Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Anyone here dealt with evolv? I recently fried a new dna 40D board trying to put it in my Waidea flask. Emailed evolv and they said:

Hi Rich,

Send it in we'll take a look at a possible repair.

Please send your dna 40, the RMA form (attached), and a copy of your receipt to:

Evolv Returns
PO Box 1715
Ashtabula, OH 44005

Upon receipt, we'll repair/replace your dna and ship it back to you ASAP.

Thank You,
Steve
Evolv, Inc.
440-998-5697

You think they are going to charge me to repair/replace? Or no, they're going to hook me up.

Reactions: Tpat591

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
USORDF is O'Hare, Chicago. USJFKF is JFK, NY, USSFOF is San Francisco, CA.

It's basically the country and then airport code with an "F" added at the end, and those three listed above are the main US Customs ports of entry for air freight.
Thanks Croak! Maybe it's about to get out of customs & on its way.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Anyone here dealt with evolv? I recently fried a new DNA 40D board trying to put it in my Waidea flask. Emailed evolv and they said:

Hi Rich,

Please send your DNA 40, the RMA form (attached), and a copy of your receipt to:

Evolv Returns
PO Box 1715
Ashtabula, OH 44005

Upon receipt, we'll repair/replace your DNA and ship it back to you ASAP.

Thank You,
Steve
Evolv, Inc.
440-998-5697

You think they are going to charge me to repair/replace? Or no, they're going to hook me up.
I expect you to be smiling in the end, if it were me I would send the board only but send what you feel is best.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Anyone here dealt with evolv? I recently fried a new DNA 40D board trying to put it in my Waidea flask. Emailed evolv and they said:

Hi Rich,

Please send your DNA 40, the RMA form (attached), and a copy of your receipt to:

Evolv Returns
PO Box 1715
Ashtabula, OH 44005

Upon receipt, we'll repair/replace your DNA and ship it back to you ASAP.

Thank You,
Steve
Evolv, Inc.
440-998-5697

You need to take the board out. Evolv doesn't remove or install the chips into mods. They have been very good about replacing boards that were damaged due to end user installation error. That level of customer support surprises me. They charge $10 to replace the screen. Sometimes they will just send you a new chip if you managed to damage the electronics. They seem to like modders.
Good luck.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
You need to take the board out. Evolv doesn't remove or install the chips into mods. They have been very good about replacing boards that were damaged due to end user installation error. That level of customer support surprises me. They charge $10 to replace the screen. Sometimes they will just send you a new chip if you managed to damage the electronics. They seem to like modders.
Good luck.
Yea I just sent the board. There are four wires still connected to it, power and the atty wires, oops. Maybe I should of taken them off but oh well. I sent it Thursday. I'll be so grateful/happy if I come home to a new or even repaired DNA 40 in my mailbox :). This time in not gonna force the top plate down. Going to take my time and make sure I don't F**K this one up. I have some good silicone wire 18, 20, 22 awg coming from an online hobby store instead of using wire from an old microwave lol.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Yea I just sent the board. There are four wires still connected to it, power and the atty wires, oops. Maybe I should of taken them off but oh well. I sent it Thursday. I'll be so grateful/happy if I come home to a new or even repaired DNA 40 in my mailbox :). This time in not gonna force the top plate down. Going to take my time and make sure I don't F**K this one up. I have some good silicone wire 18, 20, 22 awg coming from an online hobby store instead of using wire from an old microwave lol.
You can expect to find a new board in your mail box but those four wires are history...LOL

Tronk72

May 5, 2015
Connecticut, U.S.A.
17Track is wonderful, could not live without it :)

And thankfully they understood the needs of their OCD users and implemented their site such that when you put the tracking numbers in and Submit it refreshes to a URL containing them. So you can then bookmark that URL and return to it any time to run the search immediately.

I have three packages on my Track17 bookmark right now.

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 12.51.58 AM.jpg

And I guess they also understand the needs of their intergalactic customers!
Vape long and prosper!

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I wonder what I can do with this Rayn V4 board. It still works, I sucked all the solder off it so it could be used in something else. That little board that the batteries connect to that was in the flask is for reverse polarity protection/ battery balancing? I don't think I'll need that. What would you put a ChiNA40 in? IMG_20150525_131653-1.jpg

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Been following this thread for a while but think have got lost somewhere :)

Would I be right in thinking the general consensus is the infinite board is as good if not better than the evolv

If so .... is the 60w VF's on fasttech the infinite ones

Did I read too that there is a fasttech Zero Modz using the infinite board too

With pay day just round the corner would be nice to get both in my collection

Thanks for any help straightening me out here

diceman1000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Belleville, KS
I wonder what I can do with this Rayn V4 board. It still works, I sucked all the solder off it so it could be used in something else. That little board that the batteries connect to that was in the flask is for reverse polarity protection/ battery balancing? I don't think I'll need that. What would you put a ChiNA40 in? View attachment 459267
I've got a dead Canamodz DNA 30 that I'd love to put one in

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Been following this thread for a while but think have got lost somewhere :)

Would I be right in thinking the general consensus is the infinite board is as good if not better than the evolv

If so .... is the 60w VF's on fasttech the infinite ones

Did I read too that there is a fasttech Zero Modz using the infinite board too

With pay day just round the corner would be nice to get both in my collection

Thanks for any help straightening me out here

I still don't have a genuine DNA 40. But I do have a 50W Infinite flask (identical to the 60W besides the 10W difference), and I can say that it's awesome, much preferable to my Waidea 40W flask (Kangxin chip), and that I can't really see any major benefits the Evolv DNA 40 could have over it.

Maybe pre-heat? The Infinite doesn't have that. But then I hear people complaining about that so I don't even know if that's a good thing.

And Atty Lock - that's the only thing that I've heard the (newest) DNA 40 has that this Infinite does not. That would be nice to have, but by no means is it essential. And I'd not exchange Atty Lock for the benefits that the Infinite has:

The Infinite board has the following advantages over the genuine DNA 40, and most other DNA 40 clones:
  • The extra watts, up to 60 (so far! I would put money on 70W coming before too long ;) )
  • Lower minimum resistance - 0.06 vs 0.10 (I believe the genuine will technically go below 0.1, but only by reducing power; it doesn't have full support)
  • Nickel Purity - allows adjustment of the Coefficient of Resistance so that you can vape easily with Titanium, Stainless Steel and other future non-Nickel wires
    • A huge benefit in my view because Titanium is preferable to NIckel in quite a few ways (I only started using it last night so some of this comment is based on what others tell me, but my first impressions were also good)
    • See my post a couple of pages back for a preview of what this does and why it's cool - I am in the process of writing up a fuller account with testing which will be posted tonight sometime.
  • Live resistance display - see the resistance of the coil as well as its (estimated) temperature. A nice touch, useful for trouble shooting, especially with Nickel Purity
Versus other clones (eg Kangxin/Waidea), it also benefits from °C temps in addition to F, and a slightly larger screen with clearer font/layout. And unlike the Kangxin/Waidea clones, it does not require double-tap to fire from sleep, and it has a working persistent lock

Yes the 60W flasks on FT are the Infinite, and that's where I got my 50W.

Yes there's a bunch of Zero clones out using the same chip/board - first there was the Geeco, and now there's a bunch of "Zero clone v2" appearing on FT. All using the same Infinite chip. (See this thread for more discussion on all the new Zeroes: Geeco 60w Temp Control Zero clone) And there's also a new round of VS rDNA 40 clones @60w.

I can highly recommend getting a mod with this new chip - choose which form factor suits you. Me I like the flask and I like dual battery. That said those Zero mods are very sexy, especially the new resin/acrylic finish, and I'm really having to hold myself back from buying one :) (I don't know why anyone would buy a VS rDNA with screen on the bottom, but apparently people do ;) )

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Those of you with black Waidea flasks tired of dealing with fingerprints and smears, I've been using this stuff on mine for the last couple weeks with excellent results:

Amazon.com - Polishing Creme For All Metals, French Lavender 2oz(57g) - Multipurpose Metal Polish

Shines the brass battery caps great, to a mirror finish (I've also taken my buttons down to the brass and they gleam as well now). But it also does a great job on the brushed finish of the body, bringing it to a nice gloss that resists fingerprints and juice and lasts for several days of heavy usage. A little dab will do you, just rub in with a cloth, and then rub off with another. Brass bits will take a bit more time, until the cloth stops showing black oxidation coming off, but even that is like a few seconds of vigorous rubbing at most. I've gotten into the habit of hitting my flask with a dab of this stuff every couple days, and then just using a microfiber cloth to wipe it down now and then between applications.

Best of all, there's no smell like with Brasso or other polishes. Also works a treat on stainless atomizers, etc. And, it doesn't make it slippery.

Thorpapa

May 19, 2015
Hungary, Budapest
I wonder what I can do with this Rayn V4 board. It still works, I sucked all the solder off it so it could be used in something else. That little board that the batteries connect to that was in the flask is for reverse polarity protection/ battery balancing? I don't think I'll need that. What would you put a ChiNA40 in? View attachment 459267

Can you take a picture from the other side of the board? :)

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
I still don't have a genuine DNA 40. But I do have a 50W Infinite flask (identical to the 60W besides the 10W difference), and I can say that it's awesome, much preferable to my Waidea 40W flask (Kangxin chip), and that I can't really see any major benefits the Evolv DNA 40 could have over it.

Maybe pre-heat? The Infinite doesn't have that. But then I hear people complaining about that so I don't even know if that's a good thing.

And Atty Lock - that's the only thing that I've heard the (newest) DNA 40 has that this Infinite does not. That would be nice to have, but by no means is it essential. And I'd not exchange Atty Lock for the benefits that the Infinite has:

The Infinite board has the following advantages over the genuine DNA 40, and most other DNA 40 clones:
  • The extra watts, up to 60 (so far! I would put money on 70W coming before too long ;) )
  • Lower minimum resistance - 0.06 vs 0.10 (I believe the genuine will technically go below 0.1, but only by reducing power; it doesn't have full support)
  • Nickel Purity - allows adjustment of the Coefficient of Resistance so that you can vape easily with Titanium, Stainless Steel and other future non-Nickel wires
    • A huge benefit in my view because Titanium is preferable to NIckel in quite a few ways (I only started using it last night so some of this comment is based on what others tell me, but my first impressions were also good)
    • See my post a couple of pages back for a preview of what this does and why it's cool - I am in the process of writing up a fuller account with testing which will be posted tonight sometime.
  • Live resistance display - see the resistance of the coil as well as its (estimated) temperature. A nice touch, useful for trouble shooting, especially with Nickel Purity
Versus other clones (eg Kangxin/Waidea), it also benefits from °C temps in addition to F, and a slightly larger screen with clearer font/layout. And unlike the Kangxin/Waidea clones, it does not require double-tap to fire from sleep, and it has a working persistent lock

Yes the 60W flasks on FT are the Infinite, and that's where I got my 50W.

Yes there's a bunch of Zero clones out using the same chip/board - first there was the Geeco, and now there's a bunch of "Zero clone v2" appearing on FT. All using the same Infinite chip. (See this thread for more discussion on all the new Zeroes: Geeco 60w Temp Control Zero clone) And there's also a new round of VS rDNA 40 clones @60w.

I can highly recommend getting a mod with this new chip - choose which form factor suits you. Me I like the flask and I like dual battery. That said those Zero mods are very sexy, especially the new resin/acrylic finish, and I'm really having to hold myself back from buying one :) (I don't know why anyone would buy a VS rDNA with screen on the bottom, but apparently people do ;) )

Nice one thanks

Will get both the 60w VF & Zero on order Friday .... Cheers

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I don't know why anyone would buy a VS rDNA with screen on the bottom, but apparently people do ;) )

I ordered the VS. I like small mods, and the VS is the only thing that comes close to my Cloupor mini in size. The Kangxin mini is quite small, but it's huge in comparison to the Cloupor. A side mounted screen is difficult enough to see while in use, and unless you're testing settings there's not really a need to see the screen, so I see no huge problem with the screen being at the bottom. Also, changing batteries on the go will be much easier than on the Flask and the Zero.

Reactions: TheBloke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread