billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
i have been searching for over a year now, but have not had any luck if finding a replacement for my beloved Ikenvape RY4 VG. does anyone here have a viable alternative or clone to this RY4? i really like the nutty tones.

IKV RY4 Gold was re-stocked recently at Ikenvape in both PG (70/30) and VG (30/70) blends. The VG blend is available right now on the Ikenvape web site, but only in 18mg and 24mg nic strengths---the 10mg nic option has already sold out.

being11

Aug 2, 2013
SEATTLE, WA
IKV RY4 Gold was re-stocked recently at Ikenvape in both PG (70/30) and VG (30/70) blends. The VG blend is available right now on the Ikenvape web site, but only in 18mg and 24mg nic strengths---the 10mg nic option has already sold out.
Yes thank you. I saw that. Unfortunately the 18 mg is too high of nic level for me. I bought some last round and thinned it out with VG but it mutes flavor.
I am trying to find a suitable replacement in case there is long delay for them to re-fill their inventory.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
i have been searching for over a year now, but have not had any luck if finding a replacement for my beloved Ikenvape RY4 VG. does anyone here have a viable alternative or clone to this RY4? i really like the nutty tones.

You could try the China super concentrated RY4 it's close. Bull city has it or even Hanseng Tab.

Reactions: being11

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I got in some pirate today and it's different this time :( it's clear and just doesn't have that kick my first bottle had which was darker. Maybe because I got zero nic to add my own but did not think it would make that big of a difference, anyways it's still really good.

Yeah, in terms of throat hit or kick, vaping zero nic is like the proverbial "kissin' your sister." No throat hit at all. Apparently 100% of the kick of ejuice comes directly from the nicotine.

Now that I vape mostly 3mg or even less, I'm amazed that I vaped 24mg for so many years. The few times I've tried recently to vape one of my old 24mg juices, the first draw feels like a mule kick to the head, the second makes me dizzy, and by the third draw I'm starting to feel slightly nauseous. The fact that I'm now warming to the idea of zero nic juices for direct-lung inhaling is equally amazing.

Also, liquid nic seems to cause the color change (to light gold or pale tan) for many juices that are clear without nicotine. When I buy retail juices these days, I order either 3mg nic or (more often) zero nic (to which I will add my own nic from 1-3mg). Most of the zero-nic bottles contain clear, colorless liquid when they arrive. The four 50ml bottles of Hangsen RY4 and Pirate RY4 I ordered from fasttech to cut/Frankenjuice other, high-nic bottles of RY4 in my stash are all completely clear.

Reactions: Metal Storm

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
The Perfumer's Apprentice RY4 Double and Want2Vape RY4 meld nicely. TPA brings a little brightness to W2V and conversely, the caramel of TPA is enhanced by the darker notes of that in W2V.

Cool,

That doesn't surprise me at all. Leave it to you to come up with the new DIY Hybrid RY4 Frankenjuice. Congrats! You win the "Gregor Mendel of Vaping" award. (And I mean that in the nicest way...) We can call the award statue "the Genie." LOL.

I'm about out of TPA/TFA RY4 Double. I'm considering replacing as offered in the recipe above with Azure Vaping's RY4.5.

...any thoughts to share?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I'm about out of TPA/TFA RY4 Double. I'm considering replacing as offered in the recipe above with Azure Vaping's RY4.5.

...any thoughts to share?

Cool,

I've gone back and forth about AzureVaping RY4.5 since it came out a couple years ago. On the one hand, I really want to like it. After the almost perverse oddness of Azure's original RY4 (back in the days when the vendor was called BlueMist), I felt that Rob (if I recall correctly, that's the name of the man who owns/runs AzureVaping) was making a very sincere effort to please customers who wanted an RY4 that was more in the traditional mold. And yet, there's something about RY4.5 that I've never loved. Something in the overall flavor profile seems off to me. Whatever that is, I don't end up vaping much RY4.5. It's not bad, just not my particular cup of tea.

I think a 1:1 Frankenmix of w2v RY4 with AzureVaping RY4.5 is a fine experiment, if a somewhat iffy proposition. I'd suggest trying it in a very small quantity, however, like a 3ml bottle (LOL). Azure RY4.5 will certainly liven up w2v RY4, but I'm not sure that w2v RY4 will be able to drag Azure RY4.5 back into the recognizable RY4 fold.

Please let us know your reaction.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Bill,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I understand your preference for the Classic end of the spectrum. I like the boldness that can be found in some Custom varieties. While a mix of RY4.5 and W2V RY4 might not even meet some aspects of an RY4 profile, I may find it potentially interesting. With RY4.5's slant towards Vanilla and W2V RY4's emphasis on Caramel, the mix may need a little punching up in the Tobacco realm.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Bill,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I understand your preference for the Classic end of the spectrum. I like the boldness that can be found in some Custom varieties. While a mix of RY4.5 and W2V RY4 might not even meet some aspects of an RY4 profile, I may find it potentially interesting. With RY4.5's slant towards Vanilla and W2V RY4's emphasis on Caramel, the mix may need a little punching up in the Tobacco realm.

Looks like you're on the case, with all the expertise needed.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Absolutely missing from this list "RY4 Special" from Mystic Juice.

Oh, lots of retail RY4s haven't been reviewed on the thread and are missing from the list. As a pure guess, I'd imagine that there must be at least 50 retail RY4s that aren't on the list, and maybe 100. The reason is simple: I'm only one guy, and this thread isn't what you'd call a paying job. Over the four years of this thread, I've reviewed more than 160 retail RY4s---95% of which I bought and paid for out of my own pocket, literally shelling out $1500 for RY4s. Add to that another couple hundred bucks in RY4 all-in-one DIY flavorings, and that's a lot of money for someone who isn't particularly well off financially.

My original intention/hope for the thread was that many people would post reviews of RY4s here, and then I could just compile and maintain The Big RY4 List, but that simply didn't happen. So, I ended up doing the vast majority of reviews.

I'm not complaining---it's been great fun and a labor of love, and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I've probably vaped more RY4s than anyone on the planet. I've certainly written more about the history of RY4 and posted more reviews than anyone else. But it's getting to be time for me to move on.

If you like an RY4 that's not on The Big List, please post a review on the thread. I'll add the RY4 to the list with a vendor link and a link to your review, for which you'll get credit by name.

Oh, lots of retail RY4s haven't been reviewed on the thread and are missing from the list. As a pure guess, I'd imagine that there must be at least 50 retail RY4s that aren't on the list, and maybe 100. The reason is simple: I'm only one guy, and this thread isn't what you'd call a paying job. Over the four years of this thread, I've reviewed more than 160 retail RY4s---95% of which I bought and paid for out of my own pocket, literally shelling out $1500 for RY4s. Add to that another couple hundred bucks in RY4 all-in-one DIY flavorings, and that's a lot of money for someone who isn't particularly well off financially.

My original intention/hope for the thread was that many people would post reviews of RY4s here, and then I could just compile and maintain The Big RY4 List, but that simply didn't happen. So, I ended up doing the vast majority of reviews.

I'm not complaining---it's been great fun and a labor of love, and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I've probably vaped more RY4s than anyone on the planet. I've certainly written more about the history of RY4 and posted more reviews than anyone else. But it's getting to be time for me to move on.

If you like an RY4 that's not on The Big List, please post a review on the thread. I'll add the RY4 to the list with a vendor link and a link to your review, for which you'll get credit by name.

That "The Big RY4 List" sounds really good! too bad it did not happen :/
I'm gonna a make a review then, about the liquid what I mentioned before. I think you must try that one.
There're lots of reviewers just like you who not paid for the reviews, but the manufacturers or vendors send them free samples and only thing they are asking just honest reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread