take my money when something innovative comes out. If you are interested they are $40 at Beyond Vape right now and in 2 weeks the smaller sleeve will be out for short mode for $13. This tank is a winner :thumbs: Of course someone will ask RBA section, but Beyond Vape is working on one I think. Don't quote me on that. If not the Sega Tank Anyvape will work with it. As always there is someone that will not like something about the tank whether it is looks, flavor or something. What suits me may not suit you.
For some time I was on the fence about it but only for its price tag of $40 but as of today I decided to purchase it. Although its on pre-order from them til the 29th of this month so I'll have to wait til then. I mainly purchased this tank over the others simply because of its design to take in the Atlantis coils as well. I know I know some of the other and cheaper sub ohm tanks will too (Freemax, yadda yadda) but for some reason I just didn't want them. Have a set of ni200 coils from vaporshark that I'm going to hold off on til my regular v2 coils are out. So once that beast is in i'll throw em on and vape away!

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I drove to Beyond Vapes from my house, and picked up the Silo Beast as well as the shorty tank attachment.

This tank is really great... has a nice look, primarily stainless steel, but with a glass section large enough to easily check juice levels. It has top fill, which can be filled right up to the very top of the 0 ring, as the top cap is completely flat so you don't need to leave room for it when you attach it!

I initially put the shorty tank on, and was using it with a .3 ohm atty. While it delivered great vap production and flavor, it got WAY too hot! Perhaps with the longer tank, the .3 ohm atty will work alright, but with the shorty, the drip tip gets hot enough to burn my lips!

Removed the 0.3 ohm atty and put on a 0.5 ohm atty (it comes with one 0.5 and one 1.0 ohm, I believe) and it's working great! No more issues with hot drip tips!

Again, I JUST got this tank a few hours ago, but so far, really love it!

As has been mentioned, it uses Atlantis coils, so no need to worry about coils becoming unavailable. On top of that, if you have a temp control device, order some temperature controlled atlantis coils from Vapor Shark, and you're good to go (I actually just did that myself!)

Great tank, but I know that there's a new, great tank coming out almost weekly!

IMAG0280.jpg

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I drove to Beyond Vapes from my house, and picked up the Silo Beast as well as the shorty tank attachment.

This tank is really great... has a nice look, primarily stainless steel, but with a glass section large enough to easily check juice levels. It has top fill, which can be filled right up to the very top of the 0 ring, as the top cap is completely flat so you don't need to leave room for it when you attach it!

I initially put the shorty tank on, and was using it with a .3 ohm atty. While it delivered great vap production and flavor, it got WAY too hot! Perhaps with the longer tank, the .3 ohm atty will work alright, but with the shorty, the drip tip gets hot enough to burn my lips!

Removed the 0.3 ohm atty and put on a 0.5 ohm atty (it comes with one 0.5 and one 1.0 ohm, I believe) and it's working great! No more issues with hot drip tips!

Again, I JUST got this tank a few hours ago, but so far, really love it!

As has been mentioned, it uses Atlantis coils, so no need to worry about coils becoming unavailable. On top of that, if you have a temp control device, order some temperature controlled atlantis coils from Vapor Shark, and you're good to go (I actually just did that myself!)

Great tank, but I know that there's a new, great tank coming out almost weekly!

View attachment 459000
I'm patiently awaiting its arrival but my order won't be fulfilled til the 29th. Looking forward to this tank profusely as I plan to toss atlantis coils in and bench my V1 for awhile. Don't get me wrong I'm still loving my ole Atlantis and the 5ml extension just made it all the sweeter. Hopefully my last bit of V2 coils will last til it arrives as I'm moving to the ni200 coils for it as well.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Shigura
You might think about getting the shorty attachment, as well.

It does add $13, but I figure I'll use the shorty when I'm at home. That allows me to change juice flavors after only 2.5ml, or simply refill it with what's already in the tank. Being it has top fill, refilling isn't really an issue, esp. at home.

On the road, or if I know I'm going to be out for several hours, I'll put the original 4.5ml tank on the Beast, and be set for several hours!

It really does give you the equivalent of two tanks, but without the need to get different coils for them!

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Shigura
You might think about getting the shorty attachment, as well.

It does add $13, but I figure I'll use the shorty when I'm at home. That allows me to change juice flavors after only 2.5ml, or simply refill it with what's already in the tank. Being it has top fill, refilling isn't really an issue, esp. at home.

On the road, or if I know I'm going to be out for several hours, I'll put the original 4.5ml tank on the Beast, and be set for several hours!

It really does give you the equivalent of two tanks, but without the need to get different coils for them!
Possibly, but maybe later on down the road. Primarily use my tanks for when I'm heading off to work and such as I'm too lazy to mess with rda's and what not.

Reactions: Foggin MooSe

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Possibly, but maybe later on down the road. Primarily use my tanks for when I'm heading off to work and such as I'm too lazy to mess with rda's and what not.

By the way, I just found out that Beyond Vapes also sells a LARGER tank that can be added to the Silo Beast, for $16! It holds 6ml of juice!

Also just saw a review that said that another company makes an RTA for the Atlantis, which works even better on the Silo Beast.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
By the way, I just found out that Beyond Vapes also sells a LARGER tank that can be added to the Silo Beast, for $16! It holds 6ml of juice!

Also just saw a review that said that another company makes an RTA for the Atlantis, which works even better on the Silo Beast.
I believe it was an RBA atomizer head for the Segatank. Should be able to find it on ebay well thats the only place I've looked so far. The biggest complaint for them was that the threads sit a little too low for it to match up with an Atlantis. Don't know for sure as I haven't tried one as my skill for rebuilding RTAs is rather garbage lol. But I'm trying!!! That or they just hate me however I just received some rayon to try out a bit in the vape mail yesterday.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Still waiting on my damn Silo Beast to ship was supposed to be available today 6/05 so it's been sitting on my preorder for about 2 weeks now. I wants my darn tank :blink: eh I've waited longer for other stuff but still want to know what the dealio is. I'll contact them later today as it says "out of stock" already.

Reactions: Ryanmcg1

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
I placed an order 3 weeks ago over the phone with them because I couldn't find the shorty tank online. My invoice that was emailed to me said the shorty tank was out of stock, also there was no mention of that when I placed the order.

They said the beast would be in stock by the end of the week then I noticed online it went out of stock and said to call them regarding availability. I called and told them I placed an order a week prior they said they received a partial shipment with no shorty tanks and the rest would come in the following week.

Monday the status changed to in stock and Wednesday I called and asked why mine hasn't shipped, they said the shipment wasn't enough for everybody, no word on the shorty tanks yet and the orders being taken after they switched the staus to in stock it was really for preorders of the next shipment. They said for those that purchased the beast and shorty tank together for the free shipping they will mail out the beast at no charge when it is your turn to fulfill your order and when the shorty tank came in they would mail them out at no charge.

Anyway the good news is I received an email today that both pieces shipped together. I hope that true so i don't have to contact them anymore. There customer service needs some attention I tried to get some info a month ago about the beast and shorty tanks and it was like pulling teeth no real responses and I would have to email them everyday for a week to get a full response to my intial email. So I started calling them and when you do get a hold of them what they say never adds up.

Reactions: Shigura

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I placed an order 3 weeks ago over the phone with them because I couldn't find the shorty tank online. My invoice that was emailed to me said the shorty tank was out of stock, also there was no mention of that when I placed the order.

They said the beast would be in stock by the end of the week then I noticed online it went out of stock and said to call them regarding availability. I called and told them I placed an order a week prior they said they received a partial shipment with no shorty tanks and the rest would come in the following week.

Monday the status changed to in stock and Wednesday I called and asked why mine hasn't shipped, they said the shipment wasn't enough for everybody, no word on the shorty tanks yet and the orders being taken after they switched the staus to in stock it was really for preorders of the next shipment. They said for those that purchased the beast and shorty tank together for the free shipping they will mail out the beast at no charge when it is your turn to fulfill your order and when the shorty tank came in they would mail them out at no charge.

Anyway the good news is I received an email today that both pieces shipped together. I hope that true so i don't have to contact them anymore. There customer service needs some attention I tried to get some info a month ago about the beast and shorty tanks and it was like pulling teeth no real responses and I would have to email them everyday for a week to get a full response to my intial email. So I started calling them and when you do get a hold of them what they say never adds up.
I had the same issue well just with the online order of the tank, about the partial orders they have received. At first it was rather aggravating as I know these tanks are available to purchase from their B&M shops. But after 3 weeks by I finally have a shipment coming my way and that suits me just fine now.

Reactions: Ryanmcg1

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
My tank has finally shipped so won't be able to weigh in on that. Not interested in its kanthal heads honestly but I could give it a go on my sig 150 that sits unused.

Hey Shigura, has you USPS tracking indicated that its left Beyond Vape and received by usps? Thursday I got an order update email from Beyond Vape that says, New Status : Shipped with a tracking number. When I check the tracking it says, Pre-shipment info sent to USPS which means they never handed it over to USPS yet. It also says Priority mail 2-day if that was the case I would have received it this morning.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Hey Shigura, has you USPS tracking indicated that its left Beyond Vape and received by usps? Thursday I got an order update email from Beyond Vape that says, New Status : Shipped with a tracking number. When I check the tracking it says, Pre-shipment info sent to USPS which means they never handed it over to USPS yet. It also says Priority mail 2-day if that was the case I would have received it this morning.
Nope no movement yet so technically I'm on the same page as you. But dang the time it took to get actually get there was fairly questionable. Had me worried about it a bit that it never would. Seems to me the physical B&M shops had top priority on this item. Eh, its fine any change on its status just makes me more antsy.

Ryanmcg1

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
Garyville, La
Well I'll be damned finally some movement with a nice, big "delayed" to go with it :lol: just can't catch a break.

Same with mine I wanted to forget about it till it came in as a surprise. But I gave in a little while ago and now shows in transit a d delivery date is tomorrow. My lost office usually doesn't sort everything and put the notice to pick it up in my box till the end of the day so I will have by 4pm. I picked up a few Atlantis V2 .5 coils and a few Vapor Shark Nickel coils also will try them both out tomorrow afternoon.

Same with mine I wanted to forget about it till it came in as a surprise. But I gave in a little while ago and now shows in transit a d delivery date is tomorrow. My lost office usually doesn't sort everything and put the notice to pick it up in my box till the end of the day so I will have by 4pm. I picked up a few Atlantis V2 .5 coils and a few Vapor Shark Nickel coils also will try them both out tomorrow afternoon.
My first Beast was delivered Friday, my second today. So far it is top notch, love it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150614_200903~3.jpg
    IMG_20150614_200903~3.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread