Beware, not all vape stores are created equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
When making my own juice, I use measuring equipment, such as syringes and graduated cylinders, not because I'm fearful of contamination or poisoning myself; but because I want consistency. I want each batch to be the same. For that reason, i don't 'eyeball' anything. I would think anyone making shop juice, which they are selling, would want the same consistency.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Out of the 5 vape shops in my area, I'll only go to 2 of them. The guys actually know their stuff. But even then, their prices are so high compared to what I pay online. I only go unless I need something on the spot, which is rare. Although I got me a nifty drip tip yesterday for my subtank.
And unfortunately those shops will probably be gone after regulations happen.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Reactions: KattMamma

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I don't understand. Syringe-big bottle-little bottle. I'd assume the calculations kinda get burned into memory after doing it thousands of times. You know that nicotine base can be pre-mixed, right?

Did he make it look too easy to be "correct"? Didn't put on his lab coat and gloves first to make it look "professional"? How would those things improve the vaping experience? Or is it just that the lack of those things causes some sort of mental duress due to preconceived notions of how it should be done?

Maybe a better idea if the guy had gone into a closet or somewhere out of view to mix it. That I can understand. I want my steak cooked and plated. If it tastes good I'm happy. I don't need to see the whole slaughtering, processing, preparing to be satisfied (though I might actually find that interesting to see once).

If you walk into a store and it's not up to your standards of cleanliness, how many regulations does it take to simply walk out?
Most shops I go to are using premix bottles. If they need a special room with surgical gloves to do this, perhaps your local bartender needs this as well when mixing your whiskey and coke.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
No but last time I looked at a luer lock needle you have to attach them by hand. Next.
Speaking from experience (as a paramedic), the needle is fixed to the syringe by holding the cover of the needle and twisting it onto the syringe, then the cap is removed. Those little buggers are hard to put on without holding onto the cap. In reality, each sharp should be used once and tossed...the package peeled back enough around the cap to put the end into the lock on the syringe and twisted onto the syringe and then remove the cap while holding onto the packing. The 'recapping' procedure (if done at all) is a royal pain, which is why things in healthcare get tossed right away. This, of course, is how you do it bouncing around in the back of a moving vehicle.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
The beard thing is pure media propaganda;

They found A type of bacteria also found in poop...doesn't mean its poop.

I would sample the back of your ears and probably find some even after a bath

On the subject...

I know my stuff,so in a 30ml 8 drops of sweetener 1.8ml of nic juice 1ml of flavoring and top with whatever you like--pg-vg/vg/pg-- shake,vape.

As for the luer lock tip,I can remove and replace that thing w/o touching it.

Reactions: SupplyDaddy
Since I started DIY, I haven't bought juice in a few weeks. I know what I'm putting in there, if it tastes bad, then I adjust to make it better the next time. I've found that I can only premium flavors for a little while, before they aren't as enjoyable to vape as they were at first. That being said, adding DIY to the repertoire, vaping has pretty much become self sustainable. I have my own wire, tools, and juice. I'll go to the shop to ask opinions on a juice, or get a drip tip or another mod, as I still like to support a local shop rather than a chinese E-bay seller.

That being said, there are only 2 shops around here are really knowledgeable that I'll go to. The third shop however is run by a bunch of people that don't really know what they are talking about, their juice is not the greatest, and their display cases are mostly just for class 1 vaper's, their juice is in the back, not in plain sight. They won't even help someone build a coil. It wasn't hard at all to make the decision to not go there anymore. Now if it was the only shop in your area, then maybe talking to the owner how to make it better would be better than not doing anything at all. I'll just stay away from them unless they are my last resort.

As far as the juice goes, I wear gloves, use a fresh sterilized bottle, syringe and needle tip if needed. I make it in my room, not a commercial kitchen, and nothing is going in there that I don't already know about. Is it overkill? Maybe, but when I sell a bottle of a flavor to my buddies now and then, it definitely puts their mind at ease, so I imagine there is a sort of mental block when it comes to something being un-sterilized.

Burn1ngChrome

Apr 17, 2015
If this was one of the regulations, eliquid manufacturing standards, coming across the board I would be all for it. Sorry but I think anything being sold to the public for human consumption should be regulated, I have seen way more then one vape shop operating in a similar manor to the one described here. A self regulatory board such as AEMSA | American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standards Association would be idea but I have my doubts that will happen. I personally can not think of anything that is specifically sold for human consumption that is not regulated, they even stepped in hard on the homemade/etsy type sellers to make sure they were following commercial regulations.
Youd be surprised. Having worked for years regulating dietary supplements, the .... they can get away with versus the restrictions on food and medicine, is ridiculous and its all thanks to orin hatch - scumbag us rep with his money invested in the dietary supplement industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread