Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Washington and Oregon are going down the same path. They are even trying to make it illegal to purchase ANYTHING having to do with e-cigs, flavoring, including all hardware and parts, etc. over the web .. or by phone. That's not even taking into consideration the 75% tax they want for purchases in the state. By forcing you to purchase inside the state, taxing it sky high, they are trying to recoup their loses.

This is a big majority of the problem .. deals the states cut with the tobacco company's, putting them in debt that they relied on cigarette tax to make up for . Now that sales of cigs are going down hill, they are in trouble.
http://projects.propublica.org/graphics/tbcbonds-statemap

For which they need to be indicted, prosecuted, and jailed; it's called "malfeasance" and they're guilty as sin.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
They want to keep us sick fro

Yea, they want to kill people to balance their budgets....

Yep. they were GAMBLING on the fact that that last 20% of people who smoked were going to stay smokers. then -- TADA! -- e-cigs! Really puts a cramp in their style, and shows them to the world for the cynical gambler they are. Now they've lost the bet, but instead of losing gracefully as everyone is urged to do FROM BIRTH, no, now they want to actually commit murder to cover up their fiscal crimes, just as any other criminal would do. THEY ARE CRIMINALS and they need to be held accountable for their crimes as any other criminal would be.

Andria

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Washington and Oregon are going down the same path. They are even trying to make it illegal to purchase ANYTHING having to do with e-cigs, flavoring, including all hardware and parts, etc. over the web .. or by phone. That's not even taking into consideration the 75% tax they want for purchases in the state. By forcing you to purchase inside the state, taxing it sky high, they are trying to recoup their loses.

This is a big majority of the problem .. deals the states cut with the tobacco company's, putting them in debt that they relied on cigarette tax to make up for . Now that sales of cigs are going down hill, they are in trouble.
http://projects.propublica.org/graphics/tbcbonds-statemap

I haven't looked at the tobacco bond monies charts, but I would bet these states are upside down on their bond loans!

It's really a shame, but we all know what's behind this whole issue....

Like I've said so many times in the past...VOTE...VOTE...and vote these incompetents out of office!:thumb:

:toast:

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I agree with voting, but it's not good enough to wait for the general election -- by that time, the decisions have already been made regarding who is on the ballot. This is how you end up in a "vote for the lesser of two evils" situation (which is still a vote for evil) and what has gotten us into this mess.

Register with your party and research everyone running BEFORE THE PRIMARIES. Then VOTE IN THE PRIMARY. This is how you get good people on the ballot. It is truly sad how few people participate in the primaries, and most of them are party-liners, supporting the party's inside man.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I agree with voting, but it's not good enough to wait for the general election -- by that time, the decisions have already been made regarding who is on the ballot. This is how you end up in a "vote for the lesser of two evils" situation (which is still a vote for evil) and what has gotten us into this mess.

Register with your party and research everyone running BEFORE THE PRIMARIES. Then VOTE IN THE PRIMARY. This is how you get good people on the ballot. It is truly sad how few people participate in the primaries, and most of them are party-liners, supporting the party's inside man.

Agreed!

Lobby...Vote....do whatever you can in any capacity!

Get and stay informed on the issues and the candidates!

Information has always been a form of power!

The reason our country is so messed up is because of the "head in the sand" stance; "Oh my vote won't make a difference" YES IT WILL! :thumb:

:toast::vapor:

Last edited:

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Funny though...big changes were expected after the last election...but as usual it's the same ol' same ol' in DC even with a completely dominated congress.

I'm not sure how it's even possible to overcome the dominance of the professional politicians in DC. Pretty damn broken if you ask me.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Funny though...big changes were expected after the last election...but as usual it's the same ol' same ol' in DC even with a completely dominated congress.

I'm not sure how it's even possible to overcome the dominance of the professional politicians in DC. Pretty damn broken if you ask me.

True...the system is broken...but it can be fixed!

2016 will be a turning point as there is no way a democrat will be elected, people are fed up with them! :thumb:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I expect to begin DIY in a week and I need advice on a default PG/VG ratio (which I can adjust for specific flavorings).
  • I like lots of vapor, and I associate that with VG. Correct?
  • I really need to keep my mucus membranes & air passageways hydrated, and I associate that with VG. Correct?
  • I certainly like flavor, which I associate with PG. Correct?
  • I want to avoid throat harshness, and PG causes that. Correct?
So . . . what's my best ratio? Can I compensate for less PG by adding more flavoring?

Welcome Chuck!

Your statements above are correct. I started around 50/50, but because I'm mixing anywhere from 20-30% flavorings, I am now landing 20p/80v - 30p/70v in my juices. My nic is VG-based, and after mixing flavors and nic, just top with VG. I get good flavor and the depth of cloud that I like.

I am not overly concerned with actual PG/VG ratio (and I don't know if I could tell much difference between anything from 50/50 - 20p/80v other than my cloud will be denser)

Everyone likes something different. You might consider 40p/60v - that could be a good middle of the road ratio. Obviously, play with it - make it yours - this is the beauty of DIY :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Obviously, play with it - make it yours - this is the beauty of DIY :)

That's one of the major reasons why I got into DIY, since I have to go the other way to very high PG, but most "bought" ejuice is usually about 70p/30v -- too much VG for me. Even 80p/20v is too much VG -- the ONLY way I can get the 84% PG that I really like is to mix it myself.

Andria

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I expect to begin DIY in a week and I need advice on a default PG/VG ratio (which I can adjust for specific flavorings).
  • I really need to keep my mucus membranes & air passageways hydrated, and I associate that with VG. Correct?
So . . . what's my best ratio? Can I compensate for less PG by adding more flavoring?

Welcome Chuck!

Bill and myself are the thread veterans and check in from time to time.

Yes more VG will do the trick!

There is no need to add more flavorings, but taste is very subjective.

Even when working with calculators like the E-juice me up there is always some margins for inaccuracy, but I have found it to be super easy to use and very reliable.

I personally have a severe sensitivity to PG and I mix 80 VG to 20PG and it works great for me! The flavorings also help as a dilutent, so it's not really a super, super thick liquid.

Play around, experiment, have fun! :thumb:

Reactions: Slots

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
A question for Bill, I'm sure it was answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it....

Assuming you make your own "Cotton Candy" from EM crystals, what is the formula you use, and your recipes would be based on?

I've seen mix ratios anywhere from 1:3 to 1:17. I know the mix doesn't matter unless you happen to be trying to reproduce the recipe, as is the case here.
No, I buy the Cotton Candy, and recommend it too. Good luck!

Reactions: VNeil

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

More VG will definitely give you more vapor, and be a lot less harsh on your throat -- however, both VG and PG are "hygroscopic" -- they will both pull moisture from your mucous membranes, but you might not feel it as quickly with VG, because VG also has an emollient effect -- but staying hydrated is equally important with both substances, and maybe even moreso with Vg, because you won't feel the dryness as much -- doesn't mean it's not there, just that it's not as irritating.

Andria

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
You guys know of any recipes I could make with these flavors?
Strawberries and cream
Peach
Apple (tart granny Smith)
Vanilla swirl
Whipped cream
Malted milk
Sweetener

I've made a couple different things but I'm still new and nothing has knocked my socks off.

Well youve got your base flavors, the Strawberries and Cream, Peach and Apple.. The rest are pretty much sweetening additives so you can try a couple at like 2-4% on top of one of the bases and see if something 'pops' for you.. Never used any of those fruit flavors so no clue where you would start percentagewise with them, but check the big spreadsheet floating around for TFA flavorings. I use Vanilla Swirl quite a bit but the recipes I use it in also have combinations of stuff like Sweet Cream and Cotton Candy on top..

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
You guys know of any recipes I could make with these flavors?
Strawberries and cream
Peach
Apple (tart granny Smith)
Vanilla swirl
Whipped cream
Malted milk
Sweetener

I've made a couple different things but I'm still new and nothing has knocked my socks off.

I don't do much with fruits, but I would use Bill's guide for pies or tarts - choose lower or higher percentages from within these ranges based on your personal tastes.

Pies

Vanillas and Creams - 5-8%
Sweeteners - 4-6%
Primaries - 7-13%
Secondaries - 4-8%

Tarts

Vanillas and Creams - 8%
Sweeteners - 2-4%
Primaries - 7-15%

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
@this is my name

I think with what you have you might attempt an adaptation of my Peach Melba
Peach Melba
9% MB Nectar Peach
7% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
5% EM
3% TFA Raspberry
3% TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% TFA Juicy Lemon

I don't know how strong the Strawberries and Cream is because I don't have it but if you think it could substitute the Raspberry (which is very strong and of which you only need a few drops - even 2 % will do) you might come up with something. I think your vanilla swirl and some whipped cream could substitute the Vanilla Ice Cream in my recipe. No harm in trying I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread