Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
It's easy peasy aik! If I can learn this stuff, anyone can [emoji6] You and chooch need to go for it. The RM2 is what I started on and it's a good solid little atty. has a ceramic deck for extra protection from shorts with coils. There is likely some Woodvils still on the sight. I can't go look...don't need to go all weak and buy another [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62
RM2 ain't bad..It's tiny..and has to be drilled for us Lungers though..That's why I said the RM4...It has options. ;)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Not sure about that place to get them, mine came in a coop, but it's what I have. They're nice, a magnet holds the tips into the longer handle section.

Here's a better place to see a video.
Universal Tools Coil Jig | Lightning Vapes

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
There were a couple of woodvils in the classies. The full size with trippy tip was an awesome deal and that has sold. I gotta admit, seeing the woods was impressive. The metals, even in purple don't compare. It's worth the extra for wood IMO.

Are they comfortable to carry around, like in a purse? That's my other hang up.

I've got one of the coiling sticks with different sizes on it. I sorta knew that eventually I was going to have to bite the bullet. Procrastination is my biggie. I'd put off coiling until I was stuck and would grab a smoke instead. I just know me. I'm always late.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I checked out the woodvils but since I have never even tried a reo I thought I better not lol, better get a used one first to see if I like squonking
Hey Sparkle..Well the thing is,..you're still going to pay for a used one the same as a new one..Reason being,..like a Harley they hold their value and people dress them up and stuff..You would be better off just going to the site and get one,..and if you don't like i,..t it will resale pretty quick if it's just a plain Jane black wrinkle or something.

Aika they are about the size of your credit card hon..lol

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
There were a couple of woodvils in the classies. The full size with trippy tip was an awesome deal and that has sold. I gotta admit, seeing the woods was impressive. The metals, even in purple don't compare. It's worth the extra for wood IMO.

Are they comfortable to carry around, like in a purse? That's my other hang up.

I've got one of the coiling sticks with different sizes on it. I sorta knew that eventually I was going to have to bite the bullet. Procrastination is my biggie. I'd put off coiling until I was stuck and would grab a smoke instead. I just know me. I'm always late.

I carry them in my purse. I always have at least three mods in my purse. LOL I have a silk insert so each has it's own pocket[emoji6] The wood feels nice in the hand as well. And the Woodvils as all REOs have a locking mechanism in the button.

Mommabird62

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Good morning all! Hope y'all have a blessed and safe Memorial day.

3376fc6a35c9c0cb4dec7cdda07c63f6.jpg

Mommabird62

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
G'Moring all! :) Hope you day is relaxing with fond memories.

As a teenager, would go to a Fleet Reserve picnic held on the Ft Lauderdale beach since both grandfather, father and great uncle belonged. Lots of good food (Grandma would start her famous coleslaw the day before in huge containers as their contribution.), all the kids (lots) would swim although still a bit chilly by Lauderdale standards, the guys would drink beer while cooking the meat, the wemins would set the tables and lay out the foods everyone made and brought and caught up on all the gossip. During that time there was only the Fleet Reserve for any kind of support for veteran sailors. Also at that time grandpa worked out of Port Everglades. He worked on submarine repair and retro fitting. Dad was going to school under G.I. Bill and working part time.

The average house was 1400 sq. ft. Our very first home was 1100 and we thought it was a palace!!! Dad was around ALL the time instead of gone for 9-10 months out of the year......There were times tho when his 20 yrs of navy training was hard to take and we kids wanted him back on the carrier! Mom said it took about 5 yrs. for him to mellow out, but I was gone by then. He kept his dress blues hanging in the closet for the longest. Adjustments to civilian life for everyone, and what is this staying in one spot for more than a couple of yrs? Ha!

All the men in my family of that generation and earlier are gone now. They didn't whine, never heard their war stories, they were silient and just got on with it the best they knew how. They grew up like the rest of us did on farms or cities, went to school, went thru some hard times (depression) and good times after WWII; however, there were a lot of veterans to absorb back in the civilian community. Perhaps because such a huge number were in uniform during the war, Memorial Day had a much greater meaning to them and their families for the years afterward. Be sure to take your flag down at sunset! :)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
G'Moring all! :) Hope you day is relaxing with fond memories.

As a teenager, would go to a Fleet Reserve picnic held on the Ft Lauderdale beach since both grandfather, father and great uncle belonged. Lots of good food (Grandma would start her famous coleslaw the day before in huge containers as their contribution.), all the kids (lots) would swim although still a bit chilly by Lauderdale standards, the guys would drink beer while cooking the meat, the wemins would set the tables and lay out the foods everyone made and brought and caught up on all the gossip. During that time there was only the Fleet Reserve for any kind of support for veteran sailors. Also at that time grandpa worked out of Port Everglades. He worked on submarine repair and retro fitting. Dad was going to school under G.I. Bill and working part time.

The average house was 1400 sq. ft. Our very first home was 1100 and we thought it was a palace!!! Dad was around ALL the time instead of gone for 9-10 months out of the year......There were times tho when his 20 yrs of navy training was hard to take and we kids wanted him back on the carrier! Mom said it took about 5 yrs. for him to mellow out, but I was gone by then. He kept his dress blues hanging in the closet for the longest. Adjustments to civilian life for everyone, and what is this staying in one spot for more than a couple of yrs? Ha!

All the men in my family of that generation and earlier are gone now. They didn't whine, never heard their war stories, they were silient and just got on with it the best they knew how. They grew up like the rest of us did on farms or cities, went to school, went thru some hard times (depression) and good times after WWII; however, there were a lot of veterans to absorb back in the civilian community. Perhaps because such a huge number were in uniform during the war, Memorial Day had a much greater meaning to them and their families for the years afterward. Be sure to take your flag down at sunset! :)
^^^ Brought tears Chooch..Thank you hon!

MemorialDay.jpg

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Enjoy your Memorial Day Mountaineers,..and reflect on this. The freedoms this country has were not bought and paid for by the politicians,...the news media,..or the citizens of this country,..but by the soldiers who put their lives on the line for us,..their countrymen...Remember to thank a Veteran whenever possible.
Thanks
~Rick Taylor

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Thanks, Sirius. :) I wish I knew 55 years ago........heck, 40 years ago.......what I know now. I probably would have understood better. Believe during and after Vietnam, our children were not taught the life of our warriors and families and all it entailed. So few were affected. How else could they know without being taught? We have less than 1% serving now even at the height of our mid east wars. All that weight on their shoulders! How do they do it?! :(

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Amen to that! Was brought up to respect the Flag and our soldiers. My dad, brother and FIL were soldiers and many before them.

I always try to tell any I come across how much they are appreciated[emoji4][emoji631]

Mommabird62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread