Status
Not open for further replies.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Thank you GF! Added this link to the comments!:thumb:
Happy to be of some small help. My blue puffer fish siggy just disappeared for a few minutes, confirming my deep affection for the forum software. While Puffy was gone, I thought of this...from my wastrel youth.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
E-Cigarette Forum
Here's a pic of the stuff I use in my blog....
Or PM me your address and I'll send you some.;)

Thanks for the generous offer Cheechako, I'll have a look at the local drugstore and see what they have.
Do these pads pull apart similar to Japanese cotton?

Dollar Tree (except in Maine, where they only sell rolls...)
Assured Sterile Gauze Pads, 15-ct. Boxes
SKU#:
We don't have any Dollar Tree stores in Eastern Canada, they stop in Upper Canada. Supporting the general consensus that there is nothing east of Montreal... :?:

If these are regular Gauze pads then any layered gauze pad should work, Yes? I shall seek and find!

Now has anyone tried the layer you peel off of the Japanese cotton as a liner? Would it work just as well or is the open weave required?
:toast:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
We don't have any Dollar Tree stores in Eastern Canada, they stop in Upper Canada. Supporting the general consensus that there is nothing east of Montreal... :?:
. Maine, once upon a time, was at least nominally part of Nova Scotia, supporting the general consensus that...errrmmm... that.. John Diefenbaker was not the Queen Mother of New Zealand.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
@Nanny22 I found this on Facebook...is this how ya'll grill in DEEEEEETROITTT?

image.jpg

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Thanks for the generous offer Cheechako, I'll have a look at the local drugstore and see what they have.
Do these pads pull apart similar to Japanese cotton?

If these are regular Gauze pads then any layered gauze pad should work, Yes? I shall seek and find!

Now has anyone tried the layer you peel off of the Japanese cotton as a liner? Would it work just as well or is the open weave required?
:toast:
It is more like a cloth than the KGD.
The non-woven gauze is the best bet...it allows the juice to wick best to the coil. Believe me, I've tried them all.
The only other option is coffee filter paper, it works, I tried it. (Thx @LostVapeMonster )
Any other material (cotton) restricted wicking and led to dry hits.
You should be able to find it in the drugstore, make sure you get it without any antibiotic properties in it.

Most of the gauze pads I've looked at are a rayon/polyester blend...Cheech, are yours?
Yes it is! I would not use it for wicking, but since it doesn't contact the actual coil, I figure it's fine.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
@Nanny22 I found this on Facebook...is this how ya'll grill in DEEEEEETROITTT?

View attachment 459296
Only if you are fancy!
Regular folks just use one of these. Loose asphalt makes a good base for your coals. Yours has real BRICKS!
Redneck+Grill.jpg

I think BIKE could teach us all a thing or two about GRILLIN!!!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Only if you are fancy!
Regular folks just use one of these. Loose asphalt makes a good base for your coals. Yours has real BRICKS!
Redneck+Grill.jpg

I think BIKE could teach us all a thing or two about GRILLIN!!!
I just saw it and thought nah...they don't grill like that!! :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Smokin (my specialty) is a lot different than grillin, but that's way too hot for those burgers. Better keep an eye on em or they'll light up :) Ya'll probably have a lot of potholes in those parts.
ETA: Most people I've seen grill food only do it a handful of times a year, cook it to death, and then everybody tells them how good their dried out crispy burgers and blackened hot dogs are :laugh:

Last edited:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Yes it is! I would not use it for wicking, but since it doesn't contact the actual coil, I figure it's fine.
Ok thanks! I've seen this in a bunch of places but wouldn't buy it because of the polyester.
And, I tried the coffee filters and got burnt hits. :( how did you do it?

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Smokin (my specialty) is a lot different than grillin, but that's way too hot for those burgers. Better keep an eye on em or they'll light up :) Ya'll probably have a lot of potholes in those parts.
Yep, they def need another hunk or two of asphalt to raise that grill surface up a bit. That's a grease fire waiting to happen, fo sho. ROOKIES.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
In January 2014 I bought a 5 pack of Kanger T3Ss. I gave my wife 2. I just took a hit off one of hers and with the same coil head that came in it, it hits and tastes as good as the day she got it! I did make a mistake and took 3 straight draws off it and got a bad burnt hit (been usin the Hellboy). She has vaped daily on her T3Ss and I've never bought her any replacement coils. No leaks, no flooding, no gunking, no loss of flavor, just nice full clean vape.

My 3 from the same batch didn't last a week and gunked up, lost flavor, leaked, flooded............
ETA: The same coil head, 17 months old, vapin every day! I don't get it and wouldn't believe somebody tellin me that could be

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Ok thanks! I've seen this in a bunch of places but wouldn't buy it because of the polyester.
And, I tried the coffee filters and got burnt hits. :( how did you do it?
I only tried it on a couple of coils, one layer, got flooding, two layers seemed fine.
May have to revisit the coffee filter trick...

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Well, two layers of coffee filter paper, 1.8 ohm coil, 15 watts on the iStick 50...blowin' clouds like no one's business.
Chain vaped trying to get dry hit...get cloudy in here, but no dry hits.
I cut a strip longer than necessary, wrap around coil twice and snip off excess.
Are you using hippie organic, tie-dyed filters?

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Well, two layers of coffee filter paper, 1.8 ohm coil, 15 watts on the iStick 50...blowin' clouds like no one's business.
Chain vaped trying to get dry hit...get cloudy in here, but no dry hits.
I cut a strip longer than necessary, wrap around coil twice and snip off excess.
Are you using hippie organic, tie-dyed filters?
nope...just plain old white ones.. I'll give it another try soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread