DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Instigator. :lol:

I'm a man of my word. I said I would, and I did. It just took a while...

And because I'm certain everyone gives a flying farg about it, the BOGO's are now officially BEGONE'O's.

Buh-bye, Smellies. Don't let the screen door hit'chya...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Not so bad, Aik, but thanks. Just poor for a klutz like me. Kat said that someone would probably want to mod them, and that's exactly what the guy who brought them said he might try to do. Smelly-Welly, DNA40-style. Heck - it'll probably be pretty sweet!

Just not for me. Same mod with a traditional battery cover though? I'd love it. I'm just glad they're going to a good home.

And out of mine. :D

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Regarding the Kanger Subox (aka KBox mini), I may have overlooked it but as of this date/time I can't seem to find any info on Kanger's website (much less anyone else's) regarding the 510 pin. An important feature for me is having a spring-loaded 510 pin (and the 510 connector should sit flush) or I no longer think twice about buying it. If it's not spring-loaded then that's a deal-breaker for me (regardless if the Subtank itself has a spring-loaded pin or not) since other tanks will obviously be used on it. Some comments on fasttech indicate it is a fixed pin (and that would be a major fail in my opinion) but I take that with a grain of salt. If it doesn't have a spring-loaded pin but has a reverse-threaded pin then I might consider it. I do remain optimistic/hopeful however.
For those interested, the 510 is fixed per reviewer MrPhatSlim (as stated in the comments section of his video):

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm sorry but a Provari Gun metal ZenKote Mini at $90 (with the MD10 code/sale) belongs FIRMLY in this thread today.

You might not be able to shower with it, but I'd bet almost anything it outlasts that Defender thing, which is almost $60 in its own right.

I've said my peace (or, "piece..." is probably more some people's opinion). :pervy:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The Heatvape Defender cost me under $30 at heaven gifts with a discount. Perhaps you're talking about the Heatvape Invader Mini - shock proof, etc. which is around $60. If so you're not the first one to mix them up. :- )

Sorry, Kent. Yes, you are correct that I mixed them up. I couldn't recall which was which, and I went with Defender because (get this) it looks like a Transformer.

D'oh! My bad, and I stand corrected. :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Sorry, Kent. Yes, you are correct that I mixed them up. I couldn't recall which was which, and I went with Defender because (get this) it looks like a Transformer.

D'oh! My bad, and I stand corrected. :)

No problem. Actually the Invader mini looks more like a transformer, with the rubberized 'shell' :- ) The Defender is my preferred vape in the internal batt type of small box mods.

Invader mini, Defender, istick30W

159762952.jpg

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I just added some mods to the ittybitty sheet. The Itty Bitty Mods Spreadsheet

I haven't read back to see if all of these have been mentioned, but some Temperature Control Mods that might be interesting are:
Dovpo 50w TC
EhPro 50w SPD A5 TC
Kamry 40w TC
Kangxin Mini VF Kx50D 50w TC
Simeiyue SMY 60 TC
and the Tesla 120 TC

have a happy Memorial Day Monday !

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
For those interested, the 510 is fixed per reviewer MrPhatSlim (as stated in the comments section of his video):

Thanks for confirming. That gets it crossed off my list. I hope Kanger offers the colored Subtanks separately.

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Thanks for confirming. That gets it crossed off my list. I hope Kanger offers the colored Subtanks separately.
I'm more interested in the tank as well, and I expect Kanger will offer it separately soon (if not, that would be disappointing too - just like the fixed 510 pin). Here is a good look at the tank:

Reactions: Kent C

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I'm sorry but a Provari Gun metal ZenKote Mini at $90 (with the MD10 code/sale) belongs FIRMLY in this thread today.

"2.9-6.0 variable voltage range with .1 volt increments"

It's 2015!!!

Who would ever even consider a regulated mod without Variable Wattage??? :shock:

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I was hoping it would be spring loaded as well.. this is a bummer! looks like just the right size for me.. I'll hold off until it's in more hands before dismissing though.

no interest in the tanks, especially after seeing the paint flaking off. I don't want to vape paint flakes!

Reactions: gerrymi

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Who would ever even consider a regulated mod without Variable Wattage??? :shock:

I would, I would!!
student_raising-waving-hand.gif

Still the best made thingy around, ya know.

Oh, and why do you need VW? Set VV to taste for a given build and juice. What more do you need?

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
a fairly new one to keep an eye on is Vape Crawler - that's a search engine. Very handy.

Found VapeCrawler mentioned in another thread.

I've been "keeping an eye on" the Heatvape Defender.

I searched it on VapeCrawler. It (quickly) came up with ALL the sites I have run across selling it...(with the correct current prices)...(and a few coupon codes that were new to me)...that are in my bookmarks folder.

vapeCrawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread