Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
24g9kqw.jpg

(pic from qorax erl thread)
It's the same as the ones for the fill ports in the top plate - 3x1 mm
There's an oring under the coil? I don't ever remember seeing that.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Almost surprising this isn't more common.
The sides/threads of the 510 post have flat spots ground into them to fit - looks to be done by hand, so inconsistent.
1 of my clones needed a quick file to get it to fit smoothly.
You might try vise grips. And/or put in freezer, then pour hot water on the outside. (cold inside small/hot outside big)
I spun the orientation of the post by 90 degrees to reduce the airflow/improve flavor from having the AFC ring removed.
View attachment 459360
I've never tried the freezer, but I have tried many other methods and can't get that 510 piece out. The way I figured it, it still works though wobbly. Messing up the threads, and it no work no more. :( So I gave up. Like I said, it's 1 of 3...and I just got the EK 4ml glass one with outer afc, nicer build quality but no more air flow which is what I wanted.

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
I may have found some. I don't have them in my possession yet, but I do have 2 chimneys and one chimney/tank kit on order. The seller is showing about 100 in stock for each. Film at eleven...

Thanks, i've placed an order. Will let you all know if it is legit.

Thinking of 3 possible things:
1) The suggestion of checking the o-ring is a good one. Here's a pic:
View attachment 459201

There is one at the bottom of de positive portion of the build deck, like in the photo. But I also inserted an extra ring in the actual 510 connector.

Um... I a bit confused here. I just unscrewed the 510 pin (took it out) and then took out the silicone insulator/plug where the pin was. We're talking about the bottom of the atty--I haven't taken the building deck apart at all. Not sure where this extra o-ring would go. I thought Richu suggested inserting an o-ring right there, before putting the plug and the pin back in. Sorry I'm so dense. :facepalm:

No need, you understood me perfectly :)

Ah... this:
View attachment 459205
Removing the white insulator on the 510 post piece would be difficult on all of mine... they are.. snug... like glued in.
Checking/lubing the oring I pictured earlier couldn't hurt. Is it even there? hehe.

Is this a clone converted to nano? The (complete) mini FT used to sell had a different insulator.

There's an o-ring there on your Erlk??? :shock: No o-ring here--I took my deck apart. What size is that o-ring? Can you tell? 3 mm? 4 mm? And my silicone plug is not very snug at all and I can easily unscrew it. Weird.

Yes, there should be a 3x1 o-ring.

O ring there? Really? My erlprinz doesn't have an O-ring there

I don't know the prinz personally, but I know it's different form the konigin. Maybe this is one of those differences.

There's an oring under the coil? I don't ever remember seeing that.

Again, there needs to be.

[/edit]

Ohh, before I forget, I've found the 3x1 rings (among others) the erl uses on ebay.
PM me for the link, don't know if it's allowed here.

Reactions: Katya

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'm a little lost. The oring under the coil, does that go like inside? Like around the air tube? Has anyone posted pictures showing its placement beside that oring guide? I've taken my other 2 apart several times and there is a insulator but no oring. And when built with the right amount of cotton no leaking, but if I'm missing something I need to know.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm a little lost. The oring under the coil, does that go like inside? Like around the air tube? Has anyone posted pictures showing its placement beside that oring guide? I've taken my other 2 apart several times and there is a insulator but no oring. And when built with the right amount of cotton no leaking, but if I'm missing something I need to know.

Look at capthook's picture again:

aa12-jpg.459201

First, take you deck apart. Once you remove the positive block, do you see a tiny groove around the center air hole (in the middle of the building deck)? That's where this o-ring should sit. The o-ring sits just under the plastic insulator, on the pin. When you reinstall the block, the ring should be positioned inside that groove, above the building deck.

Now Richu added another o-ring, on the same pin, but it's inserted from the bottom, directly into the 510 post... So you have now two o-rings, above and below the air hole on the building deck, on the same pin.

Was that helpful at all? :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Again, there needs to be.

[/edit]

Ohh, before I forget, I've found the 3x1 rings (among others) the erl uses on ebay.
PM me for the link, don't know if it's allowed here.

Thanks--I tried to add one of those spare o-rings that came with my nano kit and it just disintegrated on its journey up the post... Ripped in half. I'm going to have to order some better o-rings for my atties and I found a great site--you can buy any size o-rings in small quantities:

1.0mm CS : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!

BTW--I'm sure it's OK to post a link to an eBay seller; people do it the time.

Thanks for your help, again!

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Reactions: Richu75

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Is this a clone converted to nano? The (complete) mini FT used to sell had a different insulator.

Yes. The full nano unit was discontinued while I sat and waited - ha!
So I got the chimney/poly tank combo before it was also discontinued.
Sounds like that insulator is a bugger.
I actually prefer the full Erl - I don't use the nano setup much.
I love the warm, full, rich, saturated vape of the Erl, the nano is a bit too warm in comparison.
And the small juice capacity is a bit of a hassle.
The full Erl is plenty small and light - especially compared to my K4!

Thanks--I tried to add one of those spare o-rings that came with my nano kit and it just disintegrated on its journey up the post... Ripped in half. I'm going to have to order some better o-rings for my atties and I found a great site--you can buy any size o-rings in small quantities:

1.0mm CS : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!

BTW--I'm sure it's OK to post a link to an eBay seller; people do it the time.

Thanks for your help, again!

FYI - Below are the properties for Silicone & Buna-N 70 O-Rings (from the O-Ring Store site)

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Pretty disappointing for those who want a nano kit :(

Ain't it the truth... I wish the Erlk had caught on bigger. I think the finicky wicking garnered it a bad rep. My 1:1 Erlk is clearly my favorite atomizer. Many of the big reviewers never experienced its potential because they didn't live with it long enough to perfect the build. In Rip's review, he stated he would post a build for the Erlk that never materialized. The only things worth critiquing are perhaps the awkward AFC location and shortish 510.

Of course, if we really like the Erlk, the authentic units and parts are still available, along with the Erlprinz. While on the pricy side, we simply have to decide if we like the Erlk enough to pay the authentic prices. Some may never like a device that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread