Wizard EVOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
Kerbz,
On the electronic tube you have 2 threaded rings, one at the upper side and one facing the battery.
Probably your mod was a little bit screwed to tight and maybe the contact pin was pushed back a little.
Try using longer battery then VTC, something with a nipple or if you have the skills can do this:
- unscrew abit the bottom ring and screw the top ring and you will end up lowering the batt contact of the mod.

A picture with your batt contact will let us know what you have to do and it will be easy for us to find a solution!

I want to know if the brass contact thst is making connection with the battery is still rises above the bottom ring or not.

Mark,

I took the best picture I could of the brass connection. It does not rise above the bottom ring. Let it be noted that I just received the WAE II and I have not tried any other batteries in it besides the VTC 4's. If you need any additional information let me know :) thanks for your help!

image1.JPG

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
Mark,

I took the best picture I could of the brass connection. It does not rise above the bottom ring. Let it be noted that I just received the WAE II and I have not tried any other batteries in it besides the VTC 4's. If you need any additional information let me know :) thanks for your help!

View attachment 458809
It doesn't have to be over the edge of the threads, but have to be over the edge of the ring.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432447177.738441.jpg

Reactions: Siam Diesel

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Oh man, I kinda want to get one just to to do the bigger screen on now. :)
There was a lot of trial and error for the fitment of the screen. Plus the clear shim that mark used for the up down buttons wouldn't work due to the screen plug. I had to make my own shims out of an old expired credit card lol. The fork tool I used was.... well, just a modified fork. The delrin for the screen had to be trimmed up a bit and wow did it line up perfectly. I used all 18awg wiring and i didn't think it will fit, but did with ease. The removable screen made it so much easier to solder the ground connection and i just slid it in after everything. The up down buttons seem more clicky as well.

Only two negatives, no W. Now I'm not sure if I'm adjusting watts, joules, amps, or volts lol. (Who cares about the big W.) The other negative is that it doesn't have a Gem yet. :-(

Engineer

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto
There was a lot of trial and error for the fitment of the screen. Plus the clear shim that mark used for the up down buttons wouldn't work due to the screen plug. I had to make my own shims out of an old expired credit card lol. The fork tool I used was.... well, just a modified fork. The delrin for the screen had to be trimmed up a bit and wow did it line up perfectly. I used all 18awg wiring and i didn't think it will fit, but did with ease. The removable screen made it so much easier to solder the ground connection and i just slid it in after everything. The up down buttons seem more clicky as well.

Only two negatives, no W. Now I'm not sure if I'm adjusting watts, joules, amps, or volts lol. (Who cares about the big W.) The other negative is that it doesn't have a Gem yet. :-(

You should post up the rest of the photos you had on FB! It looked like you had to shave of 1/2 of the top delrin rail mount for the screen. But you screen looks perfectly centred?

Removable screen is a huge plus for the installation. Did you managed to install a second ground or jumper the traces on the DNA40 board to the solid grounding pin?

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Did you happen to take any pictures of the progress? As you did the upgrade.
Yeah they're on a dna 40 Facebook group page. It's a pita to post them on here with imgur after the forum change. I have to type out the whole img code instead of copy and paste. I'll post them when I get some more time.

Reactions: qorax

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Yeah they're on a dna 40 Facebook group page. It's a pita to post them on here with imgur after the forum change. I have to type out the whole img code instead of copy and paste. I'll post them when I get some more time.
Yeah or link me to the fb page :)

I like the large screen... I just got a couple...
One question... Since the W is gone, did it that affect the text messages too?
Temp protection
Up new coil, down same coil
Atty lock press up down
Etc....

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Yeah or link me to the fb page :)

I like the large screen... I just got a couple...
One question... Since the W is gone, did it that affect the text messages too?
Temp protection
Up new coil, down same coil
Atty lock press up down
Etc....
Yes some of the messages are covered. New coil, temp protection, and so on. The button lock is not.

Reactions: Phone Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread