Back Button to Unread Watched Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
On the old software, using the back button to get back to the "unread watched threads" page showed a refreshed copy of that page. This software does not.

It is extremely convenient for those with back buttons on their mouse.

If I go to a thread that only has a few posts (i.e. doesn't have additional pages) it used to be so nice to just hit the back button to a refreshed page that doesn't include the thread I just read.

Please, if you get time, look into a fix.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Part of the reason this software makes the website faster is because it caches a lot of stuff instead of doing queries to the database every time. I understand the need for this on a site as large and busy as this one.

I know it won't be as convenient as the mouse button, but I put a link on my bookmarks toolbar to take me straight to Unread Threads. This gives me a fresh copy every time.

Reactions: AndriaD

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
On the old software, using the back button to get back to the "unread watched threads" page showed a refreshed copy of that page. This software does not.

It is extremely convenient for those with back buttons on their mouse.

If I go to a thread that only has a few posts (i.e. doesn't have additional pages) it used to be so nice to just hit the back button to a refreshed page that doesn't include the thread I just read.

Please, if you get time, look into a fix.

Same if you go to alerts then the watched threads/forum OR surprisingly, if you post on a thread, even if your post is the only 'unwatched' post.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
42k to go!
proxy.php

and i'm still waiting for an answer to a question i posted days ago .....

are the lounge, classifieds etc posts included in the total post counts? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread