Battery advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

carwx

Jan 8, 2015
Eastern NC
This may not be the correct forum to post this in. I have recently been gifted a Kanger SubTank, and am confused about what battery to use. I currently have a Evod 650 mah, Spinner 1300 mah, and EMOW 1600 mah. I don't particularly want to go with a mod. I've done reading, and all I'm getting is that "your battery needs to do such and such" or "make sure your battery can handle so and so." Will any of my batteries be able to do sub ohm? Are there any non-mod batteries that can?

Please excuse my ignorance if I'm asking the wrong questions or using the wrong terminology.

Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
This may not be the correct forum to post this in. I have recently been gifted a Kanger SubTank, and am confused about what battery to use. I currently have a Evod 650 mah, Spinner 1300 mah, and EMOW 1600 mah. I don't particularly want to go with a mod. I've done reading, and all I'm getting is that "your battery needs to do such and such" or "make sure your battery can handle so and so." Will any of my batteries be able to do sub ohm? Are there any non-mod batteries that can?

Please excuse my ignorance if I'm asking the wrong questions or using the wrong terminology.

Hi---Your battery has to be able to fire below 1.0 ohms--and these batterys you are talking about don't fire that low---because----they have a protection circuit that prevents them from
going that low.
If you search online for info on sub ohm batteries it will tell you how low the battery
will fire to. Most sub ohm batteries will go down to .30
If you try firing at sub ohm with your batteries the little lite inder the fire button will
flash and nothing will happen.
I went and looked at your EMOW online and it comes with a 1.8 and higher atomizer as a kit and so it will not fire your sub ohm tanks

Last edited:

carwx

Jan 8, 2015
Eastern NC
Thanks trucker. I had unknowingly used a .8 atty on one of my batteries a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I understand now that none of my batteries will fire that low.

I guess I asked my question wrong. I understand my battery has to fire below 1.0 ohm, and I've been searching for a week on batteries that will do that, but all I'm getting are the box mods. Is there a battery that isn't a mod (pen style?) that will go that low?

Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Like the last post from cckayne the Aspire 18650 CF Mod for sub -ohm---------is your best bet----as I have one of these and it is great--had it 3

months now and am very happy---I have a Eleaf istick 50 watt box mod and this is also great for sub ohm use.

Other than a box mod or a 18650 tube style mod I can't think of any other styles of equipment that are available for sub ohm use.

Hope this helps a little-----you can also call your local vape shop and ask questions about this matter.

keep on vaping-----thetrucker

Reactions: anjelvape77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread