I am a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceOB

May 20, 2015
Hi Vannie im right there with you. I started smoking when I was younger, but quit when I was 21. A couple of years ago I started up again and couldnt shake the habit. About four weeks ago I finished my last cig and it tasted like garbage. I started vaping four weeks ago at the same time. I started at 3ML of nicotine and never felt better. I havent touched or had the thought of a cig since then. I feel 100 times better. A friend of mine set me up with a mod and tank. I bought some juice to go along with it. Just last week I upgraded to a new mod with our wattage. Good luck to you on quitting. I know it will be tough, but you need the will power. Four weeks later im now looking at adding another mod and tank.

Reactions: Vannie

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Hello madangus, and thank you! This is a great place to be. I have enjoyed every second I have been here. So many helpful people hanging around here. I started with 12 mg of nicotine. My guess is that I will figure out when to lessen, as I go along. I do eventually want to be at 0, but don't plan to be there in a matter of days. It took a while to become addicted to smoking, so I know I will have to give it time to go away. Have you completely quit smoking cigarettes? I am soooo eager to never touch one again. The more I read, the easier it seems. I am glad you have found this place, to help you out. I feel lucky to have reached this site :)

After a week of the 18mg i switched to the 12 and i think pretty quickly it was vape only... Maybe a week? Not that it's a race, i think it was the flavour that did it for me. It had gotten really rare that i liked the taste of my camels, always had to have some beverage. I think early on when i used the vape in the morning without anything to drink and liked it, that really made it click for me :)

I have a month or 2 more of 12, plan to do 2 or 3 months of 9'and have a bunch of 6mg i am storing in the closet, prob 4 months worth. After that i will do 3 at least for a few months maybe more... I'm just loving the vape right now so not super worried about switching to 0 or ending for the foreseeable future at least

Reactions: Vannie

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
After a week of the 18mg i switched to the 12 and i think pretty quickly it was vape only... Maybe a week? Not that it's a race, i think it was the flavour that did it for me. It had gotten really rare that i liked the taste of my camels, always had to have some beverage. I think early on when i used the vape in the morning without anything to drink and liked it, that really made it click for me :)

I have a month or 2 more of 12, plan to do 2 or 3 months of 9'and have a bunch of 6mg i am storing in the closet, prob 4 months worth. After that i will do 3 at least for a few months maybe more... I'm just loving the vape right now so not super worried about switching to 0 or ending for the foreseeable future at least
I am really starting to be sickened over my cigarettes. I have been vaping a lot more since I came here, and started feeling more comfortable with vaping. I have only been continuously vaping since Tuesday or Wednesday, and I already despise the smell. I have been smoking a lot less, and have to wash my hands immediately after smoking. I always knew it stunk, but I never noticed just how really bad. I seem to be having the most trouble, with the first morning cigarette. I don't know what it is about that one, but its grip is tight. I have been able to easily switch to vaping after eating though. That was the one I was worried most about, but has proven to be so much easier than I could have imagined. I just got some new flavors today, and went with the 12 mg again. I think I will try lower on my next batch. I am hoping by this time next week, I can tell you all, I am vape only :D I live for that day that I touch my last cigerette in life!

Reactions: Puff2K

Vannie

May 19, 2015
Clifford Pa
Hi Vannie im right there with you. I started smoking when I was younger, but quit when I was 21. A couple of years ago I started up again and couldnt shake the habit. About four weeks ago I finished my last cig and it tasted like garbage. I started vaping four weeks ago at the same time. I started at 3ML of nicotine and never felt better. I havent touched or had the thought of a cig since then. I feel 100 times better. A friend of mine set me up with a mod and tank. I bought some juice to go along with it. Just last week I upgraded to a new mod with our wattage. Good luck to you on quitting. I know it will be tough, but you need the will power. Four weeks later im now looking at adding another mod and tank.
Congratulations, that is awesome news. I have been vaping more often since signing up here. The stories I have read, and the advice have gone a long way. I have already broke a few habits that I didn't imagine would be so easy. I know this is gonna do it for me. I cannot wait until I can say, I do not smoke at all. You started very low on your nicotine, that is great. I want to get to the lowest asap. I am very eager to just enjoy the vape. I bought new flavors today with 12. When I buy new ones, I am going for lower. I know I can do this, and cannot wait :) Good luck, and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread