ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
no. the glass is clear. the airflow ring and the topcap look like black chrome.
Ahh, I see. Should have looked at your photo. Does it show machining/brushed finish? If so, it's probably not chrome plated but rather blackened stainless. Which is an oxidized color, and considered safe. The Ego Ones in black are colored this way.

This is definitely piquing my interest. Especially the Peek version. (wah wah)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You have to bake this at a high temp though. Not sure that would work.

That is Actually what I liked about these Paints. That they need to be Baked on.

I have De-Soldered and Gutted my Black IPV Mini. It really Isn't very hard if you can Solder. And there is Nothing on the 2 Halves that 300 F would hurt.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
That is Actually what I liked about these Paints. That they need to be Baked on.

I have De-Soldered and Gutted my Black IPV Mini. It really Isn't very hard if you can Solder. And there is Nothing on the 2 Halves that 300 F would hurt.
Then go for it! I liked that they are used on dishes and china that would normally go in your mouth. You can update us on how they hold up. Maybe do a small piece of glass on the side as a test to see if it would work on a tank. See if you can chip it :) I like the blacks but not sure if I want to spring for the basic or the chalkboard.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Then go for it! I liked that they are used on dishes and china that would normally go in your mouth. You can update us on how they hold up. Maybe do a small piece of glass on the side as a test to see if it would work on a tank. See if you can chip it :) I like the blacks but not sure if I want to spring for the basic or the chalkboard.

I would ONLY use this Paint on a Non e-Liquid Contacting surfaces. Like the Aluminum Body of a Mod.

I saw this on that site you Liked to...

"Porcelaine 150 is not recommended for use on surfaces that come in contact with food."

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
I would ONLY use this Paint on a Non e-Liquid Contacting surfaces. Like the Aluminum Body of a Mod.

I saw this on that site you Liked to...

"Porcelaine 150 is not recommended for use on surfaces that come in contact with food."
Ahhh. Just saw that. I wouldn't be painting the inside of the glass, so do you think it would matter as long as the paint wasn't inside the tank?

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ahhh. Just saw that. I wouldn't be painting the inside of the glass, so do you think it would matter as long as the paint wasn't inside the tank?

If this Paint isn't in Contact with the e-Liquid, I don't see any Problems.

The thing is that Most Paints and Spray Finishes really aren't meant to be Handle constantly. Or have Fantastic chemical Resistance.

What I am hoping is that the Fish will be More Durable than most of things I have thought about.

BTW - Did you see those Transparent Glass Paints? I wonder how well they would hold up to e-Liquids and Handling on the Outside of a Tank?

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    $56.97 Authentic Kanger SUBOX Mini Silver Starter Kit - 1*18650 / 4.5ml / 0.5ohm / 7-50W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

authentic kanger subbox mini at fasttech for only 57$? seems to good to be true for the pricing. I was expecting this to be near 100$. Then again it is fasttech everything is cheaper there, but 57$ really? what is this at retailers like 80$? I might just buy this thing at a verified reseller if it really is that cheap.

Can get it stateside cheaper Vape Super Saver has it for $54.99 with free shipping ;)

Reactions: gerrymi

blivey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2015
    If this Paint isn't in Contact with the e-Liquid, I don't see any Problems.

The thing is that Most Paints and Spray Finishes really aren't meant to be Handle constantly. Or have Fantastic chemical Resistance.

What I am hoping is that the Fish will be More Durable than most of things I have thought about.

BTW - Did you see those Transparent Glass Paints? I wonder how well they would hold up to e-Liquids and Handling on the Outside of a Tank?
    I saw those. I may have to go to hobby lobby and just swab some of these. Maybe buy a picture frame and swab it then bring it home and do a little testing with pg, vg, and nic.

Reactions: zoiDman

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 10, 2013
    constitution state
    They really just bored a huge hole in the rba sleeve im so turned off now all that wasted space like the occ coil. Wicking hole so high gonna be doing the tilty tilt unless you refill even more throughout the day.
    First Look: Kanger SUBOX Mini | Seven Report

i think the holes in the sleeve are in addition to the original ones at the juice channels. i read that it was for better wicking for 100% VG liquid. it should not affect how often you refill.:toast:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2012
    Can get it stateside cheaper Vape Super Saver has it for $54.99 with free shipping ;)

holy smokes is this a dream come true? 50W mod, replaceable battery, comes with a tank, looks stylish as hell, for only 55$???? that price is like seriously unbelieveable, like seriously... like SERIOUSLY, i am SERIOUSLY thinking maybe kangertech is going evil, selling off these cool looking duds that dont work in mass or we dont even get in preorder, then going to run away with our money.

Is this real life? :w00t:

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    holy smokes is this a dream come true? 50W mod, replaceable battery, comes with a tank, looks stylish as hell, for only 55$???? that price is like seriously unbelieveable, like seriously... like SERIOUSLY, i am SERIOUSLY thinking maybe kangertech is going evil, selling off these cool looking duds that dont work in mass or we dont even get in preorder, then going to run away with our money.

Is this real life? :w00t:

Are you serious :lol:

Yes good deal and much better than ordering from slowtech ;)

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
    I think the channels are gone if you go to 4:12ish in the vid i posted gives a pretty clear shot of the rba i dont see them under the new wick hole. I was hoping they do something with the deck channels honestly since it will take the tank dry through those ones. Im just in shock thats how they answered the high vg wicking issues never would of thought they bore a hole out the side. Can make some beastly vertical coils now with those holes like that . I cant really knock it till i try it i still got my old rba sections if i dont like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread