Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Yeah, the ethanol gums things up and softens/rots gaskets if it is left sitting in the carburetor bowl. I tried it out, started on the third pull and ran well but when load hits it dies out. The governor seems to be working fine, but the carb just isn't supplying enough gas, I think. I'll have a real "dig" at it next week when have some time to play with it. I couldn't find any of the typical air or fuel adjustment screws on the carb. I've got to look it up online and see if there's a service manual. It's a Troy Built.

They have a "locked" adjustment screw that takes a special tool. I had the same problems with Troybuilt weedeaters so I looked it up on youtube and they've got all kind of workarounds to adjust it yourself. One just uses a bic pen lol. The mower mechanic told me it was an expensive tool but I found them on ebay for not much money. Not sure but Harbor Freight might have them. I meant to look next time I'm up that way.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I haven't had any problems with any of my power equipment either and I use the same gas in all that stuff that I use in my car from the local gas station. The SIL lives significantly closer to the shore and the gas, over there, comes from North Jersey or New York refineries. Ours comes from Southern NJ or PA refineries. I suspect the mix is different from the refineries for and specific area. I may just try running it under light load and using some carb cleaner on it, through the air intake, and see if that'll clean it up enough. If not, it's gonna be a take it apart and clean it project for a rainy day.

I'm not impressed with Troy Bilt, so far. There's no model/serial number plate on the thing and their website shows they no longer make discreet pressure washers. Without a model number I can't find the owners or service manuals. They'' be closed until Tuesday so I have to wait until then.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
You posted while I was writing, Wuzz. I'll check YouTube and see if there isn't a workaround and information there. Thanks for the idea! )Blonde moment on my part, and yes I was a natural blonde until it went grey)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Years ago Troy Built was top quality equipment but when the lumberyards like HD and Lowe's decided to sell brand name they started making junk for them. John Deere is another example. Older stuff and I think you can still buy good stuff from reputable dealers but the mowers they sell at Hd and Lowe's aren't the same. I had an old Troy Built chipper, about 30 years old, that held up well and probably still is to whoever I sold it to. It really saddened me to see John Deere go down that path. Their industrial equipment is still top notch. I don't own anything Troy Built anymore. Echo, Sthil etc.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Well, since I didn't actually buy the thing it's not a big deal if I can't get it going. The trend toward cheap, throw-away, equipment is very discouraging. I had a Simplicity garden tractor that just couldn't be killed. Gave it to my son and he used it for another ten years, then gave up on it 'cause it need a new carb and getting a carb for a 25+ year old engine was impossible. Even a rebuild kit wasn't available. Now I made the mistake of buying a Crapman. Mislabeled, they don't have blades for it and half the time don't have the oil or air filters either. Bailey's Power Equipment has been pretty helpful with parts for it though.

I looked at YouTube this AM and it wasn't very helpful or hopeful. I'll see what I can do with some carb cleaner and if that doesn't work I'll see if I can get a rebuild kit for it. If that fails, to the curb it goes.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Well I at my mom's for a few days then we are going to New York to scatter Gramma's ashes. It might very well be the last visit, but then ya never know what the future holds. We'll be leaving on Saturday morning, driving till we hit Pennsylvania then staying the night. On Sunday we will arrive at our destination. I can't wait till I get a hold of some rhubarb pie. :drool:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    memorial-day.jpg

cyberscooty-memorial-day.png

7.gif

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    I just ran into this, courtesy of PaulBHC, and thought some of you might find it interesting. There is much more than microcoils being discussed and, if you scroll down past the video, there is a transcript of it. Dr. F can be hard to understand at times.

The end of microcoils? | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    Hey people!
    Missed you a bit, i'm a bit busy but looks like too much for nothing, i'm very tired.
    I think you guys had some bad weather over there hope you are all fine and healthy..

awsum metal deposition by evaporation is a method to coat other metals, old stuff, i guess it happens on vaping stuff too since you have red hot metals.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Glad to see you're still there, Tritium. The bad weather has been in the middle of the country with lots of rain and tornados. One river went from normal to 40 feet over flood stage in a matter of about an hour. We've been very dry here so forest fires are the big concern.

How are you doing, besides tired and busy? I saw Greece is having another currency crisis, again. How are the melons doing? My green beans, broccoli, eggplants and carrots are all sprouting but the cukes and melons haven't poked through yet.

Well, in a properly operating vaping device the coil never, ever, reaches red hot, unless you're dry burning it. Decomposition caused by heat, from what I've seen so far, doesn't happen with Kanthal until it gets to 1000 F or C (can't remember which but at that temperature....) and with nickel at 600 F. I think it would be pretty safe if the device is operating normally.

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    I have to send you some seeds, at least you can plant Romanesco in August-September and maybe some lemon drop peppers.
    The watermelons on my balcony all died up. Fortunatelly i have only 4 of each kind and all others were on my brothers house, we planted all mellon stuff yesterday so now we have to wait. I also planted around 100 plants (mostly tomato) on the village. Now only a few places like the stable remain.
    The crisis never ended from 2008 and it never stops, i do not care, have nothing to loose. Food is a problem though but i can manage for now.

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    It's good to see you back, Trit. About those floods in Texas ... Here's a video someone on my horse list shared. It's a horse campground with many horse trailers and trucks probably ruined. I hope this Facebook page is accessible to even those not on Facebook.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    It's good to see you back, Trit. About those floods in Texas ... Here's a video someone on my horse list shared. It's a horse campground with many horse trailers and trucks probably ruined. I hope this Facebook page is accessible to even those not on Facebook.

Geez, that is one heck of a flood.

Amazing tribute, Uncle.

Trit, hang in there, buddy. We all know you are an amazing man. I'm always sorry to see Greece having so many troubles.

We went four wheeling with some rock crawlers. The canyon was amazing with running water and some challenging road sections.

Hubby got one side of our shade cover up and level and square. We are working on the other side today.

We drove to Carson City last night and picked up our lumber and supplies. We stopped at the Thai restaurant for dinner. Some won ton soup and a delicious wide noodle stir fry with basil and carrots was a magic cure for my stomach which has been giving me trouble since Friday.

My gardening buddy came over and her husband and her kid so we got all the warm weather stuff in. Four kinds of beans, corn, melons, summer and winter squash. Amazingly, it only took two hours with five of us.

The kid was really helpful [I was paying her]. I have a bunch of stuff to get done around here and she is coming back on Friday to help some more.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    moanin', Voltatics.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend, Lizzie. I went to my daughters on Saturday and "held the ladder" while SIL painted. When I got home I worked in the yard on the mulch pile project. Worked on that again on Sunday as well and it's pretty much a done project...well after another ten or fifteen loads of manufactured top soil are produced LOL. Yesterday we both just vegged out. I grilled Delmonico steaks for dinner and Mrs. Awsum made roasted potatoes with parmesan. Dessert was chocolate chip cream cheese pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream. After this weekend I'll be on starvation or my pants won't fit anymore.

Time to take the weed wacker for a long walk.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    I grilled Delmonico steaks for dinner and Mrs. Awsum made roasted potatoes with parmesan. Dessert was chocolate chip cream cheese pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream. After this weekend I'll be on starvation or my pants won't fit anymore.

Time to take the weed wacker for a long walk.

Know what you mean about the diet. I gained about 4 lbs while my son was here. It was a constant cookaroo all week. I was already about 5 over my comfort zone. Another week and they'd be taking a group photo of Chuck. Hope y'all had a good one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread