RDA Flavor chaser RDA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy, i have had nothing better, the flavor is seriously unbelievable

Cool...but what are you comparing it to? Have you tried any of the attys that are mentioned in this thread....specifically the derringer?

Just curious...I'm considering what will be my next purchase.

Riku

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Chicago
Just received a legit Veritas from a friend (I know I owe him big time!) and tossed in a simple 1Ω single coil... it's performing like a dual on my smok M80 Plus. Really impressive.

I have 3 Origen clones and absolutely love them equally. Building coils isn't the easiest thing in the world but it gets better with practice. I now keep the outer caps off of my Origens for increased airflow.

An honorable mention for the Cerberus too, if you fancy 28mm attys. Mine is going to be permanently fixed on a Hades (for the hybrid look and performance) and with a triple coil setup on twisted 30g at 0.6Ω, everything I put into it is delicious.

I have a Derringer clone on its way to me and it won't be here for at least a few weeks, but I'm very much looking forward to putting it to the test!

thanks for the info on the cerberus. i've been eying one out to slap on my hades2 but was curious if it deserved the price tag. guess i can buy a clone but rather not.... and is it even worth purchasing with all the new attys out/coming out that give off great flavor and vapor even with a single coil?

kinda stuck deciding between getting the cerberus for my hades2 or an aeolius/derringer for my smpl, not sure which to get.

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Kennedy, i have had nothing better, the flavor is seriously unbelievable

I actually found the Kennedy, regular and competition, to be lacking flavor. They felt a lot like the freakshow to me personally. Someplace below most of the current flavor atomizers and more in line with offerings like the mutation x.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
For my two cents, small chamber atties with the ability to restrict airflow represent the best flavor vaping available today.
Nothing in the 22mm space including the Derringer compare.
sqpD3ce.jpg

Left to right: Reactor (dual coil), Nuppin, Chalice III, Cyclone, PDA

Remember these are not for cloud chasing.

Reactions: VictorViper

TheJester

Jan 26, 2015
Delaware
I see a lot of people talking about newer RDA's.

I was wondering how people compare the Atomic to some of these newer ones? It's such a small RDA, it seems like it'd be great for flavor.

I currently have tried a marquis, HOBO, and a big dripper. Marquis is my favorite for flavor and I use that the most.The draw can be a little tight for me though so sometimes I switch to the hobo.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I'm surprised there's not more mention of the Aeolus on here. I was thinking about splurging for one -- anyone able to compare it against the Derringer and Marquis? Grimm and Rip both raved about its overall performance, but specifically called out the flavor. I would have pulled the trigger already had their been more of a user base for it.

Aeolus RDA : Copper - Syntheticloud
Probably because there aren't many clones available. I have the authentic and absolutely love this atty. I never want to use anything else.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
My GO TO flavor attys are the Marquis, Veritas and Aeolus. I am very curious on how the Aromamizer performs.

I miss using my Veritas but building it is just so damn frustrating, I don't really bother. With the right builds, you can get great flavor out of almost any atty. =]

Reactions: Mr.Mann
I miss using my Veritas but building it is just so damn frustrating, I don't really bother. With the right builds, you can get great flavor out of almost any atty. =]

I agree 100%! The build is the most important thing for flavor, wires wicks etc. I just started using Drago cotton and have been really impressed with the flavor in comparison to koh gen do and cotton bacon. And the dry hits are surprisingly not that bad.

santoki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My GO TO flavor attys are the Marquis, Veritas and Aeolus. I am very curious on how the Aromamizer performs.

i'm very impressed with mine-surprisingly very good flavor (had suspicions the whole cyclone airflow system was a gimmick but must be doing its job), decent cloud production considering restricted airflow (can still do lung hits, just not as open as im used to), its a bit more open airflow than the magma clone i have. also, there is no worrying about lining up coils for airflow.

best of all (and also the primary reason why i was interested in it) is that it doesnt leak when on its side or overfilled. with minimal amount of juice in it, i can hold it upside down and it wont leak out. the only time i got spitback was when i purposely overfilled it (basically submerging the coils in juice).

i prefer the wide bore drip tip it comes with (legitimate wide bore) since it gives full mouthful of flavor, whereas using the 510 drip tip adapter and a 510 drip tip gives more concentrated flavor (almost too much).

Last edited:

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I don't have any comparisons to offer, but with regard to the Freakshow (mini), a few points:

- Only leaks if you overdrip or futz with the AFC a lot.
- Finicky build with rewarding results
- Impossible to get a tight draw
- Flavour is excellent on dual coils, but...
- It supports single coils but falls flat. This is because...
- The chamber design restricts (dictates) diameter, height and placement of your coils.

That said, it's a lovely cheap RDA and the flavour is wonderful and rich on dual coils. If you don't mind an atty that kind of demands a specific build, you can do worse for more money.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
For my two cents, small chamber atties with the ability to restrict airflow represent the best flavor vaping available today.
Nothing in the 22mm space including the Derringer compare.
sqpD3ce.jpg

Left to right: Reactor (dual coil), Nuppin, Chalice III, Cyclone, PDA

Remember these are not for cloud chasing.

I love the small diameter atties. I hadn't seen the reactor. Anywhere still have a V2 in stock? I'd love to try it out.

I run my A6 and cyclone w/ AFC pretty low for their size. The A6 is drilled with dual 2mm air and I run it at .3-.4 ohm on a mech bottom feeder, the cyclone at .2-.3 ohm. The coils need relatively low mass to keep the top cap from heating. A widebore Teflon tip helps the lips and airflow.

Lord Vaako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
CT
I own almost all of the authentic RDA's out right now (new Hobo coming today btw). The Derringer + Trinity Copa tip on a Sigelei box is easily the best combo so far for me. A few things to note:
  1. Center your coils and rebuild them when they start to show wear.
  2. Don't over pack it with cotton. Leave a little room under each coil so air can get under them.
  3. Use 2 holes on the ring.
  4. The drip tip matters. You want a tight seal.
  5. Don't burn your juice.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Do my eyes deceive me? Is there a second human on the planet using the non-AFC Cyclone? <3

<-- Raises hand

upload_2015-5-26_13-17-33.png

I do tend to favor the small chamber RDAs, yet I also have love for the Odin and Magma. Magma is great on flavor, but it can get a little juicy outside. My favorites are the Nuppin', Magma, Cyclone, and Veritas.

I have a Zenith V2, but haven't used it much lately. Probably because I spent the time to put a Twisted Messes Zipper coil in it for fun. It IS fun to fire up now & again, but not every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread