Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Jup when my ex and I were just starting out, we even got denied an apt to rent because we had no credit rating. Paid cash for things, lived within our means, saved up til we could buy it. But were bad risks. I'd already given her a check for the deposit, she called me the next day, told me to come get my check, she couldn't rent to us. No bad credit, just no credit at all

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
Between Credit co.'s and insurance co,'s We're being raped. Do you guy's realize that the National building codes are written my insurance company's? Not for the public's safety, but so the don't have to pay out! And all the safety things that have to be built into new cars are insurance driven?

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
With the landlord getting a property management co to take care of my apt. and rent going up I figured I'd check into maybe getting a loan to buy a foreclosure house. put in a app with my bank, but since I got rid of all my credit cards years ago and have been totally C Card and debt free for years, I got NO credit rating at all. I got denied, go figure they won't loan me money if I pay all my bills and only buy what I want when I can pay for it. I'm a bad risk. And folks wonder what's wrong with the Economy? My Dad could walk into his bank tell the loan officer what he wanted and walk out with a loan, and He had no debt & payed everything off as soon as possible. Often early.

You would think that the fact that you have no debt indicates that you'd be the best credit risk. Crazy, but I've heard of this happening to others. It's been said that you should have a CC and buy something on it once in awhile just so you could pay it off quickly to establish a credit score.

This reminds me of the time Mike's father bought a car with cash. The dealership had trouble figuring out how to complete the sale.

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
This reminds me of the time Mike's father bought a car with cash. The dealership had trouble figuring out how to complete the sale.[/QUOTE]
Sorry we don't understand what a cash is. Can you describe it?
I'm a little bummed out cause Paul's finishing moving out today and He's going back to a place w/ 4 BR, 3 Bath and a pool for $825 a month. I'd like a pool. or a lake or the beach. Maybe I should go over to the coast where Seapeach is and no one would worry about me running around without a shirt? What say Peach? Care for another lunatic , floridiot, running around over there?

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
CIMG3306.JPG

Oh! just got 2 of these at Wal-mart, killer Iced Tea mugs. Summer survival kits for the porch.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Have to add my :2c: about this credit thing. I'm in the same boat with that. No credit, pay my bills as soon as they come in, but can't get credit. I, as one of the "older" folks here, think there is an age discrimination going on as well. I don't think they want to give credit to people they deem may die before they can pay off their outstanding credit amounts.
With my only income being SS and the age factor, my once a year attempt to get a credit card gets denied every time. :(

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
most of the time I don't think about it we've been doin google hangouts on the porch, so have had that on my mind

Don't think I'll be joining y'all there. Life has been crapping on me lately,both literally and figuratively....LOL... had to place an emergency order for a toilet plunger yesterday. Don't want to bring everybody down with my woes.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Runamok;
I'm thinking you might qualify to get a VA housing loan. This shows what the service requirements are:
Eligibility - Home Loans

Here's where you can apply online for the VA Certificate of Eligibility:
Home - eBenefits

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Dat's awesome and kudos to ya! Ain't it great...
snoopy.gif
snoopy.gif
snoopy.gif

thanks sweetie!! Jup it sure is!

Don't think I'll be joining y'all there. Life has been crapping on me lately,both literally and figuratively.
I'm in there now, and I can see if you don't want to share with folks you may not know as well, but you know we're always here for each other in good times AND bad. I'm the only one in there now if you want to come in. Or I can meet you on skype, if you want to do voice. I've been having a lot of trouble with my shoulder, so being able to do voice is much easier than typing

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
1eb967b3d32bebec2c8e0453c149a5b9.gif

Good morning everybody!!! I'm just waiting for mail through this Sunday. Anticipating Monday's to be quite a load.
[/QUOTE] Ok, it won't be official til around 7pm tonite IIRC, but..........today marks 3 years since I quit smoking!!!! :banana::banana::banana::rickroll::rickroll::banana::banana::banana:

wish I had a lil sumpin sumpin to celebrate with!! :party: lol Not beer though, will pretend there is drambuie in them bottles. :)[/QUOTE]

Yay! Deb, three years! That totally rocks and is such an inspiration to me. All these folk who have hung with it successfully! I'm dancin' with ya! :banana::banana::banana::rickroll::banana::banana::banana:

I realized there were more pages on the REOS web site after I posted that....wow. Such craftsmanship...just beautiful!

The Betelgeuse has a fruity tongue and when I turn the watts down, I really taste the tart raspberry. Turn it up and it reminds me of Captain Crunch cereal...the crunchberry kind. I'm still playing with it. Should have waited for the BOGO. I got a 15 ml and a 30 ml, but something tells me I'll want more.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Don't think I'll be joining y'all there. Life has been crapping on me lately,both literally and figuratively....LOL... had to place an emergency order for a toilet plunger yesterday. Don't want to bring everybody down with my woes.
If you cannot depress your friends, who can you depress? :)
it usually helps to talk about your woes, you know.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread