Just got my first vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

aecs

May 24, 2015
West TN
So I broke down and went for it, still skeptical about the safety of it, but it has to be better than the cigarettes...

Question, I purchased a Kanger sub tank mini, and am using the 1.2 ohm OCC cart, is there a way to rebuild it? I am an electrician by trade so I understand ohms law and such, I know the sub tank came with the rebuildable module, but I want to use the OCC and just be able to replace the coil, and cotton cause I am a cheapskate.... am I out of luck?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome aecs!

I just rewicked a bunch of my OCCs yesterday. I've tried rebuilding a couple, and I made the mistake of trying to pop off the top in order to get better access. Silly me - I've dinged up the finish on a couple of them, and it makes them "less-desirable" to throw in a tank (like marred metal less-desirable.) Plus, it's a PITA to get that top off and back on correctly. I think it was RipTrippers who merely pulls the contact pin and the insulator and then drops the coil through the top hole (without disassembling anything else). THAT'S way better for me. At this point, I'm just practicing the wicking part - there's no reason for me to tear apart the physical coil until it's ready to give up the ghost. I can get about 4 Nano-tankfuls or 2-3 Mini-tankfuls before I consider rewicking an OCC.

My new excitement is that I FINALLY got the wicking right on my RBA deck. I struggle with burnt hits (and I run 30p/70v juice most of the time). I can't really say what I've done "differently", but all systems go on my current RBA. I'd actually contemplated drilling out the juice channels somewhat, but I don't want to jack up the RBA deck.

Love the Nano - it's a good size for me. The Mini is nice when I'm lounging around.... I think you'll both be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread