arctic sub ohm tank help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr8mods

May 12, 2015
Ive found that if you take the drip style tip off the wistle tends to go away. I got this tank for free and i want to mainly use it for times i dont want to drip. However it poses as no use for me if it lacks the air flow i desire. Its a great subtank dont get me wrong, but i think im gonna sell this one because it just isnt as good as most reviews claim them to be imho.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
So im trying really hard to like this tank. Its an awesome design, however loke many of the tanks ive tried it still feels like im sucking through a coffee straw. Any suggestions on how to get better airflow? Thanks!
REALLY !!!!!! This is the most breathable tank on the market. You might have a bad 1. With the 4 air intake ports wide open I can breath through it. If your running straight VG its good to close up the ports to (4 small) with lower wattage so as not to get a dry hit.
VapeOn

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Ive found that if you take the drip style tip off the wistle tends to go away. I got this tank for free and i want to mainly use it for times i dont want to drip. However it poses as no use for me if it lacks the air flow i desire. Its a great subtank dont get me wrong, but i think im gonna sell this one because it just isnt as good as most reviews claim them to be imho.
I've found the wistle goes away if you push the button 1 second before you hit on it.
VapeOn

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I had this tank and while I am not saying it's as great as it was made out to be, or even as great as I initially thought it to be, the airflow is far from tight. This is not really an opinion thing, unless we are comparing it to, well, I don't know what it would be tight compared to -- not even regular ol' breathing. I'm saying! A coffee straw? There is something either clogged in your tank or closed off.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I n
Well i wasn't doing anything wrong i had to get used to it because i mostly use customized rda's. But now I cant put it down lol. It has different flavor notes its great. Oh and it was max vg at first due to the fact thats what i drip, but nowim ar a 60vg 40pg mix and its great.

I didn't think you were doing anything wrong, but I still can't see how a coffee straw could ever be compared to that airflow, no matter what you vape with. Glad it's working for you though. Just be careful of the coil heads. They can be inconsistent (last time I checked). But I guess that's the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
@Mr.Mann so right you are.and i found i had to figure out the air flow. Its definitely different compared to what I'm used to, on the other hand i went and bought 3 more lol.

Yeah, I remember my first encounter with the Arctic it felt absolutely AMAZING! For real. I went though so much liquid it wasn't even funny. But after a string of bad coils, I gave up on it becasue it wasn't tastin' like I knew it should (it stayed tasting burnt! Maybe they've gotten better QC on their heads now?). Hope you have the best of luck with your heads -- that's what will mae or break the vape, but the tank itself is proper!

I had this tank and while I am not saying it's as great as it was made out to be, or even as great as I initially thought it to be, the airflow is far from tight. This is not really an opinion thing, unless we are comparing it to, well, I don't know what it would be tight compared to -- not even regular ol' breathing. I'm saying! A coffee straw? There is something either clogged in your tank or closed off.
I have Youde's Goblin, Goliath AND the Cthuhlu RTA - All of which have ridiculous airflow - and to be honest, I had to close off most of the airflow on the Arctic!! (and open the driptip afc a little)
Now my RTAs, miles of wire, and bales of cotton are all put away in my Zombie Apocalypse Box.
My hobby used to be building coils... now it's making juice to keep up with this thirsty little beast! And I only hit it at 30-35W on my iStick 50 (.2 coil)

I have a Starre on the way as well... can't wait to compare!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have Youde's Goblin, Goliath AND the Cthuhlu RTA - All of which have ridiculous airflow - and to be honest, I had to close off most of the airflow on the Arctic!! (and open the driptip afc a little)
Now my RTAs, miles of wire, and bales of cotton are all put away in my Zombie Apocalypse Box.
My hobby used to be building coils... now it's making juice to keep up with this thirsty little beast! And I only hit it at 30-35W on my iStick 50 (.2 coil)

I have a Starre on the way as well... can't wait to compare!

Just a tip: get a Crown by Uwell also. I know, I know, it's been said before. But this one is the real deal! Look into the specs and reviews. I am simply floored by it and selling off my tanks that I *thought* were the best. The RBA deck is in the works too.

Just a tip: get a Crown by Uwell also. I know, I know, it's been said before. But this one is the real deal! Look into the specs and reviews. I am simply floored by it and selling off my tanks that I *thought* were the best. The RBA deck is in the works too.

Sounds interesting. I'll dig around and get the scoop on the Crown - I've heard some good things but didn't pay too close attention at the time....
I was looking at the Anyvape RBA for use in the Starre (when I get it) - since it fits the Atlantis, it'll fit the Starre....

BTW - for anyone looking for inexpensive coils for the Arctic - I found this tonight: $5.15 - 5pcs Bottom Turbine Coil Head BTDC 0.2Ohm for Arctic Atomizer - Cigabuy
Cheapest I've found so far though it'll take a freaking month to get them.....

Reactions: Wing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread