Texas, near Fort Hood

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Waiting for our son, his wife and Miles to come over for some grilling and eating. Meanwhile I'm thinking how Memorial Day is pretty personal for us around here. Our thoughts are with all the families that lost their hero's and all the men and women who served or currently serve to protect our liberties and way of life.

Our daughter visiting her husband.

IMG_9636_zpsfi2wjxhj.jpg

IMG_9640_zpsmmyxpm8g.jpg

And Adam's best friend Billy, who severed with one of the west coast Seal Teams visiting his buddies. He came home with severe brain trauma from injuries. And his smile can still light up a room.

Billy-Arlington_zpshftvanjn.jpg

Billy%201%202011-05-26_zpsatf8jrat.png

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I don't know how this graphic poem is going to format on here, but I'll give it a go. I tried to snip it with the scissors, but it was longer than a page. The link to it is here: Nurse’s Notes | S.K. Nicholls
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
I
do
not
know
you
very
well,
but I
feel I
can tell
you, that I
have often
found some
of the most
particularly
delightful
things in
life quite
often do
occur quite
by chance.
For the most
part, all of
these were
written years ago.
When they were,
there was always
a song playing
in the back
of my mind.
I could not
share the song.
Unfortunately,
as much as I wanted to,
I never learned how to read or write music, but I feel it.
I don’t sing very often or very well.
I write
books now.
Though some of my writings,
even in books,
are lyrical
serendipity.
Some are blues.
Some are rock.
Some are psychotic headbeats
louder than my own heart!
These are my “Nurse’s Notes”.​

2 points if you guess the picture.
Let's see if the alignment icon helps at all....
align.png

welll... yes, yes it does

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Waiting for our son, his wife and Miles to come over for some grilling and eating. Meanwhile I'm thinking how Memorial Day is pretty personal for us around here. Our thoughts are with all the families that lost their hero's and all the men and women who served or currently serve to protect our liberties and way of life.

Mike, I very much appreciate you sharing this .. I know it's painful ..

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Let's see if the alignment icon helps at all....
View attachment 459268
welll... yes, yes it does
Hey thanks Ken! Might have played around all day trying to figure that out. Why can't all sites have everything in the same place with the same icons?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Slipping in for a moment to say a sincere & heartfelt, (& a bit teary), THANK YOU to all of our Veterans!

Hoping to be back here soon. Everything is still locked up. I've done everything I know to do without success. Am thinking of going to the Dr for a steroid injection. :-x In other news: My Rhuematologist called me a few days ago to tell me about a new clinical research therapy that's undergoing trials now. He's had 1 patient go through it with great results so far, & he wants to reserve a place for me if I'm interested. :thumbs: I can't do anything involving research, or clinical trials until I've been off the Rituxan for a year, which will be on August 25th. It's a stem cell therapy developed for RA & is supposed to stop RA in it's tracks, & has just become available. I've been waiting on this since all the big to do about stem cell research about 8 years ago. I asked about it then, & he's had me on the list he's been building for it this whole time! I'm soooo glad he thought of me & is making it a point to get me in on it. I'm just super excited about the whole thing! Even if it doesn't restore any of the damage done so far, to know that at a minimum it won't get worse is beyond anything I dreamed could happen. In fact, I feel like I'm dreaming. :banana::rickroll:

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Slipping in for a moment to say a sincere & heartfelt, (& a bit teary), THANK YOU to all of our Veterans!

Hoping to be back here soon. Everything is still locked up. I've done everything I know to do without success. Am thinking of going to the Dr for a steroid injection. :-x In other news: My Rhuematologist called me a few days ago to tell me about a new clinical research therapy that's undergoing trials now. He's had 1 patient go through it with great results so far, & he wants to reserve a place for me if I'm interested. :thumbs: I can't do anything involving research, or clinical trials until I've been off the Rituxan for a year, which will be on August 25th. It's a stem cell therapy developed for RA & is supposed to stop RA in it's tracks, & has just become available. I've been waiting on this since all the big to do about stem cell research about 8 years ago. I asked about it then, & he's had me on the list he's been building for it this whole time! I'm soooo glad he thought of me & is making it a point to get me in on it. I'm just super excited about the whole thing! Even if it doesn't restore any of the damage done so far, to know that at a minimum it won't get worse is beyond anything I dreamed could happen. In fact, I feel like I'm dreaming. :banana::rickroll:
That's great news. I know that research has so much potential. Great to see it applied!!! {{{HUGS}}}

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Mike, I very much appreciate you sharing this .. I know it's painful ..

Mike,

That is the most poignant Memorial Day post!

A most grateful salute to Lt. Dyer, his family and friends...

Mike and Janet, there are no words I can write here to describe the emotion. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Thanks for the thoughts folks. And to answer your question Willie. They were some of the 1st images I thought of this morning over coffee. I hesitated to post them only because I didn't want folks to think I was 'playing the sympathy card'. But then this afternoon - I thought of all the 'stuff' other people share on the porch and well - the pics got posted.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Thanks for the thoughts folks. And to answer your question Willie. They were some of the 1st images I thought of this morning over coffee. I hesitated to post them only because I didn't want folks to think I was 'playing the sympathy card'. But then this afternoon - I thought of all the 'stuff' other people share on the porch and well - the pics got posted.
There is no sympathy card involved, unless it is our responses to it. We thank your SIL for his sacrifice.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

And rightfully so .. that's what today is all about .. I would venture to guess many on the thread have experienced loss of a Military personnel either directly or indirectly / in the near present or the past .. putting it here obviously drives the point much closer to home .. no words, my friend, no words ..

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Oh Kenna - nice to hear there could be some relief coming for you. Best wishes it turns out well.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Mike, My deepest sympathy for your and your daughter's loss. A hero in my book. I was extremely touched by the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread