Provari, the ax has come for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I actually backed away from the thread until I just read sarcasm towards people who don't find the value. Interesting how only the unpopular side of the argument ITT is supposed to drop it.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
Hear hear.
These threads always devolve into the same thing....a few die hard provari fans tossing snarky comments at anyone who dares bring up a perceived fault/detriment (often the same few), and then cry foul if you dare reply in kind

Reactions: tj99959

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Run a poll on what most people are buying today and let's see where the ProVari sits compared to other devices in the price range. Everywhere I look, I'm seeing SX Mini's. Most websites and shops can't even keep them in stock.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
Really?

There are about 5 for sale in the Classifieds here right now.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I got a cool one, it was 8 pm on Christmas eve, and I had a question, wasn't even what I would consider worth answering. I wasn't even counting on a reply at all. 9 pm I had an answer even a couple of follow up chats, never once did they take the tone I was annoying them.

I already had a previously good experience when I upgraded the chip to 2.0.

This cemented my permanent respect for provape. To take the freaking time to answer a nonsensical email 3 hours before Christmas ( e.s.t), just wow
But it was 6 hours before christmas. That leaves 10 to 11 hours to wrap gifts and sneak them under the tree.

I'd expect no less. [emoji14]

Tapatyped

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Really?

There are about 5 for sale in the Classifieds here right now.

...and somewhat validated too (here). As stated, I like mine but am far from in love. I've had more issues with my one SX Mini, in just a few months, than I've had with all of my Provaris combined (most of which are 2.5 years older or more).
  • The screen has frozen on me many times, which is but a small annoyance (remove & replace battery to resolve), but not a great indication for the future.
  • It's easy to mistakenly switch modes (Soft, Standard, Powerful) and end up in a place you didn't think you were, nor that you wished to be.
  • I need my glasses to read everything but the wattage (strictly a personal issue).
  • My S class is heavier than most of my other mods, and the M class is just stupid-heavy.
  • The gyroscope control thing is (highly subjective >) downright idiotic.
Again, I like it and will likely keep it. But I'm not sure the word "likely" should be part of a mod that I've had but a few months. Do I regret purchasing it? Absolutely not. But I also don't see a huge difference between it and my $50 IPV Mini, which I actually almost prefer to the SX at certain times.

The only times I've ever sold a Provi was when one was being replaced with another Provi. I can't say with confidence that the same will hold true with my SXM.

Everything stated here is nothing more than one person's opinion, but I won't lie; the thought to sell now (while the mod is still "hot") has definitely crossed my mind.

Time will tell...

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
These 29 roses cost more than my recent ProVari purchase. They and my ProVari were worth every penny. Priceless, both of them...

142ate1.jpg
I buy mine one at a time.

[HASHTAG]#ihatestevensinger[/HASHTAG]

Tapatyped

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Yes there are some Provaris in the classies but before I consider getting my first Provari, could someone please explain the difference between the mini 2.5 and the Classic!!!!! I see a comparison between the V3 and Classic but not the 2.5.
And is there a difference in the display color? I see people posting that it has a blue display! Is that important?
Sorry for the questions but this seems to be the thread with the Prov Provari owners!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes there are some Provaris in the classies but before I consider getting my first Provari, could someone please explain the difference between the mini 2.5 and the Classic!!!!! I see a comparison between the V3 and Classic but not the 2.5.
And is there a difference in the display color? I see people posting that it has a blue display! Is that important?
Sorry for the questions but this seems to be the thread with the Prov Provari owners!
The 2.5 has a tapered top cap and older style menu. The classic has a flat top and newer (scrolling OLED) menu. The performance between the two is identical.

Both are great. The 2.5 will save you a considerable amount of money (if that's an issue).

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Times have changed Fast A year ago a Provari was in much more demand than today. Today it is still the quality piece it was, but there is so much competition. Now for under 70 bucks there are hundreds of VW devices on the market.
People don't want to spend the money on quality made PV's, they want the latest and greatest from China for cheep.
I was just at the Reo site and all most 2 days after the start of the latest woodvil sale there are 131 still available.
A year ago they would have sold out in an hour. The Hana mod was all but imposable to get your hands on when it came out, now they have lowered the price by 100 to try and stay competitive. All the premium PV company like Hana, Zen, Vapor Shark, Reo, Provari they have to compete in this new market, or be gone. it's really a sad state of affairs but it's reality today :(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So the 2.5 with a tapered top would require a beauty ring for my tanks to sit flush and the classic would not? I have seen some pictures and I do want my tanks to sit flush without a gap!
And thanks for the response!

My pleasure. And if your tanks are 22mm (width), then yes - you'd need a ring. The Provape rings are great (my personal favorites). This a shot I took last night, with a ring and a 19mm tank. The 19mm ones sit nicely on the tapered top.

20150524_222647 (Large).jpg

But displays other than red used to cost a premium. Not sure if that still holds true.

Tapatyped

Lately they've been free upgrades. The one I bought yesterday was still that way. Subject to change, of course.

Times have changed Fast A year ago a Provari was in much more demand than today. Today it is still the quality piece it was, but there is so much competition. Now for under 70 bucks there are hundreds of VW devices on the market.
People don't want to spend the money on quality made PV's, they want the latest and greatest from China for cheep.
I was just at the Reo site and all most 2 days after the start of the latest woodvil sale there are 131 still available.
A year ago they would have sold out in an hour. The Hana mod was all but imposable to get your hands on when it came out, now they have lowered the price by 100 to try and stay competitive. All the premium PV company like Hana, Zen, Vapor Shark, Reo, Provari they have to compete in this new market, or be gone. it's really a sad state of affairs but it's reality today :(

In some ways, yes, but as consumers competition normally plays to our favor. Put it this way, I've no complaints about the reduced prices it's resulting in.

Now if I were a seller, I'd surely feel differently.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
hu·mor
ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
noun
noun: humour
  1. 1.
    the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.
LMAO! Thanks for the definition. As there were no smilies in your post & all that there I didn't know you were being funny.

Reactions: The Ocelot

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
If I had to compare any off the shelf "current" mod to the provari, it'd be the sx mini. Seems solid and well engineered. I liked mine enough to get another. The 2nd one was DOA. Vapinart exchanged it for another that started acting up after 1 week. I sent it back and applied the credit towards a vapor flask. The sx is about the same price as a new provari.
So, I still dont think its a good comparison unless you're part of the minority that needs more than 20w.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
but I won't lie; the thought to sell now (while the mod is still "hot") has definitely crossed my mind.

I will give you all 50 of the dollars it is actually worth right now! :lol: (This is a joke, I do not want it and am not doing business outside of you know where)

I had 2 metal Reos for a long time, they worked and I used them daily. They were ugly and uncomfortable, the Woodvilles I thought fit that same mold. The market for beautiful wood mechanical squonkers is quite competitive. Squonkers have exploded in popularity and availability. What Reo has over it's competition is support after the sale. Still not for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread