Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Would be more sound and much cheaper. Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against plastidipping but I know it would be rather expensive. Unless you are able to do it yourself and which case do what you will.
plasticdip sale in can also will cost about ringgit malaysia 60 to 80 not sure how much US cost. carbon fine look sticker cost about ringgit malaysia 20 for 1 meter by 1 meter, i can wrap many mod hahahaha…in fact i was thinking of doing that to my flask, get boring looking at it silver looking hahaha…

i'm so excited over this new beauty i register on the joyetech US online store, will get it online once it launch, ofcos that will cost more by purchase it locally, but that will wait for few months. Only worry for me will be the warranty issue. local tape shop may not want to help me if there's anything happen.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
plasticdip sale in can also will cost about ringgit malaysia 60 to 80 not sure how much US cost. carbon fine look sticker cost about ringgit malaysia 20 for 1 meter by 1 meter, i can wrap many mod hahahaha…in fact i was thinking of doing that to my flask, get boring looking at it silver looking hahaha…

i'm so excited over this new beauty i register on the joyetech US online store, will get it online once it launch, ofcos that will cost more by purchase it locally, but that will wait for few months. Only worry for me will be the warranty issue. local tape shop may not want to help me if there's anything happen.
Pretty much, I have a buddy whom has a startup business with plastidip. Now he does other work besides automotive dipping for a local headshop (i'll let your imagination connect the dots). Plus not to mention it would take alot of precision work which would up the cost for sure. But yeah if your rocking the patience of a saint then saving quite a bit of dough is definitely worth it.

Reactions: madrabbit

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Pretty much, I have a buddy whom has a startup business with plastidip. Now he does other work besides automotive dipping for a local headshop (i'll let your imagination connect the dots). Plus not to mention it would take alot of precision work which would up the cost for sure. But yeah if your rocking the patience of a saint then saving quite a bit of dough is definitely worth it.
agree.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Alternatives to plastidip, rhinoliner what they use on truck beds... Indestructible.
Cerakote which is a firearms paint, I have a mod (Futura by nexgen) that is Cerakote and it's fantastic. That coating feels like paint but is so very strong. The Cerakote needs to be baked on, so you'd have to remove the shell to do it, there's another paint only for firearms that's not quite as durable but I can't remember the name of it.

But I personally think the stock paint jobs are pretty cool. Honestly the orange/yellow/black version is the only reason I want one.

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Alternatives to plastidip, rhinoliner what they use on truck beds... Indestructible.
Cerakote which is a firearms paint, I have a mod (Futura by nexgen) that is Cerakote and it's fantastic. That coating feels like paint but is so very strong. The Cerakote needs to be baked on, so you'd have to remove the shell to do it, there's another paint only for firearms that's not quite as durable but I can't remember the name of it.

But I personally think the stock paint jobs are pretty cool. Honestly the orange/yellow/black version is the only reason I want one.

but if it have to take apart to do so i rather stick to the original color hahahaha….

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
To be a bit more serious, I have no problem with the racing stripe in the short term and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a huge seller and JWraps will have many different wraps available almost immediately. So I'll rock the racing stripe until I get a JWrap for it and just reminisce about my 67 Camaro days.

One thing I'm wondering about though is how easy it will be to remove the up/down rocker knob on top. I kind of hope it will just pop off like a stereo volume button so I can clean underneath it because I can already see I will need to clean it after running a few RDAs on it. Hopefully this will be as easy as pop the knob off, give the top plate a clean, and pop it back on. We'll see how it works out.

Reactions: madrabbit

madrabbit

Feb 11, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
To be a bit more serious, I have no problem with the racing stripe in the short term and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a huge seller and JWraps will have many different wraps available almost immediately. So I'll rock the racing stripe until I get a JWrap for it and just reminisce about my 67 Camaro days.

One thing I'm wondering about though is how easy it will be to remove the up/down rocker knob on top. I kind of hope it will just pop off like a stereo volume button so I can clean underneath it because I can already see I will need to clean it after running a few RDAs on it. Hopefully this will be as easy as pop the knob off, give the top plate a clean, and pop it back on. We'll see how it works out.
i will not recomman to pop up the top plate since it use LiPo battery hahaha….

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
i will not recomman to pop up the top plate since it use LiPo battery hahaha….

I guess I wasn't clear, sorry about that Mad. I just want to be able to pop the up/down button off... not disassemble the top plate. I can only imagine juice will get trapped under the knob and will need occasional cleaning.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I guess I wasn't clear, sorry about that Mad. I just want to be able to pop the up/down button off... not disassemble the top plate. I can only imagine juice will get trapped under the knob and will need occasional cleaning.

Ooh...good point! Never thought about that.
    I hope their testing included practically dunking that top plate in juice.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    I just had another Evolv 40 scramble on me, the SX mini is too expensive for a Chinese device and the IPV4 is a monster.
    Despite it's dubious aesthetics, this unit is ticking every single box as well as being made by a very reliable company - can't wait to get one.

Looking forward to the solid black color silicone skins that will also appear.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    I'm going to leave my silicone case off. The "racing yellow" is going to make me feel the need for speed! Boy it'll be like attaching flames to a minivan!!! Cuz we all know those drivers are always vying for a pole position :facepalm:. But seriously though that color is going to look schmexy :vapor:.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2015
    UK
    I'd like to see how this would pair with new subtanks - black one has red o rings :drool: anyone here with mad photoshop skills? :D

You did ask for ''mad'' ... aiming to please ;)

white_zpsrcrvs3bb.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread