Not open for further replies.

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Have you tried:
ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING
It gives you more info on the shipping status of your package. Basically the USPS page will display "origin post is preparing for shipment" even though your flask might even be in U.S. customs already. The 17track will display the Chinese carrier info and should include the airport code where it was sent (USJFKF in my case) My last FT order took exactly 9 days from the "shipped" e-mail until receipt. Not bad IMHO.
I have never heard of this! Thanks! I will check out tonight. FYI I had some drip tips shipped May 6, and still not here but it was economy with no tracking. Just some cheap stuff. The subtank I got today only took 7 days if u can believe that!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
The Kanger Subtank mini rba is the only atty that I had problems with putting in a Ni200 coil.That is because of the way the coil mounts, it is made for a coil of pretty much a set length although a couple of bends on each leg will let it work out. My ni200 coil that I first put in the ST mini was too long so it bowed the coil some causing a couple of wraps to short. Not too hard to do as long as your aware of it I guess.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Vapor Flask Squonk DNA 40 V2.1S

Stock photos but Waidea obviously is taking suggestions seriously

Wow, well done!

Now please ask Nicole to ask them to use the Infinite chip not the Kangxin :) Then it can be max 60W, have Nickel Purity, no double-tap-from-sleep, and other benefits.

Quite likely they'll want to stick with the board they know, but can't hurt to try and get the better one in!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Wow, well done!

Now please ask Nicole to ask them to use the Infinite chip not the Kangxin :) Then it can be max 60W, have Nickel Purity, no double-tap-from-sleep, and other benefits.

Quite likely they'll want to stick with the board they know, but can't hurt to try and get the better one in!
Edit & Tag Nicole in your post & she'll get the message.

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Nickel Purity is a setting from 10-100 that Infinite have added to their dna 40 clone.

The stated purpose is to allow users who have lower quality Ni200 wire - such as is commonly found in China - to better use TC. Our expectation is the way it does that is to modify the Coefficient of Resistance that the chip uses for its resistance-to-temperature conversions.

The way TC works in general is that wire like Ni200 has a high Temperature Coefficient of Resistance. This means that the resistance rises proportionally to temperature, and does so in (relatively) large amounts. The Coefficient of pure Nickel is 0.006. In practice this means that for every °C hotter a wire gets, its resistance rises by 0.0006. Therefore if a coil is 0.10 at room temperature (20° C) and then you vape on it and the chip sees its resistance is now 0.22, it knows its resistance rose by 0.12 and it knows a resistance rise of 0.12 equals a temperature rise of 200°C (just under 400° F)

So the Temperature Coefficient of Resistance is the number that the chip/board uses to calculate a temperature rise from a given rise in resistance. DNA 40 and Yihi devices have Nickel's (or Ni200's) Coefficient hardcoded, so they only work accurately with Ni200 wire.

Nickel Purity allows the user to adjust for wire that is less pure. If the wire is less pure, it will have a lower coefficient - the resistance will rise less with each degree of temperature increase. The coefficient for less pure Ni200 will be lower than 0.006, perhaps 0.005 or whatever.

Therefore, Nickel Purity should be modifying the coefficient value that is used by the chip.

This is exciting not because it allows us to use lower quality Ni200, but rather because it potentially allows us to use different wire altogether, in particular Titanium Grade 1. Ti Gr1 has a coefficient of 0.0035, compared to Nickel's of 0.006 - just over half. Therefore I hope that setting an appropriate value on the Nickel Purity scale will cause the mod to lower the cofficient so much that it reaches the value of Titanium. EDIT: It does!

The upshot of that is that we will be able to vape on Titanium wire without a temperature offset - people who currently use Ti wire have to set a lower value than the one they want, eg if they want to vape at 450°F they set around 360. If we can set the right coefficient, then we could vape Titanium using the real temperature setting we want.

I only got my Titanium wire yesterday and haven't had a chance to test this yet, but expect to do so tonight. So I will update later as to whether it works as hoped. EDIT: It works! Full info later.

TLDR: Nickel Purity will make it easier and more accurate to do TC vapes on wire other than Nickel, such as Titanium and Stainless Steel.

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Vapor Flask Squonk DNA 40 V2.1S

Stock photos but Waidea obviously is taking suggestions seriously

@Nikkita6 awesome work getting Waidea working on this!

One request: Could you mention to them that the device will be much improved if they use the new Infinite/SXK 60W chip rather than the Kangxin.

The reasons I and very likely others would much prefer this:
  • Goes to 60W
  • Lower minimum TC resistance (0.06)
  • °C temps as well as °F
  • Nickel Purity
  • A proper sleep mode (no double-tap to fire from sleep)
  • A working, persistent lock
  • Better atty resistance reads - reads on the lightest tap of fire, not requiring a 'press'
  • Live resistance reading during fire (a first I believe - even genuine DNA 40 doesn't have this)

I would definitely, immediately buy a Squonk with the new Infinite ship. With the older Kangxin chip, I would have to weigh it up - could I put up with another device with the downsides of my Waidea? Or maybe would I wait to see if Infinite or someone else also brings one out with the better chip?

I believe others will feel the same - I know many people who have mentioned the double-tap-from-sleep in particular as a reason they dislike the current Kangxin/Waidea mods, and it's a question I have been asked many times regarding the Infinite flask as to whether it has the same behaviour.

Thanks again!

Tronk72

May 5, 2015
Connecticut, U.S.A.
So I went to 17track & put in tracking number. I put in under the Global Postal section. I guess this is correct. The only thing I saw on my original tracking is USPS & I didn't see a USPS tab on 17track. Anyway it came up with the same info.....5-19-15 origin post is preparing shipment.
Ok. There should be a section in Chinese right under the info written in English. Now if you hover over the tab that reads "translate/aim language" you will see a yellow tab that reads "modify translate aim language here". If it is already in English, change it to any other language and then back to English. Now the section previously in Chinese should read in English and there you should be able to see the destination Airport code in the U.S. Hope that helps.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
So I went to 17track & put in tracking number. I put in under the Global Postal section. I guess this is correct. The only thing I saw on my original tracking is USPS & I didn't see a USPS tab on 17track. Anyway it came up with the same info.....5-19-15 origin post is preparing shipment.

It just says one line of info? If so, click on that and it should expand to show the full info. You must have more info than that, because:

That "preparing shipment" line is from the US Postal Service, their tracking goes live once it gets out of the Chinese sorting center.

So it's already got as far as the Chinese sorting centre, which means you should have a couple of lines of info at least.

Here's the three progressions of info:
  1. You put in your tracking number(s) and you get one line of info per package. This shows only the most recent record (usually in Chinese)
    1. Some messages like Origin Post, which is generated by USPS, may appear in English. But at least for me receiving in UK, even some messages generated in your local country can still appear in Chinese. Eg the "LANGLEY" message you see in below example screenshot is a UK message but is printed in Chinese except for "LANGLEY HWDC"
  2. You click anywhere on that line to expand it and see all lines of info (usually in Chinese)
  3. You then click Translate -> ON to see it all in English

Example from one of my recent packages:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread