• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I missed this when you guys first went for it. Looks pretty good for the cost, especially as it comes with a bottom feeder rda. I'm tempted!

post screws are not too good on the rda, if you get one try wrapping them around the top rather that putting the coil ends through the post holes.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
post screws are not too good on the RDA, if you get one try wrapping them around the top rather that putting the coil ends through the post holes.
How is the button and the voltage drop (if noticeable) from the mod? I saw FT had a clone coming up of the chalice bottom feeder I think so could get that if the Rda with this is naff

Reactions: trouble1000

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
How is the button and the voltage drop (if noticeable) from the mod? I saw FT had a clone coming up of the chalice bottom feeder I think so could get that if the Rda with this is naff

The RDA is great, it's just the post screws, if you coil it normally with the wire through the post holes the screws don't appear to tighten down very well, I do have it that way at the moment and don't use too thin a wire or else they will break it, button is okay, haven't really noticed any voltage drop, with the build I did I get great flavour and good clouds using dual coil 5 wraps 26g round 3mm mandrel which gave me just over 0.5 ohms (I originally did 9 wraps for 1 ohm but it took too long to heat up).

Next time I build on it I'll either try different screws or wrap around the top.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Terry - I just saw one review for the Black Kangxin, and this is included :blink:
Needs a coin to change battery Bulging LED lens on the top which glows blue with each fire Limited to 22mm atomisers - could have been a tad wider at the curve
I just hope the reply I got to my query about that re the grey and green ones is correct: she said they would be sent as seen on the images. A flashing blue light on it is way OTT! ....an idea taken from a toy car? :laugh:

As for the main part of the review, I'll read it properly when mine arrive.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Terry - I just saw one review for the Black Kangxin, and this is included :blink:
Needs a coin to change battery Bulging LED lens on the top which glows blue with each fire Limited to 22mm atomisers - could have been a tad wider at the curve
I just hope the reply I got to my query about that re the grey and green ones is correct: she said they would be sent as seen on the images. A flashing blue light on it is way OTT! ....an idea taken from a toy car? :laugh:

As for the main part of the review, I'll read it properly when mine arrive.
I already knew about the battery caps Trish, but if the one i ordered has one of them stupid bloody bulbs protruding, it will be sent straight back ! As for the torch coming on with each fire, surely there is a way to disable it ? If i were that person, i would just take the bulb out.

Reactions: trouble1000

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

:lol:

(sorry! know i shouldn't):evil:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just managed to swipe a Siam Drip Tip on GD's site:
Siam 001.JPG

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Well i'm down for one aswell Bob.
But it's happened to me before when i still didn't get it.
So cross fingers for the two of us

Normally if you get the confirmation email, that means you got it. I actually tried to get a couple more but they kept getting nabbed before I could check out completely, I've also opted for 3 on the EVL thread, think I was the first to actually post at 19:30, a few tried to get in earlier :D

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I got the confirmation mail 3 weeks ago Bob
Then got the mail from Mrs Dibley on the Monday saying "sorry double order"
I had a go at EVL's but was too early.My sat programmed clock said 1 sec past 7.30.UKV logged it as 7.28,not too worried about that one 'tho.
Hope we both got our Dibleys.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I already knew about the battery caps Trish, but if the one i ordered has one of them stupid bloody bulbs protruding, it will be sent straight back ! As for the torch coming on with each fire, surely there is a way to disable it ? If i were that person, i would just take the bulb out.
Yes, I knew about the bulbs, but not the blue flashing light every time it's fired!
I did ask about the fact that some show a bulb and others not, and the reply was that they would be sent according to the images for each colour ...so I hope she was right! :laugh:

Just managed to swipe a Siam Drip Tip on GD's site:
That's really nice - lovely colour too! I like that straight shape with the uncluttered look :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I got the confirmation mail 3 weeks ago Bob
Then got the mail from Mrs Dibley on the Monday saying "sorry double order"
I had a go at EVL's but was too early.My sat programmed clock said 1 sec past 7.30.UKV logged it as 7.28,not too worried about that one 'tho.
Hope we both got our Dibleys.

There are still a few EVL ones that no one has gone for. I've also managed to bag a 8.4v series wood mech made by SJP (1st of only 10 made) to go with my Parallel/series one, and a Svapiamo SX350 wood squonker.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
There's some odd looking driptips left there Bob,think he'll have trouble moving those.
I've checked yours and they look OK to me;) :laugh:

I made a list of about 11 in the order that I wanted them just in case someone beat me to them, but it's definitely not a GD type sale :laugh:

Reactions: Brynglas

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Some of the Siam ones are glow in the dark types, others change colour when out in daylight. I have a yellow wide bore one that shines under dark light (UV)
Not keen on gimmicks like glow in the dark, but some of them are very nice.

Don't go out in the garden after dark with that Trish.
The neighbours will think you're part of a Police raid.
:shock:
They probably wouldn't bat an eyelid ..they're used to seeing vehicles sporting blue lights arrive and men bearing guns come into our house :laugh:

I made a list of about 11 in the order that I wanted them just in case someone beat me to them, but it's definitely not a GD type sale :laugh:
Wouldn't even know where to find them, let alone go through the stresses of trying to get one! :facepalm:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Yes, I knew about the bulbs, but not the blue flashing light every time it's fired!
I did ask about the fact that some show a bulb and others not, and the reply was that they would be sent according to the images for each colour ...so I hope she was right! :laugh:
As i said Trish, there will be a way to turn the light off, they probably just haven`t sussed it out yet :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread