Help me with my next purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
So finally i got a decent amount of money to spend on a mod. Im torn between a reo grand or a vaporshark dna not sure which i would enjoy more bottom feed or temp control. Right now i have a sigelei 50w with a subtank mini which i loves alot. I have some drippers but i dont get the flavor from them i get in the subtank i think i need to practice building them. I keep hearing drippers are top notch flavor but i have yet to get it. I got the Ehpro Atomic its nice but im missing something but thats another story in its self. Anyways thats whats holding me back from the reo is the rda i cant get the flavor im use too. And my problem with the vaporshark is im worried about its durability will it last awhile. I know the reo will live longer than me but will the vaporshark live atleast a few years?

Last edited:

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
I got a Reo and a vaporflask. I say skip temp control from Evolv aka DNA40 until they improve on the tech a bit more. They are using people as a beta test tbh..

Though these two mods you are trying to compare are so different its hard to make a valid point. Oh and the reason you cant get flavor is probably your build, mind posting exactly what it is? Ideally with pictures?

Reactions: jrlakeman

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Why don't you go with one of the bottom fed DNA 40 Vapor Flask's? Best of both worlds.

Because it's more of a worst of both worlds.

1) Bottle is much harder to press to squonk
2) Bottle is a hassle to install and refill (worst offender in this catagory of squonkers)
3) Good luck cleaning the mod in case of any spills
4) 1 Battery instead of 2 that made the VF very desirable in my opinion
5) Costs much more

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Because it's more of a worst of both worlds.

1) Bottle is much harder to press to squonk
2) Bottle is a hassle to install and refill (worst offender in this catagory of squonkers)
3) Good luck cleaning the mod in case of any spills
4) 1 Battery instead of 2 that made the VF very desirable in my opinion
5) Costs much more

Yeah... I wasn't really being serious. It's over $300... Although, those that can afford it seem to enjoy it based off the reviews I read. Yours is the first negative one I've seen.

In an actual serious suggestion, someone on this forum bought a reo and converted it to DNA40. The project seemed very successful. Might be something to look into.

Overall, I would go with the Reo. Temp control still needs some refinement. Plus, SuperXDrifter made a video of him throwing his reo off 25 ft deck directly onto a propane tank about 50ft away, twice, and played hockey with it. It still worked flawlessly.

Last edited:

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Learn to get the most from that dripper, they are your friend! Of those two options I gotta vote for a REO. That mod is likely to out live you. I own one, I definitely get why so many love it. Though you should ask yourself are you responsible enough for a mech( monitoring your batteries and resistances). For me I found the squonking to be to slow to keep up with my chain vaping. Also if you dislike it the resell on those is pretty solid so minimal loss.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
I got a Reo and a vaporflask. I say skip temp control from Evolv aka DNA40 until they improve on the tech a bit more. They are using people as a beta test tbh..

Though these two mods you are trying to compare are so different its hard to make a valid point. Oh and the reason you cant get flavor is probably your build, mind posting exactly what it is? Ideally with pictures?
Im sure its my building thats off ill get some pics together after work. My coil positioning seems off i get a airy vape not much cloud density. Ill get those picks up sooon as i get home.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
I think im gonna take the reo advice and let the temp technology advance a lil more as i cant get exspensive purchases often. I havent really messed with drippers to much as i dont like to take the time to drip. The subtank just so much easier when im not home so its became my goto even at home now. The bottom feed absolutly fascinates me with a squeeze im good to go especially on the atomic which i have to drip so much its painful as it doesnt hold more than a few drops.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
@TKS Are my coils sitting to high i was shooting the air under the coil in between the wick tails. The majority of the coil sitting above the air hole. I tried to get pictures up but im also in need of a new phone closes out and locks up. My build is a single 26g 5 wraps around 2.4m screwdriver at .6 ohms wicked with kgd so the ends mopping the deck.

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I would suggest as long as your Sigelei is working and you like it work on your coil building and get a atty your happy with first. Changing or upgrading the power source as long as the current one is reliable and and up for the job isn't going to change anything, a well designed rebuildable with the right coil build will change everything.

Reactions: dionysuskiss

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I would suggest as long as your Sigelei is working and you like it work on your coil building and get a atty your happy with first. Changing or upgrading the power source as long as the current one is reliable and and up for the job isn't going to change anything, a well designed rebuildable with the right coil build will change everything.
I agree. Wait until your coil building has improved, before spending money on another mod. A good build is just as important, if not more, then your power source. Especially, if you are looking at getting a mech mod.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Dont bother with a vaporshark, the build quality and durability of the finish is worse then a lot of clones i've used, the warranty is only 5 months, yet the price tag is that of a high end device. The Reo is a lot of money for a mechanical squonker, i don't see the appeal personally.

I recommend the SX Mini M Class - it's better looking, durable, better finish quality, perfect 510, nice clear screen, very capable and feature rich chip, working temp control with no resistance fluctuations like DNA40 devices (prior to the V5), 1 year warranty, and all for the same price of the VS if not a little bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread