Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
di·a·lect

a regional variety of language distinguished by features of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation from other regional varieties and constituting together with them a single language
Dialect | Definition of dialect by Merriam-Webster

Dialect isn't limited to vocabulary. Your pronunciation is a result of your location, not from learning English secondary. Technically, Australian, cockney, British.....are all dialects of the English language, where French and Spanish people (for example, can insert any nationality) are speaking with accent.
Argentines speak dialect, completely different from Mexican or Central American... Dialects here too...

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I messed up too with celebratory wishes. Happy Birthday to those and Happy Anniversary to others. Most important, I wish you all many more!
Happy Happy everyone!

May 23rd, 1 year from my heart attack, I've been vaping almost exclusively since then. Before that was on and off since 2009

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I was at the beach yesterday with only my phone when I read this post with 2buildawall's mom's pics. Oh, I love this woman!!!! I want to BE her when I finish growing up!
The pics gave me such a smile, what an inspiration!
Thanks for posting them, 2buildawall, and give her a hug from me! :thumbs::thumbs:
Hang on to your "PUFFER" Mama, you are going places!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Be It Said With An Accent or a Dialect - Today in the USA is for Remembrance & Special Celebration . . .

memorial-day.jpg

cyberscooty-memorial-day.png

7.gif

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
If you are from the South, you probably speak with what is popularly called a Southern accent. Your dialect will depend on what region of the South you are from. From Cajun and Creole in LA to Appalacian in Eastern Kentucky to the Gulf Southern dialect of Alabama and GA. There are many more Southern dialects but they are known collectively as a Southern accent. :)
In the south it's commonly called a "hot" water heater :)

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
May 23rd, 1 year from my heart attack, I've been vaping almost exclusively since then. Before that was on and off since 2009
That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Not that you had a heart attack of course...... but that you survived, and I hope are better than ever!!! And........ a year off the stinkies!! All the milestones are great, but I think that first year is the best one!!!

Thanks to all for the wonderful wishes!! Kat yur too cute!!

DP love that wrap on the BB, would really love to see a full pic of it.

2build.......forgot to say the other day....... Loved those pics of your mama!!!

Got my alarm set Memorial Day, 3pm. Don't Forget. - Forbes

memorial day taps, headstones, caisson, they gave their tomorrows for our todays.jpg

Memorial day wheelchair vet touching VN wall, reflection of others.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If you are from the South, you probably speak with what is popularly called a Southern accent. Your dialect will depend on what region of the South you are from. From Cajun and Creole in LA to Appalacian in Eastern Kentucky to the Gulf Southern dialect of Alabama and GA. There are many more Southern dialects but they are known collectively as a Southern accent. :)
In the south it's commonly called a "hot" water heater :)

YES! I always called it that... until I realized that hot water has no need of heating. :D

Actually, here in N. GA, it's more like appalachian, more of a "hillbilly" accent than it is further south -- we say our R's quite clearly, unlike S. GA, 'Bama, and the VA Tidewater accent. Lots of Irish and Scots emigrated (or were transported!) here, hence the hard R's.

There's an accent quirk in England I've always thought hilarious; they don't say R's AT ALL... unless there's a schwa sound (uhh or ahh) at the end of a word -- such as my own name! -- they'd pronounce it "AHN-dree-er" instead of "ANN-dree-uh". Never could understand that; obviously they're not unable to say R's, they stick 'em on the end of so many words... but they act like they're not even there, where they actually appear. :confused:

Andria

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks Deb. That wrap is "orion" from Vaporskinz. We switch them around fairly often, but these at keepers (for a while, at least). It's quite the colorful little bugger - goes with everything. :lol:

2015-04-04 (Large).jpg

I have no idea exactly what I tawk like, but I could really go for a cup of cawfee right about now.
(These things I am told)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thanks Deb. That wrap is "Orion" from Vaporskinz. We switch them around fairly often, but these at keepers (for a while, at least). It's quite the colorful little bugger - goes with everything. :lol:

View attachment 459254

I have no idea exactly what I tawk like, but I could really go for a cup of cawfee right about now.
(These things I am told)
Those look great DP....You sound like you speak Texan :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thanks, Bike. I might (Idunno). I think I talk normal but...

SOME say that I do not. I guess, like much of what we do here in Vapeworld, it's all a matter of opinion. Ya? :)
Yep. I speak with a Southern drawl to different degrees, depending on who I'm around. But sometimes I speak standard, unflavored American English (when doing business or addressing a group, some job interviews, and sometimes around people who consider it unintellectual to speak in a normal untrained manner) I use the common pronunciation and grammar that I was raised with otherwise.
I need to find me some wraps for my mods. :) I gotta mix up some more juice til my MEM Day stuff gets here. I ain't goin without juice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread