Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom, I'm really dying for the regulated squonker, but have a serious case of shiney-itis right now and the prospect of getting the dual batt box next week has me hooked. Couple of questions if you will...

Dual batts in series or parallel? Its my understanding that one way will give a net output of 4.2v but double the mah, while the other will provide double the power with the run time of a single batt. So is it normal power, double run time, or usual run time at twice the power?

How are these protected from shorts? Fuse, hot spring, something else, nothing?

juice capacity? 6ml? 10ml? Would be great if it uses the same 10ml bottle that the E7's use, or if something else at least a bottle that is easy to find so we can get spares easily.

I should add that it would be nice to see some pix and generally learn more about this beast before making a decision. What we're heard so far sounds great, but there could be factors that sway people one way or the other. Hard to say without knowing all the specs.

I will have to see if there is any sort of protection between the positive and negative plates. 3-7-4.2 volts, 10ml bottle I think. I know it fit when I was planning to put a 350j board in it. I will try it with 2 batteries. Same bottle I use for my e7s and TMods. Pics when we get closer.

joecarroll42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Virginia
In light of recent developments I will make them until you are sick of them. I be live there is a list for the first 10-20 though.

Sweet! I will be selling my Reo to get one of these! Any idea what kinda price range we're looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
BTW- dug out my old Marquis clone yesterday just for kicks and was able to get a nice dual coil in there, FINALLY. I used 28g nichrome, for a net resistance of 0.7Ω. Also finally got it wicked correctly and I'm quite enjoying it on the Geyscano at 40 watts. This is the first atty that I feel delivers nearly as well as my beloved Apollo. It's not quite there yet but I'm sure if I spent enough time I could get it to sing just as well. The only thing that is a bit off putting is that it gets HOT with a little chain vaping. Felt the mod warming up considerably and got worried something was wrong with the chip, then i touched the atty and nearly burnt my finger. I guess its a testament to how much I was enjoying it.

Reminds me... My apollos arrived Thursday. I pray that Sloth or Jeffreyace never buy one of them. Very few attys make me struggle to coil the first time but this one sure did. I have sunglasses with bigger screws. If I stick with it I will re-thread them to m2. I made a peek insulator to stop the leaking throat but I just never got it to seat correctly, I stacked a pile of m2 o-rings and it works fine, zero leaks. Flavor is great but I figured out why. The shape of the chamber and the elevated wicks spattering are causing a slow flow of cooled juice mist to drip into your mouth. Amplifies the flavor. To verify use for 20 minutes, remove the tip and it will be dripping juice. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I'm actually using it at work right now but realize the amazing flavor isn't because it's a great atty it's because you are dripping juice on the roof of your mouth. I would imagine it would suck for some of the more aggressive juices or anything made by baker, ever. I'm using Bee's Knees from Art Of Juice, highly recommended. Menthol would be horrible in this.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Sweet! I will be selling my Reo to get one of these! Any idea what kinda price range we're looking at?

It's hard to say at this point but as it stands these will start of as a block of aluminum and end up similar to a flat square sqonk flask with a sx350j chip and no stupid plugs to fill your bottle, biggest fail of the squonk flask, that and it's like trying to hold a wet bar of soap.

Reactions: AllPepperS

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
It's hard to say at this point but as it stands these will start of as a block of aluminum and end up similar to a flat square sqonk flask with a sx350j chip and no stupid plugs to fill your bottle, biggest fail of the squonk flask, that and it's like trying to hold a wet bar of soap.
A textured jwrap solved the wet bar of soap problem. It does get old taking the cap off to fill the bottle though. Overall I like it and it will tide my over until I get my cam mod!

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
A textured jwrap solved the wet bar of soap problem. It does get old taking the cap off to fill the bottle though. Overall I like it and it will tide my over until I get my cam mod!
With a slightly larger bore for a 10ml bottle and a bigger Squonk hole I would still have 2 of them.

Reactions: strongdad

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Hmm. Interesting. I love my Apollo. One of the first authentic RDA s I bought and truly enjoyed. Reduced airflow and the concave on the top cap is what I thought made the flavor. I never built below .35 on it. Because when I put the first .18 build
On it. It got so hot I could have branded anyone sitting close to me After getting my builds perfected on it tho. It became my goto juice trying RDA Emit really builds a great product.

On the other side of this bro, I could not ever figure out how you would modify for BF. With that crappy bottom screw. Unless we went ghetto modding. And carved channels in the insulator. Lol.

As always. Interested in your work Dual battery mech. And regulated version. Almost time for you to build a website my brother No doubt

Reactions: inspects

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Any interest in the dual 18650 mech bottom feeder? Magnetic switch all copper and brass internals aluminum body. I just need to find a few bolts and tubing. The mech could ship this coming week. The 18650 350j box will be coming sooner than later but it is in the planning stage.

Can I vote to have all stainless steel for parts that will touch eliquid? Not sure if it is me or what but I can taste a difference on BF's that have brass or aluminum parts touching eliquid. Call me crazy but nothing can be better than 316 grade SS. Tough as nails and won't cause distaste.

Reactions: inspects

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Can I vote to have all stainless steel for parts that will touch eliquid? Not sure if it is me or what but I can taste a difference on BF's that have brass or aluminum parts touching eliquid. Call me crazy but nothing can be better than 316 grade SS. Tough as nails and won't cause distaste.
Not on the dual mech... The bus plates are huge and make up the top 1/3 of the device. The 510 pin will be stainless and the isolator is some type of delrin/peek but the actual shell of the 510 is brass. There should be less brass juice contact area than an older Reo.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Thanks Big-T, really enjoying your fantastic atty's...!

A website would be nice, you're hitting the bigtime my friend....it's getting a little confusing here, but nothing a Squonker can't figure out with a little digging through past replies.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Mmhmm. Reading 10 pages and skimming 20. Rather than just seeing what's in stock. Or placing a preorder My 2cents tho. I don't mean to offend. I know you have your way. And your reasoning for it Chowder. Just tough to keep up with traffic. As always. I enjoy your work. And you are always at the front lines of new product and making it work for us bottom feeding fanatics. Many appreciations there And we there you see it or not. Many thanks my brother. For everything you do. And all you give. Truly.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

TealStreetHooligan

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Please remove me from the marquis list... I'm sorry, but I stand with Rob. I do agree there are better options other than a REO now. But, myself and a lot of people on this forum owe it to Rob for showing us the great vaping experience of a bottom feeder. Him offering a new alternative to his customers shouldn't stampede on your business. If I recall correctly the Rogue atomizer is not owned by REOS mods or Catfish atty mods. You and Rob buy directly from the manufacturer. I would understand if there was a patent involved. Vaping doesn't need to become "turf wars". You lost me as a customer with your comments towards sloth. I'm sure most here will look the other way. They love your work. I can't blame them. But, your good work doesn't excuse your behavior. I work in customer service and attacking a paying customer is childish and inexcusable. CUSTOMERS GIVE YOU MONEY! I would be terminated from my employment if I said what you said to a paying customer. Apologizing for your temper tantrum rants only works so many times. Rob, is one of the nicest business owners I have ever encountered. I have never seen him respond to a customer the way you have. There are many vapers who don't use this forum. Maybe, you should open a website? It's convenient for a lot of vapers including my mother who can go to Rob's website and order atomizers. She is getting up there in age and doesn't have time to sit on a forum and get on a waiting list. You, don't have to agree with my opinion and I respect that. I wish you nothing but the best of luck with your business.

Reactions: muzichead

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
Dual 18650 CAM Mech Squonker

1. 73neb
2. Graywolf1911
3. Houndb
4. MFToms59
5. Magaro
6. hildicat
7. Nautilusfan
8. Papa_Lazarou
9. Lutses
10. RickCain
11. Magnetnerd

Damn a brother goes to sleep 5 mins before Tom's initial post "who's in for a twin 18650 squonker" and awakes to a list of 11! My understanding there were 10 body's so guess I'll have to sit this round out and wait for my SX350J [emoji6]

Shipping this week Tom said, that's fast and impressive - looking forward to seeing, may involve jumping on board if round no.2 goes ahead [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread