Woodvils finish pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Didn't participate in this round but had many pleasant hours browsing the pics, Kudos to Rob.
Who scored [HASHTAG]#120[/HASHTAG] ?
all posts since the sale should be considered 'liked' (my like-finger would have become too worn out to fire my Reos ) and congrats to everyone who scored, enjoy !

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
A request, fellow 'nauts.

Can someone point me to the performance specs of these wonderful new woodies? Previous runs had (theoretical) limits on things like switch amp loads.

Not that I'm planning on pushing the envelope, really, but I've got a slaughter (term for a largish group) of atties that I run duals in at .3-.5ohms (so, up to 14amps). Don't wanna hurt the new babies.

(sorry if this has been discussed to death elsewhere - I've been away)
I believe the specs on this are the same (now) as a regular metal REO since it's all mechanical and using the same materials for the spring and positive contact, and the same 510 connection. The only thing that throttled the Woodvils before was the amp limit on the button and switches. Those are gone now.

I seem to be having a couple of "off" days with some of my posts, so I could be wrong here, too. LOL

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
:)
Didn't participate in this round but had many pleasant hours browsing the pics, Kudos to Rob.
Who scored [HASHTAG]#120[/HASHTAG] ?
all posts since the sale should be considered 'liked' (my like-finger would have become too worn out to fire my Reos ) and congrats to everyone who scored, enjoy !
Ditto on the likes...I tried to keep up but I gotta be able to vape too!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I believe the specs on this are the same (now) as a regular metal REO since it's all mechanical and using the same materials for the spring and positive contact, and the same 510 connection. The only thing that throttled the Woodvils before was the amp limit on the button and switches. Those are gone now.

I seem to be having a couple of "off" days with some of my posts, so I could be wrong here, too. LOL

Thanks, Jan.:thumbs:

So, the side fire button is either a mechanical lever system or a switch with such a high amp rating as to not matter?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
A request, fellow 'nauts.

Can someone point me to the performance specs of these wonderful new woodies? Previous runs had (theoretical) limits on things like switch amp loads.

Not that I'm planning on pushing the envelope, really, but I've got a slaughter (term for a largish group) of atties that I run duals in at .3-.5ohms (so, up to 14amps). Don't wanna hurt the new babies.

(sorry if this has been discussed to death elsewhere - I've been away)

I asked basically the same thing last night in the Reonauts FB group. Didn't really get a definite answer. I'm curious about the recommended low ohm limits. I generally run around .4 to .45 ohms in my metals. Just don't want to hurt anything in the new woodies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thanks, Jan.:thumbs:

So, the side fire button is either a mechanical lever system or a switch with such a high amp rating as to not matter?

It's just a mech level deal like on the current metal reos. I believe earlier in this thread someone posted pics of there new 2015 reo Woodville and it shows the insides.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I sent it to you, hopefully in large form, in a conversation. It wasn't doing right like before, so I couldn't use the url. But you can save it to your computer, and add it, I think.
Thank You
I grabbed each of them and tucked them into a file in the picture section.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It's just a mech level deal like on the current metal reos. I believe earlier in this thread someone posted pics of there new 2015 reo Woodville and it shows the insides.
Rob posted a maintenance video I. The Woodvil thread, and it's also in the Woodvil section of his site. He walks you through tearing one down and replacing the parts, etc. I'm not very good at links, but I'll try to go find it.

Reactions: Debadoo

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I asked basically the same thing last night in the Reonauts FB group. Didn't really get a definite answer. I'm curious about the recommended low ohm limits. I generally run around .4 to .45 ohms in my metals. Just don't want to hurt anything in the new woodies.

I asked Rob if my usual 0.35 ohm dual coils on my metal Reos would be ok on the mech Woodies and he replied that as long as the contacts are kept clean and treated (Naolox/Deoxit) it shouldn't be a problem.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Never believed anything could get me to quit. Was trying to figger out how to have a smoke and a coffee even after I was dead!
You crack me up, I guess I'm in the same boat ...
I live on caffeine, nicotine, and protein :hubba:
Congrates on the super 3 years of not supporting the big tobacco company's :thumb:

Bought my first REO on 05-09-11, just over 4 years and I have 2 nice ones coming. THANKS ROB !
THAT I can verify .. you snagged my 1st choice, so take care of that baby for me .. it was meant to be yours :blush:

Nope, not gonna do it. Not gonna do it.
I can't do it :confused: I have a card with a low limit that is used on the computer only.
It's now maxed out .... BUT .. I looking forward to having it paid off before Rob adds those last 30-40-woods to the site
It will be "party on" time again :w00t:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
the spring is still going to be your limiting factor of how low you can go, otherwise this should take whatever you throw at it

My limiting factor on my Grands seems to be the pushbutton. I melted one to where it stuck to the firing pin and a second one seems to be doing the same. I clean and dioxit my contacts weekly, and sometimes more often. My springs are always just fine.

Reactions: Debadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread