Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
I just posted this question in the Members section a couple of weeks ago. Other ECF members told me that there isn't an issue with the equipment. Batteries/tanks etc. It was suggested to me that you not take a gallon of juice with you on the plane, you may want to check that as a needed. I did a quick search on airport rules on vaping...Tampa International airport you can vape in, Detroit Metro Airport...No.

Reactions: Izan

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
In the US at least, most batteries are not allowed on the plane, unless you check it. This rule seems to be enforced only when it comes to pvs. Shrug.

By international regulation, batteries are not allowed in checked luggage. They must be in carry-on and in appropriate containers -- battery boxes, retail packaging or similar DIYed packaging. The only exception is batteries in devices, which are allowed in checked luggage.

Personally, I prefer to put everything but my big liquid stash in carry-on. That way they can investigate the thing that looks like a pipe-bomb while I wait and not hold up my luggage for 24 hours. You have to put the liquid you are carrying-on in the 1 litre baggie with your other liquids and gells, although I've missed putting my atty in there a couple of times and not been pulled up on it.

Caveat: I haven't done any US domestic flights, but I have done US international ones.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
In the US at least, most batteries are not allowed on the plane, unless you check it. This rule seems to be enforced only when it comes to pvs. Shrug.
I thought it was the other way around? If you are traveling with batteries, they have to be in your carryon?

VapeLater

May 24, 2015
Flying domestically, I keep everything in my carry-on. Juice bottles (15 or 30 ml) go in my ziploc, along with any liquid-filled tanks. Batteries should be kept in your carry-on as well - I believe regulations prohibit checking them, as several other people mentioned. For your own safety, make sure you carry any of your spare batteries in a plastic or silicon battery carrying case to eliminate the possibility of shorting against metal objects. I've flown through multiple airports in the US without any significant issues, they've only taken a close look at my vaping hardware once or twice and I've never been hassled about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread