Evolv Technology Owners Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
The latest dna40 have updated their firmware and adding a resistance lock features.. How about the temp reading or management?
I sometimes get inconsistency when chain vaping, the same juice tank setup is the same, one draw would differ from the last, then the flavor would return...
Didn't think much of it til I saw Busardo's review video on the chip on YouTube.. Seems like the dna40 would 'lose' the temp setting somehow.
Anyone knows anything about this issue?

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Sounds like maybe a wicking issue.... I had a pre-made coil do that too... wicking was too tight and I used a toothpick to poke a hole in the center of the wicking thru the coil... wicking improved....

Ya well could be.. But it's rather hard to determine the actual issue.. But will try it out anyway. Thanz ;)

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Ya well could be.. But it's rather hard to determine the actual issue.. But will try it out anyway. Thanz ;)

Chia,

Most fine tuning of coil/wicks and/or determination of Mod performance ends up being trial and error. With the limited data of what is really happening you just have to make "Best Guess" trials. :2c:

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
So, the rumor is at end of summer or early autumn, wer're looking at a 50 or 60 watt DNA board being released, that's also able to be flashed/upgraded by the end user.

Take with a grain of salt, as I don't have any direct communication or confirmation from Evolv, just heard from a friend, who for the most part, has been correct with this stuff in the past.

Great news if true.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Sounds like maybe a wicking issue.... I had a pre-made coil do that too... wicking was too tight and I used a toothpick to poke a hole in the center of the wicking thru the coil... wicking improved....

Wouldn't it be nice if the DNA40 could show a message on the screen that said Coil Dry or something to let the user know what the problem is so the user could fix it easily? That would be very helpful.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
So, the rumor is at end of summer or early autumn, wer're looking at a 50 or 60 watt DNA board being released, that's also able to be flashed/upgraded by the end user.

Take with a grain of salt, as I don't have any direct communication or confirmation from Evolv, just heard from a friend, who for the most part, has been correct with this stuff in the past.

Great news if true.

Makes sense they would add the update feature, since their tech has already been reverse engineered, not to mention how much time and money the "screen glitch" had to cost everyone involved.

Reactions: RebelGolfer72

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Makes sense they would add the update feature, since their tech has already been reverse engineered, not to mention how much time and money the "screen glitch" had to cost everyone involved.

Yep.... no telling what Evolv is working on... they always have a couple things in the works as they are releasing something... so they always have something in the chain... and seems soon after they release something it gets reverse engineered.....

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
What's a good rta that compliments the rdna 40? As in won't need super crazy watts to put out some nice clouds etc while still maintaining flavour?

On the Vapor Shark, I've been having good results with a Kanger sub-tank mini. Upgraded from a Lemo 1 which I do not recommend. The mini is very easy to rebuild on and get to the deck without draining the tank.
My 2 cents, Happy vaping!

Reactions: retird

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Chia,

Most fine tuning of coil/wicks and/or determination of Mod performance ends up being trial and error. With the limited data of what is really happening you just have to make "Best Guess" trials. :2c:

You said it best on the 'limited data' on what's really happening inside. And yet I see so many heated arguement on the threads..;(
not saying anything is false, but really the readings on the display may be be accurate in the 1st place...

Reactions: HolmanGT

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The new Hana V4 review by Ripp Tripper....

Unfortunately, it looks like the screen issues are still there...sorta.... But at least it's correcting now..

I bet the folks at Evolv are so ready to put this board behind them and start over with the next generation... It's like their "Windows Vista"....

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Unfortunately, it looks like the screen issues are still there...sorta.... But at least it's correcting now..

I bet the folks at Evolv are so ready to put this board behind them and start over with the next generation... It's like their "Windows Vista"....

Now that's funny man, Their Windows Vista....lol. That's exactly what's it's like. Show lots of promise but fails to deliver. Maybe there will be a DNA 7 that rescues their Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread