Best ni200 coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
You did read what you quoted right? I can't go higher. At 40watts I am not coming close to the temp I have set. At 450F at 40watts I'm hovering around 400-420F. At 480F I still hovering around the same temp which isn't changing the vape.

I can't get the warm vape I enjoy using these coils on the DNA40 like I have been on the SX Mini. With the Kanger coils this isn't happening.

Hm, that's weird. You can easily overpower Atlantis coils in my experience. Might be something else going on. There might be a clue that you are getting such a heavy drop at refinement. What mod is this? Maybe the 510 or the ground is funky.

a tez

Mar 21, 2015
New York
Hm, that's weird. You can easily overpower Atlantis coils in my experience. Might be something else going on. There might be a clue that you are getting such a heavy drop at refinement. What mod is this? Maybe the 510 or the ground is funky.

I'm having an identical experience with both my Vapor Flask 2.1 and Hana Modz V4m. It actually went down to .15ohms now (which is what my Mini reads .159) and I am able to hit 450F at 40watts. Anything higher though doesn't come close to temp unless I barely inhale. Everything else I throw at my DNA40s works perfectly.

That being said, 450F is much more tolerable for me so I am enjoying it more. I will be using it on my Vapor Flask only (prefer the dual battery and I like the Lemo 2 on my Mini)

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I'm having an identical experience with both my Vapor Flask 2.1 and Hana Modz V4m. It actually went down to .15ohms now (which is what my Mini reads .159) and I am able to hit 450F at 40watts. Anything higher though doesn't come close to temp unless I barely inhale. Everything else I throw at my DNA40s works perfectly.

That being said, 450F is much more tolerable for me so I am enjoying it more. I will be using it on my Vapor Flask only (prefer the dual battery and I like the Lemo 2 on my Mini)
Noticed you said you liked a Lemo 2 on your mini.... was reading in the SX350 mini M thread and some folks are discussing the lemo with the mini.... maybe, if you want, you can help them with their questions

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Got my order of Atlantis nickel coils today... giving it a go.....initial ohm reading came in at 0.16 and after refinement it settled at 0.15 ohms.... vaping at 430F @ 20.9 watts on a DNA40 device. Air flow set to medium on the Atlantis (version 1).......good flavor/vapor on first impression....

Update one day later: Enjoying it.... still stable at 0.15 ohms.....

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Got my order of Atlantis nickel coils today... giving it a go.....initial ohm reading came in at 0.16 and after refinement it settled at 0.15 ohms.... vaping at 430F @ 20.9 watts on a DNA40 device. Air flow set to medium on the Atlantis (version 1).......good flavor/vapor on first impression....

Update one day later: Enjoying it.... still stable at 0.15 ohms.....
sounds very good. Hoping to get some here in UK early next week. There are some available already on a site I wont mention for some ridiculous price. I passed on that! Glad you have them working well!! My atlantis has been a bit neglected since i realised the melo coils i got on the basis of them not having the ceramic stuff, are exactly the same as the orginal atlantis coils. Im not so worried about it but it does take the edge off enjoyment somewhat.

Keep us posted!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Retird, are they the same construction as the original (apart from the ceramic stuff of course). I mean the vertical coil with the long legs??
I haven't dissected one yet. I was so excited to get them that I just plugged one in and got with the program. From your post I grabbed a new unopened coil and looked in the top of it. It is a vertical coil and I'm not sure if the wire size is different than Kanger coils but there are a lot of wraps in the coil. I will know after I change out the coil I'm vaping so I can tear it down to "snoop" a bit... but still vaping really good imo....

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
would the atlantis ni200 coils work in any tank that can use the regular kanthal subohm atlantis coils? for instance , a melo tank can use their own coils or atlantis coils- so i assume the same would be true for ni200 coils. i saw somewhere there are a few tanks that can use the atlantis coils so i am also guessing they could use the atlantis ni200 coils also? any confirmation would be appreciated.....

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
would the atlantis ni200 coils work in any tank that can use the regular kanthal subohm atlantis coils? for instance , a melo tank can use their own coils or atlantis coils- so i assume the same would be true for ni200 coils. i saw somewhere there are a few tanks that can use the atlantis coils so i am also guessing they could use the atlantis ni200 coils also? any confirmation would be appreciated.....

I don't have any other brand tanks which use Atlantis coils but since both coils work in the Atlantis it seems logical if a non-nickel Atlantis coil works in a certain tank then so should the nickel ones...

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
So I have Smok GCT/VCT and VS Atlantis coils, both good so far. The smok coils tend to run high so there might be a long leg in there somewhere. but they work just fine. big vertical coil.

the gimlet is an excellent tank option IMO. i find the air control on the atlantis and subtanks to be too bipolar for my liking, the gimlet has four nice evenly sized inlets.
I have tried most of the ni200 pre-built and i completely agree the gimlet has been by far and away the best so far i have the new tct and i still like the gimlet better, the only con is capacity only holds 3ml but they are coming out with a 5ml.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
peterforpats - yes, I've been using the Atlantis nickel coils in a Silo Beast at 40J / 475 F on the SX Mini. Fantastic. Blows the Kanger OCC nickel coils out of the water completely.

Edit: initial resistance read at .16. The next morning it came down to .14 where it has stayed for the last few days.

Will be testing the coils in the Atlantis 2 tank on a VaporFlask next.

Last edited:

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Would these coils for the Nautilus:

Nautilus Temperature Sensing Coil (5 Pack)

Be that much better than these:

5pcs VapeOnly vAir-T Temperature Control Coil Compatible with Aspire Nautilus, Type N

That's quite a price difference.

Tough call. I tried a pack of the vAir-T ($9.95 from Sweet Vapes). First coil resistance jumping like crazy, discarded. Second coil was fine. Third coil read ok, but fired weakly and was physically jammed in the Nautilus threads and had to use pliers to extract, discarded. At that point I gave up, because even if the other two were fine the per unit price for a working coil was about the same as VS ones (which pretty much always work - I've had one bad coil in about 7 packs).

I do like the fact they're using cotton, and at the super low price you've found it may be worth another try. Maybe I just got a bad pack. Let us know how they work out for you if you do try them.

Reactions: spartanstew

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
I find its pretty juice dependent. Mine are mainly 65PG/35VG, and I vape a Nautilus at 11-12 watts, usually alternating between two tanks/flavors every day. On light colored simpler flavors I can get 9 - 14 days (approx 30-40ml). On darker strong complex mixes I only get 4 - 7 days or about 10-20ml.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Thanks. I'm currently using my nautilus on a 30W istick with BVC coils at 16 watts. Most of my juice is 50/50 and of the custard variety, so usually thick. I vape about 10ml per day of juice. I usually get 4-7 days out of a BVC coil and with the price of those TC coils, I hope I can get at least that (or more), but maybe not.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks. I'm currently using my nautilus on a 30W istick with BVC coils at 16 watts. Most of my juice is 50/50 and of the custard variety, so usually thick. I vape about 10ml per day of juice. I usually get 4-7 days out of a BVC coil and with the price of those TC coils, I hope I can get at least that (or more), but maybe not.
Your not planning on using these on the 30W istick are you? If not, which mod?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
You should be able to get more mileage out a TC coil then out of a normal kanthal type. As the temp limiting will also prolong the longevity of your cotton. As an added bonus geared more towards the rebuildables is majority of the time you just remove the wicking material, then clean off the coil and boom back into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread