Snails - Response on Threads Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Well, that's different. How do you tell? Did they come back or are they gone?

Did you mean it changes the situation from being a "rescue" to something different?

For what it's worth, I've not seen the "him" since Friday. There is a different truck in
the driveway, but no sign of life. Trash is not out at the curb today.

Maybe he's staying somewhere else (meaning no provisions for the cat)?
Maybe he's just holed up in a depression from wife and kid leaving?

For all *I* know, he could have offed himself and there is a rotting bloated corpse in that
house. It's been very warm.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
I guess optimism is a matter of perspective. ;)
Morning Bear.

I really don't care HOW it happens... I just want "him" gone from the house. Nothing but noise and
eyesores and plowing of "his" driveway snow on MY lawn (which is against STATE law, it's NOT a
nuisance "town code" thing).

Last edited:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
On a cherrier note (for CES' benefit)...

The cat is eating like a champ, and drinking and filling her litter box.

Exploring the house.

Almost played with Ty-Grr last night, so no more abject fear on her part.

But she want OUT desperately.

I also forgot what it's like to have a kitten. Unbound energy. It's nice when they settle
down and into a routine.

Last edited:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Will you allow her to go outside?

Not for quite a while, probably NEXT Spring. She needs to learn that THIS is her new home.
All she has to do is see her old "home" across the road and then I may not be able to find
her again. Plus, I don't want (or like) to see ANY animal cross ANY road. It's too dangerous.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
but we're lacking updates on oreo! :(

"Oreo" (at least s/he HAS a name... we don't have one yet * for the new addition) is losing fear
VERY VERY slowly. Right on the deck at the door every morning waiting for a wet-food treat.
Will occasionally lounge in a deck chair. But still zooms away when I open the door.

* I suggested "Abby"... short for "ABandoned". But hus says it makes him think of "Abby Normal"
from Young Frankenstein.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
"Oreo" (at least s/he HAS a name... we don't have one yet * for the new addition) is losing fear
VERY VERY slowly. Right on the deck at the door every morning waiting for a wet-food treat.
Will occasionally lounge in a deck chair. But still zooms away when I open the door.

* I suggested "Abby"... short for "ABandoned". But hus says it makes him think of "Abby Normal"
from Young Frankenstein.

you know, bear, that one of my kittens - callie, the very pretty calico one - acts just about the same way and she was the one i handled most when they were born - go figure :?:

Reactions: SilverBear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread