hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That really sucks. After a quick search on google, it appears that there is also a line of eliquids under the same name. If I were them then I'd change the name immediately. I wouldn't want to be connected to a synthetic substance like what was talked about in that story. Why is it that it's only the bad stuff about vaping that comes out in the news?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well, tomorrow I'll have a one dog household. Hailey, the gf's American Eskimo/Sheltie mix has toxic kidney failure and needs to be put down. It all came on pretty suddenly as she stopped eating last week, but seemed to be getting better during the weekend. She still had a foul smell and I stated thinking it might be her teeth as she's nearing 13 years old, but no luck. Gonna miss that little yapper.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I've, unfortunately, had to deal with my own as well as others. I stopped over at a friends house because she had gotten a puppy and needed someone to take him out because she worked long hours during the day. I was volunteering at the thrift store at the time and came past her house mid day so I volunteered. She had an older dog that wasn't the friendly type, particularly to strangers. I figured if I spent a few visits we'd be fine. The first time was very edgy however the second stop in she seemed to warm to me. I figured one or two more visits and we'd be fine.

I left for home and wasn't here more than 15 minutes and the phone rang. It was the gal and I could hardly hear through the sobbing, but I made out that her dog got hit. I rushed back over to find that another passing car took her to the vets. I was on one of my bikes so I took her car there. There was nothing the vet could do for her, internal bleeding and broken bones. All that aggression was gone as I helped keep her calm until she was tranquilized. I was emotional and I hardly knew the animal.

Anyway, Hailey had her last walk down the lane today. Lately she's only walked halfway down, then waited for Jacks and I to head back up. Today she did the entire walk and was sniffing around for the last time.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well yesterday was miserable as I relived the journey of taking my Golden in. Fortunately, she handled the final moments as I had Jacks there for his checkup. It was all over by the time I got the news that Jacks has Lyme's again. No outward symptoms but he's on a 4 week antibiotic regimen. Ugh

Then today a nine month old Maltese showed up at the house. After she said she couldn't handle dying animals anymore once her two cats were gone, she found she couldn't handle not having one. A friend of hers apparently bred them and didn't sell them all and offered one to her free. Of course there's $200 worth of vaccines and a neutering to be done so not exactly free. Jacks hasn't warmed to the new mutt yet and she doesn't know what to make of me so far either. Actually, I don't know what to make of a 5 pound dog that's smaller than the cats.

The one thing that she might be good for is my mother. She's easy enough to take on a visit and is colored like a Schnauzer so my mom might like the little rat.

Reactions: firechick

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well congrats on the new dog/rat, I think. I'm sure you'll warm up to it. Our dog had this weird brown fungal thing in her ears a while back and it was hard to get rid of. We used all the medicine the vet gave us for her and still had to go buy ear drops and keep cleaning her ears daily for a while. How does your dog get lyme disease? Is it from ticks?

Users who are viewing this thread