Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Those bubingas are nearly impossible to identify on the pics/video. A few stand out ([HASHTAG]#353[/HASHTAG]), and I could tell which ones were bubinga, but I could not figure out which one was which. So I just grabbed the first one I saw (#98)... but then I wasn't sure I'd made the right choice. And I've never seen a woodville in person, so how am I suppose to know if I'm going to prefer bubinga to cocobolo?

I thought so and got the 353 , looking for one with a real woodsy look and something unique. Also with a wood I liked after doing some research.
liked also no 22 and 184 bloodwood which I though had a good pattern.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Avoided the blood bath by taking my time and scored [HASHTAG]#184[/HASHTAG] to go along with the pair that I already have. :)

87Lhovo.jpg

Y0O2yCw.jpg

Was in my top pics before I saw 353.
Thought it was the most unique of the bloodwoods.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
OMGosh....Couldn't sleep and went to the website for laughs. This sweet little thing kept calling my name and needed a home. Paduak/Birdseye maple. Really like the pattern on the door:

2c1c7026c02aa452705e6bae96a17762.jpg

So I wound up with another! I'm such a greedy hussy! Well, I did have a backup list in case all of the plunger door ones got gone [emoji6] So I now have two beauties coming my way. LOL

Note:This is the pick of the day for me by far [emoji4]

11d74ed0273dee35d52d93d9bf01be19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Last edited:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
you funny bastid. i'd say more, but i think i'm still in "infraction" territory

but, yeh, paying down the karma debt is pretty much spot on :)

Your debt is paid as far as I'm concerned[emoji6]You dun a good thing for this old gal [emoji4] Would not have been able to snag the plunger one b4 they got gone without you!

Mommabird62

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
a hoople is pretty much anybody. i am certainly one

it's a bit more of a common term in Rob's neck of the woods

don't take this link too seriously, but it'll give ya a rough idea :)
Urban Dictionary: Hoople

LOL That definition is hilarious! Gets funnier the more you read it. [emoji12] And oh, so true!

Mommabird62

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Sweaty...shaking.....sweaty...shaking.....sweaty...heart pounding like a war drum.....shaking
hehehe you're too funny! I can just picture you! Of course, now, you're in your jammies (or not) and fast asleep on your pillow.
nite head on pillow, zzz rolls over scratches .... tiny.gif

Now, I just got nervous. My wife told me our savings is in good shape and gave me permission to get one!!!
so happy you were able to get one!!!

Rob falls asleep at the keyboard forgets to open the site back up
Ha!! There would be a mass exodus to Maine with pitchforks and torches!! lol Hope you have a wonderful time fishing and great weekend off!! You deserve so much more than that!

Got my 3rd choice :) I am a happy camper [HASHTAG]#108[/HASHTAG]
Glad you're happy! Sorry you lost 1 and 2. 108 is one that wasn't a purple heart that I thought was so gorgeous!! I bet even more so in person.

Okay I am lost what is a Hoople?

KAS
YOU are now a hoople!! lol

Today is my 23rd wedding anniversary so I wasn't able to partake due to activities we had planned before the date was announced.
Wahoooo!!!! That is even better than a woodvil........but there are still many left, and it would make such a great anniversary present, as someone else mentioned!!

Congrats to all who got exactly what they wanted.....or got the mod that wanted them!!!

I didn't participate, in fact, finally crashed and slept through the sale and a huge storm, but, am celebrating 3 years smoke free today!!! Now someone go buy all the remaining purple hearts with birdseye doors, so I won't be tempted to sell a kidney or sumpthin!!!! lol

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
hehehe you're too funny! I can just picture you! Of course, now, you're in your jammies (or not) and fast asleep on your pillow. View attachment 459045

so happy you were able to get one!!!

Ha!! There would be a mass exodus to Maine with pitchforks and torches!! lol Hope you have a wonderful time fishing and great weekend off!! You deserve so much more than that!

Glad you're happy! Sorry you lost 1 and 2. 108 is one that wasn't a purple heart that I thought was so gorgeous!! I bet even more so in person.

YOU are now a hoople!! lol

Wahoooo!!!! That is even better than a woodvil........but there are still many left, and it would make such a great anniversary present, as someone else mentioned!!

Congrats to all who got exactly what they wanted.....or got the mod that wanted them!!!

I didn't participate, in fact, finally crashed and slept through the sale and a huge storm, but, am celebrating 3 years smoke free today!!! Now someone go buy all the remaining purple hearts with birdseye doors, so I won't be tempted to sell a kidney or sumpthin!!!! lol

Congrats on three years debadoo!!! Thats something to celebrate! [emoji2]

Mommabird62

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Congrats on three years debadoo!!! Thats something to celebrate!
emoji2.png
Thanks sweetie!!! Jup!!! Never believed anything could get me to quit. Was trying to figger out how to have a smoke and a coffee even after I was dead! :laugh:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I didn't participate, in fact, finally crashed and slept through the sale and a huge storm, but, am celebrating 3 years smoke free today!!!

Congratulations, Deb! That is something to really jump for joy over :). And in case you change your mind, there's still about 150 Woodvils left!:thumbs:.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Congratulations, Deb! That is something to really jump for joy over :). And in case you change your mind, there's still about 150 Woodvils left!:thumbs:.
Thanks sweetie!! Jup it is!! Very happy about that! Jup very glad there are so many left. Not in the plans at present. One day perhaps.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Congrats Debadoo on 3 years smoke free! Will be 6 for me come sep 22nd.

If there was ever a good reason to get a new woodville, nows the time. :)

If I was rich it be on its way!
wow, 6 years. that's fantastic!!! and that's sweet, but don't need a woodvil. they're gorgeous, but I've been so incredibly blessed by folks here! I've got far more than I ever would have dreamed of!!

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Well done , that was in my top two until 353 which I got was posted.
Your bubinga mod was on my short poly list, gorgeous.
I eventually identified the back of 22 and that pushed it to #1. Did you see the backside? No cut and snip tool here but I did at work for all potentials. My coworkers think I'm nuts (true) but I have folders of images. One of them even got into it and began confirming my front/back images, Lol. This sale was a blast!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Your bubinga mod was on my short poly list, gorgeous.
I eventually identified the back of 22 and that pushed it to #1. Did you see the backside? No cut and snip tool here but I did at work for all potentials. My coworkers think I'm nuts (true) but I have folders of images. One of them even got into it and began confirming my front/back images, Lol. This sale was a blast!

It was a blast. Being proxy this sale brought memories of the only sale I actually was in. As in most sales I haven't seen what mine looks like till it arrives. Rob said they all get mailed out on Tuesday so it appears Friday when it will get here.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It was a blast. Being proxy this sale brought memories of the only sale I actually was in. As in most sales I haven't seen what mine looks like till it arrives. Rob said they all get mailed out on Tuesday so it appears Friday when it will get here.
....gonna be a l-o-n-g week for many of us......arrrrg!

Silver1

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I didnt take part or buy a Woodvil

But i watched from the sidelines here in SA

Just find it amazing how so many people from all over the world come together on a single site at one time to buy an awesome product and see if they can get the one they want

Truly amazing

Congrats To the modmaker. Beautiful creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread