Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So i had to use a tiny rubber ring i had in my Russian spares to secure the 510 pin on the kayfun. It was pretty loose to say the least. Couldn't get it to fire with it screwed all the way with the Provari ring on and it would be way too loose if i unscrewed it.

Anyway i have a 32 awg coil made up of 6 wraps with an id of 2mm ohm'ing in at 2.5. Had a bit of trial and error with the jc. Opening it right up floods the coil so i closed it completely until i got a dry hit then opened it up bit by bit. Now it's open at 450 degrees and seems to be pretty stable. Also getting a nice volume of vapour too. I also tightened up the airflow a lttle.

So all in all just a bit of fine tuning and it's vaping as it should. Took about 4 hours during which time i used 3 different types of wire, and filled and emptied 3 times.

Last edited:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
So i had to use a tiny rubber ring i had in my Russian spares to secure to 510 pin on the Kayfun. It was pretty loose to say the least. Couldn't get it to fire with it screwed all the way with the Provari ring on and it would be way too loose if i screwed it out.

Anyway i have a 32 awg coil made up of 6 wraps with an id of 2mm ohm'ing in at 2.5. Had a bit of trial and error with the jc. Opening it right up floods the coil so i closed it completely until i got a dry hit then opened it up bit by bit. Now it's open at 450 degrees and seems to be pretty stable. Also getting i nice volume of vapour too. I also tightened up the airflow a lttle.

So all in all just a bit of fine tuning and it's vaping as it should. Took about 4 hours during which time i used 3 different types of wire, and filled and emptied 3 times.
Don't get me started

Reactions: evan le'garde

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
The one you bought from Provape is the real deal. No way they would sell a clone as a authentic. The one from ebay I would wonder about. I've not seen a authorized SvoeMesto dealer on ebay.

Oh I had no doubts about the authenticity of the one from ProVape... But anyway they appear to be identical to each other, and they both vape exactly the same so I'm not going to worry about it anymore. If it is a clone, then it's an exact copy...

Anyway I couldn't wait for payday and managed to get a Russian 91% from Mt Baker Vapor. Got it in the mail yesterday and it's just as awesome as the V4's...

06cf76960decac08c475a6d1a16a9c34.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Reactions: qorax

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Is the K4 craze over??? Such peace and quiet in the K4 thread... :D

Well, nuffin to report. Still rockin' mine on an all day basis.
Mine is my number one ADV tank, too.
I almost posted here this morning: I want to know who makes the best K4 clone. I really want a black K4, but it doesn't appear like Svoemesto is ever going to produce them, so a clone it will have to be.

Any of you peeps have a suggestion? (PM if you're too embarrassed to admit to owning a clone :))

Reactions: HDMontana

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
I almost posted here this morning: I want to know who makes the best K4 clone. I really want a black K4, but it doesn't appear like Svoemesto is ever going to produce them, so a clone it will have to be.

Tobeco is highly regarded, and I'm pretty sure they make a black one.

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Not likely BNEAT, though I'd buy a black KF4 myself. That is, of course, if the evaporation chamber / chimney was black too. From what I've seen, those internal chimney sections on all coloured KF clones are steel; which ruins the black aesthetic for me.

I'd love to have the choice of colours that dotmod has released for their Petri RDA's. They seem nice tones and look classy. Unlike the Squape Rs coloured tanks, which look really tacky in my opinion.

Also re the Tobeco and Ehpro clones. From what I've seen, and not saying that there aren't a few updates, the Tobeco clones are entirely black on the exterior, whilst the Ehpro clones have the cross hatching on the drip tip and steel tank section silver. Just something to check for those considering from between the two.

Reactions: BNEAT

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Is the K4 craze over??? Such peace and quiet in the K4 thread... :D

Well, nuffin to report. Still rockin' mine on an all day basis.

Carry on.

Cheers,
R

I love the K4, but I'm tired of the wet hands and leaking in my pocket. I've replaced the #16 o-ring and all the others below the tank to no avail. Until I can order and install some 12x1.5mm o-rings I've cranked up my old K3. I'm enjoying leak free vaping again. There's less flavor, but more satisfaction without the leaks. If the K3 leaks it's because I put my finger over the air hole and created too much vacuum. That's my fault.

That said, I will order some larger o-rings and see if that fixes the problem. I'm also using less juice with the K3 and that's a plus.

Last edited:

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Not likely BNEAT, though I'd buy a black KF4 myself. That is, of course, if the evaporation chamber / chimney was black too. From what I've seen, those internal chimney sections on all coloured KF clones are steel; which ruins the black aesthetic for me.

Smoked glass from IBTanked or Spectrum Tanks, or the tinted M-Tank from SM, could solve that to some extent.

Thanks for all of the input people, looks like I'll start shopping for a Tobeco

I can see it now: the day my clone arrives Svoemesto will release a black authentic:facepalm:

Well hurry up and buy it then cause I need a matte black K4 to go with my P3 Stealth. I wonder if ProVape could get permission from SvoeMesto to give their stock of K4s the stealth treatment? I'm guessing probably not.

On another note BNEAT... my latest and third P3, forth ProVari with a P3 connector, and 7th that I've tried overall, finally fits a K4 w/P3 connector WITHOUT a gap. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread