Sat 22 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Infinite Sat 22 clone is pretty nice. I've been playing with it for a couple days. This is my first genny. Stainless steel mesh wick. I used the mesh that came with the kit, so I'm not sure what size it is. The build quality of the atomizer is OK. My only complaints are that the o-rings that are in the center post were both split and the wick/fill holes were not machined very nice. Who ever was running the drill press that day used the oval drill bit :confused:. Vapor production and flavor are nice. I currently am using 32 gauge 3/4 wrap at 0.7 ohms at 15W. I think I found something that suits my vape style. Relaxed restricted draw with lots of flavor.
-Dirk

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Is that 32 wire twisted or are you really vaping on a 1300 heatflux? I ask cause that 10x hotter than I vape at.
The wire I had used when I wrote that was some stuff I had in my equipment box so I'm not 100% positive what it was. But looking at it again I believe it's 30 gauge. It might be nichrome and not kanthal. I have since change to 28 gauge TEMCO kanthal.
-Dirk

Last edited:

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
I just got one of these too this past Friday from a local B&M. It's my 2nd Genny (I also have a Zenesis Atty) and the first time I gotten a Genny to work well. I followed an old YouTube by Igetcha69 and used a 30mm x 20mm piece of [HASHTAG]#400[/HASHTAG] mesh and wrapped it tightly around an 18ga blunt tip needle. Then I wrapped 4 turns of 32ga K1 Kanthal (Scott used 28ga @ 5 wraps) around it and installed it as a unit. Came in at 1.4 ohns and works great!

Is that 32 wire twisted or are you really vaping on a 1300 heatflux? I ask cause that 10x hotter than I vape at.

@93g; I tried it Scott's way first with 28ga and it was WAY too hot, came in at something like .8ohms. I had trouble with hot spots, it was too hot, couldn't get it to work at all. I went down to 32ga and it works well, but the whole atty gets so hot I have to put it down to cool. No shorts or hot spots, is that what you were saying about heat flux? What gauge wire do you use? I think maybe next build I'll use 30ga...

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What gauge wire do you use? I think maybe next build I'll use 30ga...

I'm vaping in a different world from you.. 1.5is as low as I'm building right now. I am vaping on 30awg, at approx 10watts on a 2.34ohm coil 8/9 wraps. Just got the Sat22 atty this is 6th try first coil I get any flavor from. Have tried 29awg, 30awg and twisted 31 and 31/32. I will probably try twisted 32 next. 1.8ohm twisted 32 is my favorite with my Kayfun.

Reactions: demonatas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread