My Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I used to be a chain smoker between 40 -50 cancer sticks a day. Three Christmas' ago my wife bought me a category 1 e-cig kit made by Smoke NV. Yeah it was zero nicotine......the packet said that that one e-cig was equal to three coffin bails......duh....I gaped the whole box of cargos it came with in less than 2 hrs and got absolutely no satisfaction...... Come on get real a nic addict to go zero nic immediately would need a major miracle from the Almighty. These cargos were supposed to be non refillable and at $26 AUD was a total waste of money. I loved on to YouTube and soon learned how to refill them with nic juice.

The first bottle of Nic juice came from O.S. as you cannot buy STILL nic juice in Australia. By the time you paid for the pathetic 10 ml bottle and the post charges and a delivery on a slow boat from China it wasn't worth buying. A Friend introduced me to easy refillable category 2 VAPES and an agent in Australia that could organise 30 mls of E-Juice with nic for $14.95 AUD and guaranteed delivery between 3 -6 businesses days and I never looked back. In Oz it is legal for us to import Nic E-juice but its illegal for any vendor to sell it to you direct.

Three years down the track, I am now onto sub ohming, and I hardley use any Nic at all the max if I want it is 2 mg ml

I think a lot of us started out this way. Maybe not with all the regulation that you have in AU, but as far as the cheap little disposables, to the 2 and 3 piece sticks, to the last couple of years where mods have really taken off. Just a question, if it's not illegal to import nic juice, why not just get a DIY and save yourself a lot more money?

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I think a lot of us started out this way. Maybe not with all the regulation that you have in AU, but as far as the cheap little disposables, to the 2 and 3 piece sticks, to the last couple of years where mods have really taken off. Just a question, if it's not illegal to import nic juice, why not just get a DIY and save yourself a lot more money?
Gday Pandemic,
Indeed what you say is correct and I did import nic bases from numerous sources if I need them . I am into Sub Ohming now and virtually use zero Nic. All my flavours except tobacco come from two labs in AU and believe it or not made by a retired baker that used to use them in his various cakes and pastries and now does a roaring trade making E-juice concentrate. As far as tobacco flavors go the only one I do still like is RY4 and that I get also in concentrate form from another Aussie vendor called Juice Factory. Tom and I are great friends I do recommend him to Aussies for hard to get Capella or TPA concentrates. When I cannot be bothered mixing and do need nic juice the guy I mentioned in the previous post is also excellent.

Speaking of weird Aussie Regulations....They read real weird....in so far as by Federal Law we can import 12 months supply of Nic Juice for personal use......What a 12 months supply is for different individuals is open to broad interpretation....each person has different smoking and now hopefully e-cig needs. Go define a 12 months supply question in a court of law.

Now our State laws are totally FUBB each state is different some say you cannot have nic juice in your possession.....I have yet to hear of one vaper being busted for vaping nic juice in Australia. The main objection to Nic Juice in Australia and Vapes for that matter, is that their tax revenue to the Feds and States is only 10%. Where as Cigarette and Tobacco Products as well as Alcohol products generate a tax revenuie of 85% plus the 10% afore mentioned.....real double dipping by the Govt..... and anyone with even limited understanding of economics would say which they would prefer as an income revenue.......10% or 85%+10% (95%) of the product value. Therein friend lays the whole crux of the matter. Our Govt dosn't give a moot if smokers perish from Cigarette related illness. All the want is the $$$$$ generated by the death sticks. Sure there is all the BS campaigns of quit smoking etc., etc., if the govt was genuine in its attempts for people to quit smoking then they would make the present legal NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) as free and as accessible as the medication is for ...... Addicts. Hey, as I said, They want their $$$$$$$$ with our blood on it.

Consider also, how many millions if not billions of dollars has been invested in Tobacco growing, Cigarette Manufacture, Pharmaceutical Companies with their NRT; do you seriously think they are going sit back and allow a Communist Country to crumple their Capitalist Countries Businesses? I do not know about the USA or the UK but there are no E-cig hardware manufacturers in Australia and no one is interested in doing so as no one is certain how long it is going to be before Federal Legislation will be passed totally banning Vaping. It's on the cards......Think about it.....What are your various state laws regarding vaping. I have heard what has happened in NY what about elsewhere?

Regards
Acer 50

Thanks for the Informative read! It's not every day you hear what legislation and laws are being put into effect in another country. The problem with trying to ban vaping, is like the governments fight with weed, so many people have access to hardware, batteries, ingredients to make their own juices is so accessible, even if they took it off the shelves, we would still find a way to continue. It's not like you could develop a drug test to test and see if you were vaping. Nic has a short half-life in the body, and PG, VG and flavors are all found in just about most of the foods that we eat, there wouldn't be a way to stop it completely. They won't be able to curb it anymore, the ball is rolling. And with vaping being a new phenomena, testing, and research studies with hard facts that state it's worse than smoking, don't exist, unless you are in a certain extreme, we wouldn't go to when vaping. The only harmful studies I've seen are from certain flavors that cause chemicals to form that are inherently toxic when vaped, but ingested, those same chemicals in that flavor are relatively safe.

Millions of people have started vaping, more start every day. Less people are smoking, and at least one person a day gets interested in starting because I pull out my hardware and my juice and let them experience it without being pressured into buying something at a shop. Then I turn around and the next thing I know, they have a category 1 vape pen, or jump right into a mod. Nothing fancy, like our high end mechanical mods, regulated boxes, and RDA's, RBA, RTA and so on. But they start enjoying better health, flavors and what we ultimately want, the nicotine. As we progress, it becomes less about the nic than it is the flavor and cloud chasing that makes it a hobby and not just an addiction or dependency.

That being said, hardware for vaping weed has been around for quite a few years, and it hasn't been banned yet, and it's for vaping an illegal plant. The govt and big tobacco are scared of us, because we aren't generating federal tax income, making money for big tobacco and so on for each pack of cigarettes, instead, we are supporting local business, local and state taxes which all go back into the communities. That is the only reason why I can foresee them trying to ban vaping. Until they can figure out a way to tax it federally, it'll be too late. Self sustainable vaping will already be the norm.

That being said, quitting any tobacco with vaping is possible. It's been 2 weeks since I had a dip.

Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Gday Pandemic,
Indeed what you say is correct and I did import nic bases from numerous sources if I need them . I am into Sub Ohming now and virtually use zero Nic. All my flavours except tobacco come from two labs in AU and believe it or not made by a retired baker that used to use them in his various cakes and pastries and now does a roaring trade making E-juice concentrate. As far as tobacco flavors go the only one I do still like is RY4 and that I get also in concentrate form from another Aussie vendor called Juice Factory. Tom and I are great friends I do recommend him to Aussies for hard to get Capella or TPA concentrates. When I cannot be bothered mixing and do need nic juice the guy I mentioned in the previous post is also excellent.

Speaking of weird Aussie Regulations....They read real weird....in so far as by Federal Law we can import 12 months supply of Nic Juice for personal use......What a 12 months supply is for different individuals is open to broad interpretation....each person has different smoking and now hopefully e-cig needs. Go define a 12 months supply question in a court of law.

Now our State laws are totally FUBB each state is different some say you cannot have nic juice in your possession.....I have yet to hear of one vaper being busted for vaping nic juice in Australia. The main objection to Nic Juice in Australia and Vapes for that matter, is that their tax revenue to the Feds and States is only 10%. Where as Cigarette and Tobacco Products as well as Alcohol products generate a tax revenuie of 85% plus the 10% afore mentioned.....real double dipping by the Govt..... and anyone with even limited understanding of economics would say which they would prefer as an income revenue.......10% or 85%+10% (95%) of the product value. Therein friend lays the whole crux of the matter. Our Govt dosn't give a moot if smokers perish from Cigarette related illness. All the want is the $$$$$ generated by the death sticks. Sure there is all the BS campaigns of quit smoking etc., etc., if the govt was genuine in its attempts for people to quit smoking then they would make the present legal NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) as free and as accessible as the medication is for ****** Addicts. Hey, as I said, They want their $$$$$$$$ with our blood on it.

Consider also, how many millions if not billions of dollars has been invested in Tobacco growing, Cigarette Manufacture, Pharmaceutical Companies with their NRT; do you seriously think they are going sit back and allow a Communist Country to crumple their Capitalist Countries Businesses? I do not know about the USA or the UK but there are no E-cig hardware manufacturers in Australia and no one is interested in doing so as no one is certain how long it is going to be before Federal Legislation will be passed totally banning Vaping. It's on the cards......Think about it.....What are your various state laws regarding vaping. I have heard what has happened in NY what about elsewhere?

Regards
Acer 50
does it make me an unpatriotic american to say thank god for china.our government also wants their blood money but can not control what we buy from FT or other Chinese companies.I tried everything else and vaping was the only thing that freed me from tobacco. guess the government hates losing slaves that will sacrifice their lives to increase tax revenue

does it make me an unpatriotic american to say thank god for china.our government also wants their blood money but can not control what we buy from FT or other Chinese companies.I tried everything else and vaping was the only thing that freed me from tobacco. guess the government hates losing slaves that will sacrifice their lives to increase tax revenue

I don't think it's unpatriotic at all. Does that mean If given the chance to buy American made vape gear I would? Definitely! But it's few and far between. With clones being just as good if not the same quality of others, most of the RDA's RTA's RBA's and so on, are made in china or mexico. With no way to regulate import of it all, since on the package, it would just say, birthday gift or something similar for customs declaration if they did.

Ironically the Nic we vape, is all extracted from tobacco plants, on the bottle it might say organic nicotine, or the like. So tobacco companies still make a margin of profit, but a 30$ bottle of 100mg nic will last me a very long time if stored properly. So the margin of profit is significantly less, except life span has increased, and demand for nic has probably never been higher. You would think they could easily just change tactics, and move from smoking tobacco, to just extracting what the consumer really wants.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I don't think it's unpatriotic at all. Does that mean If given the chance to buy American made vape gear I would? Definitely! But it's few and far between. With clones being just as good if not the same quality of others, most of the RDA's RTA's RBA's and so on, are made in china or mexico. With no way to regulate import of it all, since on the package, it would just say, birthday gift or something similar for customs declaration if they did.

Ironically the Nic we vape, is all extracted from tobacco plants, on the bottle it might say organic nicotine, or the like. So tobacco companies still make a margin of profit, but a 30$ bottle of 100mg nic will last me a very long time if stored properly. So the margin of profit is significantly less, except life span has increased, and demand for nic has probably never been higher. You would think they could easily just change tactics, and move from smoking tobacco, to just extracting what the consumer really wants.
most products sold in america are made in china. buying direct just eliminates the middle man and saves us a lot of money.I have a 2 year supply of nicotine in my refrigerator and can't believe how much the charge for e-juice that cost me $1.60 per ounce (30ml) to make. and I like a lot of flavor so I would have to pay for extra flavor shots.I saw how one local B&M makes their in house juice and I would not work on my car in that environment.at least with DIY I can keep it clean.I would buy american if I could get the same quality at a reasonable price but refuse to pay a 1000% markup on a Chinese made good.I would support american work if given the chance. but feel no obligation to companies that ship jobs to china

Reactions: Acer50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
The only problem with China friend, is every man and his dog is into trying to sell their wares to us. I have bought direct from China only to find 65% of the hardware was either cloned or rubbish. Try to get warranty replacements from China.

Oh yes they say we send you replacement with your next order.....No way will I give another order to a company that sends me untested rubbish in the first instance.
That is why I only buy from local vendors and out of them only three I trust. No problems when something goes wrong. Replacements on my door step in 3-5 business days and no excessive freight.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the Informative read! .

I totally agree with you Pandemic Vapor, Its all about money to the feds.No one gives a hoot about the health aspect. I have a friend that is currently on a world trip through Europe and he is absolutely Gob Stuck at all the bull.... regulations in every country he has visited. That is Europe, I would hate to visit the USA with so many states and different regulations per state. We only have seven states in our country and each state is different. The worst is Western Australia with Queensland coming in second place. NSW, Victoria, South Australia Northern Territory and Tasmania do not seem to care that much.

If anything, the best we can do is support our American distributors that supply us our DIY supplies.

As for buying from a shop here, is selection and quantity. Got it, china has some cruddy stuff come out of there.
Being stationed in Germany for a year, I can attest to the regulations, but compared to the US, Germany was pretty relaxed.

But that being said, I'll purchase from 3 of the 4 local shops as well. Juice not so much anymore, but mods, wire, and cotton are big staples. Keeping the good shops open, provides a good base for vaper's in the community.

The US isn't bad, it seems daunting, but for the most part, most laws are the same in each state, drinking is 21, tobacco/nicotine is 18, driving at 16 w/permit and another adult driving with you etc. It's the Blue laws that are the weird ones that are state specific.

Reactions: Acer50

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
The only problem with China friend, is every man and his dog is into trying to sell their wares to us. I have bought direct from China only to find 65% of the hardware was either cloned or rubbish. Try to get warranty replacements from China.

Oh yes they say we send you replacement with your next order.....No way will I give another order to a company that sends me untested rubbish in the first instance.
That is why I only buy from local vendors and out of them only three I trust. No problems when something goes wrong. Replacements on my door step in 3-5 business days and no excessive freight.
this is true but there are reliable suppliers in china I do not have a problem with buying clones and have had good luck with vaping equipment I purchased from FT. I pay a buck or two for faster shipping and receive my orders in less than 2 weeks. E-BAY also has a great buyer protection program and I have received refunds on orders that were not as described.there are some bad vendors in this country as well.and some products are just poorly designed so even buying authentics is no guarantee that the product will work well. my local vape shop gets many returns on the protank 3 because of problems with the coils. the longer coil is just a bad design. the shorter one used on their MT3 as well as the evod and gs-h2 and gs-h5 work very well. in this field you have to be careful regardless of where you buy from

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
this is true but there are reliable suppliers in china I do not have a problem with buying clones and have had good luck with vaping equipment I purchased from FT. I pay a buck or two for faster shipping and receive my orders in less than 2 weeks. E-BAY also has a great buyer protection program and I have received refunds on orders that were not as described.there are some bad vendors in this country as well.and some products are just poorly designed so even buying authentics is no guarantee that the product will work well. my local vape shop gets many returns on the protank 3 because of problems with the coils. the longer coil is just a bad design. the shorter one used on their MT3 as well as the evod and gs-h2 and gs-h5 work very well. in this field you have to be careful regardless of where you buy from
I agree that FT has always benn good for me also. And what really blew me away was a certain item was advertised as made in U.S.A , I wont say what it was or who made it, but it was being produced for this someone in China and then shipped to him. He then deburred and polished and sold for 250.00 to unwitting consumers. Ihad never even considered that someone would do something like this. I am sure this happens more than we will ever know. Wow I was naive.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
If anything, the best we can do is support our American distributors that supply us our DIY supplies.

As for buying from a shop here, is selection and quantity. Got it, china has some cruddy stuff come out of there.
Being stationed in Germany for a year, I can attest to the regulations, but compared to the US, Germany was pretty relaxed.

But that being said, I'll purchase from 3 of the 4 local shops as well. Juice not so much anymore, but mods, wire, and cotton are big staples. Keeping the good shops open, provides a good base for vaper's in the community.

The US isn't bad, it seems daunting, but for the most part, most laws are the same in each state, drinking is 21, tobacco/nicotine is 18, driving at 16 w/permit and another adult driving with you etc. It's the Blue laws that are the weird ones that are state specific.[/QUOTE

Thank you for the information Pandemic, indeed I have heard very favorable reports about Germany. I am just venturing into rebuilds with three Kafuns I own. I bought a lovley winding jig with all sorts of different diameter bars as well as a fantastic Ohm Meter all under $60 AUD for the lot. I have even tried making a duel parallel coil for the Kafun and that was fun fitting them in.

Juice wise as I said, I now am totally independent of of E-Juice manufacturers as I stated and import my concentrates from the Juice Factory, and Aussie E-Cigs. My Glyc also comes from Aussie E-Cigs. For Australian readers these two concentrate suppliers and Glyc suppliers I highly recommend. There is another called Vapeking, but he used to be good and friendly but now has taken down his contact number from his site and we Aussies have a saying if we cannot jaw with each other on the phone we don't want to do business with you. Vapeking also does not send out decent size bottles of concentrates. I hate stupid 10 ml bottles all over the place. The minimum I buy is 30ml sizes. So now I give vapeking the flick.

Acer50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread