Status
Not open for further replies.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Dollar Tree (except in Maine, where they only sell rolls...)
Assured Sterile Gauze Pads, 15-ct. Boxes
SKU#:
I went to Dollar Tree here in Gray and they had the individually packaged pads in the box! looks just like the picture from Cheech!

when you unfold the pad, there's like 12 or 16 squares or something.. I count 6 lines within the square, cut, repeat.. get about 8 strips per square! I use the entire strip to wrap around twice. (when I get downstairs, I'll snap a pic)

as for coils, I've used 8 contact wraps 28g on a 16g needle for 1.2ohms, and 6 slightly spaced wraps 30g on a 16g needle for 1.5ohms.

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
I went to Dollar Tree here in Gray and they had the individually packaged pads in the box! looks just like the picture from Cheech!

when you unfold the pad, there's like 12 or 16 squares or something.. I count 6 lines within the square, cut, repeat.. get about 8 strips per square! I use the entire strip to wrap around twice. (when I get downstairs, I'll snap a pic)

as for coils, I've used 8 contact wraps 28g on a 16g needle for 1.2ohms, and 6 slightly spaced wraps 30g on a 16g needle for 1.5ohms.
I stand corrected. I guess Dollar Tree stocks more high end merchandise in the part of Maine that has people in it year round. Black Labs and old curmudgeons have to make do with rolls of gauze, or whatever Reny's has on offer.

Thanks for the good instructions.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona

I hope you found the Air tanks shine even brighter with the rebuilt coils!
Now you can sees how one box of gauze can last a lo-o-o-o-ng time. :lol:
I found it is easier to cut the strips from the folded pad too.
Looking forward to the pics!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I stand corrected. I guess Dollar Tree stocks more high end merchandise in the part of Maine that has people in it year round. Black Labs and old curmudgeons have to make do with rolls of gauze, or whatever Reny's has on offer.

Thanks for the good instructions.
You pay for the beauty and isolation...:D

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I hope you found the Air tanks shine even brighter with the rebuilt coils!
Now you can sees how one box of gauze can last a lo-o-o-o-ng time. :lol:
I found it is easier to cut the strips from the folded pad too.
Looking forward to the pics!
I've got a Dollar Store a mile from my house, but I already bought the McKesson pads. I hope I live long enough to use them all. I've used a piece of one so far, only 199 more to go!

I saw where the eGrip has an RBA base now. No, it won't work for the GS Airs, it's a whole different base that screws in, but great if you already have an eGrip. The eGo One CLR heads look good, seem to alleviate many of the problems of the original coils. It is EXACTLY like rebuilding a Kanger single bottom coil, only the top screws on and off. Looks good enough that I ordered a tank and a pack of CLR's. A friend of mine has one with the old coils, and even the 1ohm coil guzzles juice when it's not leaking and gurgling. I plan on building the same coil as I do for the GS, and hope it works as well. We shall see...

I also ordered a Taifun frankenclone from the Slow Boat from China and a mech mod to play around with. Should be fun for around the house or riding in the car, but it's a fat ......., never be the pocket buddy my MS is.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
You pay for the beauty and isolation...:D
True. But the moose and ermine come at no charge.

Good morning Airheads!

moosedm2003_468x440.jpg

ermine_winter_pelage_juneau_tim_mcleod_adfg.jpg

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
have fun, nanny! ;)

but first things first

:banana::toast::bday::toast::banana: IMRS

Happy Birthday, IMRs!!!!! You are a great pal and mean so much to all of us here!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!
4657e86bc8741a6814c720564a6dbecc.jpg

And I found this just for you!
4270476_orig.jpg

And here's your cake!!!
c3198c918b4e49533adf9e70f9a0849b.jpg

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
I also ordered a Taifun frankenclone from the Slow Boat from China and a mech mod to play around with. Should be fun for around the house or riding in the car, but it's a fat *******, never be the pocket buddy my MS is.
Ruh Roh! Expletive deleted! ( Hangs head in apparent shame while giggling surreptitiously. ) Shouldn't post when it's past my bedtime.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
I'm going to debut the new GS Air rebuilding video!
Re-shot and more concise than before with better annotations.
A great big thank you to IMRs! The man has more patience than a Saint! He put some music on it I hope you enjoy...

Again, Thank you IMRs!

Nice redo... thanks!

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
have fun, nanny! ;)

but first things first

:banana::toast::bday::toast::banana: IMRS

Happy Birthday, IMRs!!!!! You are a great pal and mean so much to all of us here!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!
4657e86bc8741a6814c720564a6dbecc.jpg

And I found this just for you!
4270476_orig.jpg

And here's your cake!!!
c3198c918b4e49533adf9e70f9a0849b.jpg

Happy Birthday IMRs!!!:bday: :banana:

A very Happy Birthday to IMRs!
happy_birthday_to_you.jpg

Happy Birthday IMRs!
:banana::bday::banana:

Imágenes-de-feliz-cumpleaños-de-dibujos-animados-3.jpg

gifs-animados-aniversario-15.gif
and Happy Birthday!

Happy happy birthday IMRs :)

IMRs, we heard you wanted something Brazilian, like Giselle Bündchen,
buin3.jpg

so we contacted our guys in Rio de Janeiro. They sent this...

WOW, this is better than my 50th!
vape (chair).gif
Thanks so much all wonderful Tootle Puffers & Puffettes!! Too Kind!! :laugh:
This is actually a pleasant surprise!! Lots o' Love in here!! :wub: Thanks again!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread