SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Sometimes the not having the ability to push updates means you get stuck with less mature software that you can't upgrade, and the manufacturer won't support at any given time.
Fixed that for you with the boldface inserted text.

Yes, this software release for the SX is less than perfect, as were some of the versions for the DNA40... As such, I know YiHi will be eventually releasing updated flash for their boards....as for Evolv, I have 1 DNA40 board with a very old firmware rev that is great, and I also have a newer one that is borderline useless that neither VaporShark nor Evolv are willing to address for me....and I can't upgrade those myself!

Reactions: bullhcr

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Quantum,

I can identify with you anxiety during a firmware upgrade. They tend to be a one-way street. But pulling the battery (which I will do next time) never crossed my mind. Most every firmware upgrade I have ever done came with the warning "Make sure you battery is fully charged" - go figure.

It gets worse

This morning found I had forgot to charge all my batteries
Chucked 1 on fast charge whilst I got ready for work and managed 4.1v
Thought would top it up in the motor before using so gave it another hour through the cigarette lighter socket
Unplugged and tried to use - low battery !
Removed atty and switched to power mode
Battery meter shows empty but volts shows 4.2v
Switch off/on still the same
Pulled battery and rebooted, still the same
With panic now setting in and the thought of being stuck with an ecig from the petrol garage I pulled the battery again
Left it until I reached the next filling station, pulled in and chucked the battery back in
Rebooted with all fingers, toes and legs crossed
It fired up and battery volts and meter now both showed full
Chucked my atty back on and all working

So far with the reboot issues have had, the battery meter and the powerful+ now coming before powerful
Think we need another update and fast

Lost confidence in this now and will be carrying old faithful with me as back up from now on Provari 2.5

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, just noting that Eco mode seems to work in that I just got 23600J out of my VTC5 instead of the usual 20500 (15% increase?). Will see if this continues with the second battery I use in this device.
your doing better than me even before eco mode
Am lucky if I get 19000J from a Samsung 25r
On my 1st battery since upgrade & switching to eco so we will see
Oh & that's if the device lasts that long now before crashing again :)

Reactions: WideO

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Seriously, what is Yihi doing?

So now I go to the SXmini M Class manufacturers,SXmini M Class exporters,SXmini M Class suppliers,SXmini M Class OEM service. page and scroll to the bottom in the downloads page and there is a new 'original' 1.4 firmware, except, the original firmware was 1.31...

They really need to get some quality control going on.

For those that want to use soft or powerful, we are destined to have our displays stay on for a minute, its absurd. Eco is completely unnecessary.

I dont need, and I dont care about memory settings, I can press the button for a few seconds to change my Joules if I need to, not to mention that its absurd the memory setting doesnt save the temperature, making memory settings absolutely useless.

Seriously, if they simply provided a setting to increment temp and watts / joules by x amount, it would make changing these settings much faster. Seriously, who needs 13.3 watts at 421 degrees? Make a setting that allows watts / joules to be increased in a user specified .1, .2, .5, or 1 increments and temperature in 1, 2, or 5 degree increments.

Also, the Cel vs Far setting should be moved in the menu, I should change my watts / joules, change my temp, then have the exit menu, no one needs to change that setting every time they change their watts / joules / temps.

Little,

I believe most post I have seen said their original firmware was V1.4 I know mine was.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Little,

I believe most post I have seen said their original firmware was V1.4 I know mine was.
Yeah, 1.4 is the Original Firmware.

221399c021168bd8cffd85f6d2a929f0.jpg

The new ones are 2.1

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

Reactions: Vlad1

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well mine seems to be working well this am. I turn them off at night and not wanting to see the battery bug again I switched them both to standard mode before shutting off. Gravity sensor is turned off display set to auto and that works. The only thing I notice now is it seems to be a lot warmer then before. I am running at 380 I like a weaker vape first thing in the am used to be 395 and am using 14J. This update definately needs an update. But all in all it works sort of.

Reactions: PapaPro

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Watch these great guys giving some great advise. Around 18 mins into the video they talk about the M Class updates and why there are two. It seems it's for saftey reasons and both are the same. Plus some good battery and Ni2000 advise. I wondering if Ni200 hard is hype :(

Link

Papa,

I don't like those guys so I won't watch the video. But if you are talking about tempered Ni200 YES it is very cool and more like Kanthal to work with - you will like it.

That said I have been buying 26 Ga Ni200 from Temco and it is harder than any other Ni200 I have used and really makes life easy. No the 26 Ga doesn't take a long time to heat up. I notice no difference between it and 28 Ga. It is certainly worth trying.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Papa,

I don't like those guys so I won't watch the video. But if you are talking about tempered Ni200 YES it is very cool and more like Kanthal to work with - you will like it.

That said I have been buying 26 Ga Ni200 from Temco and it is harder than any other Ni200 I have used and really makes life easy. No the 26 Ga doesn't take a long time to heat up. I notice no difference between it and 28 Ga. It is certainly worth trying.
You know I used to like Kidney Puncher the owner is a neighbor of my sis in law. No it seems as if they have jacked their prices and I don't do business with them anymore.

Reactions: dems86

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
My guess is that folks noticing it firing hotter/cooler than before at the same settings either did not pair a room temperature atty with the device at room temperature after updating the device (or possibly was not paired properly before the update and they did pair it correctly afterwards).

Not belittling anyone who makes the mistake..coming off of DNA40 devices it's easy to "forget" that the SX doesn't automatically pair with temp control devices.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Papa,

I'll summarize for you...the guy has major struggles with LV's tempered nickel, but no issues with his regular annealed...one person's experience of course.

Also, it sounds like LV tempered is different than SV tempered (which I think is what most of us have since they were the first and only for a long while). I'd like to see some specifics on that claim, but considering I haven't heard anyone have issues with SV tempered, it could very well be true (there are different levels of tempered, so perhaps ones is better than another).

I gotta snag some of that Temco 26ga nickel after your recommendation there, Temco are super close to where I live so free shipping on eBay gets it here super quick :)

THE WGU CLUB

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaPro

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
You know I used to like Kidney Puncher the owner is a neighbor of my sis in law. No it seems as if they have jacked their prices and I don't do business with them anymore.
Yeah, I've noticed their bleh pricing for a while now.

They will list something as being discounted and it will be the same price or more than everywhere else (ie, the listed retail).

Anytime something popular and new, like the M-Class, expect to pay at least $10 more (except its on "sale").

I can't stand those kind of pricing tactics

THE WGU CLUB

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I'll summarize for you...the guy has major struggles with LV's tempered nickel, but no issues with his regular annealed...one person's experience of course.

Also, it sounds like LV tempered is different than SV tempered (which I think is what most of us have since they were the first and only for a long while). I'd like to see some specifics on that claim, but considering I haven't heard anyone have issues with SV tempered, it could very well be true (there are different levels of tempered, so perhaps ones is better than another).

I gotta snag some of that Temco 26ga nickel after your recommendation there, Temco are super close to where I live so it and the free shipping on eBay gets here super quick :)

THE WGU CLUB

dems86,

I can almost guarantee you will like the 26 Ga Temco. With 28 and smaller I find myself avoiding new coil building. With the 26 Ga Temco I don't even give a rebuild a second thought - it is just duck-soup. ;)

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

I gotta snag some of that Temco 26ga nickel after your recommendation there, Temco are super close to where I live so free shipping on eBay gets it here super quick :)

THE WGU CLUB
His struggles are around it coming up a lot lower resistance than he expects. My first guess is that he is making contact coils, and the new wire isn't as oxidized as the SV stuff we all use. I'd like to see a fair apples to apples comparison (I.e. Spaced coil, same wraps same coil former and same atty

Reactions: dems86

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Watch these great guys giving some great advise. Around 18 mins into the video they talk about the M Class updates and why there are two. It seems it's for saftey reasons and both are the same. Plus some good battery and Ni2000 advise. I wondering if Ni200 hard is hype :(

Link <edited>

Well, at 18 minutes, they're talking about Lightning Vapes tempered nickel which kind of worries me since I ordered some 28g tempered as my first spool of nickel. I'll give it a shot when everything gets here, though.

Wow, two hours of video chat? Based on your post, I just jumped from 18:00 to 28:00 to 38:00 and found them talking about the SX update there.

ETA: Linke cued up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread