Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Not yet on the em. It's still a few weeks out of production. I'm curious about this atty too man it looks sweet!

Eta I caved and ordered a black delrin leroux. I'll try it on my rogue and rem. If I fall on love I'll get a bunch off you tom. It looks like an amazing tip. The Helmut is nice too. Looks like a great company
Lol... I didn't get them to sell... I use a lot of mods... In the next week or so I will be up to 6 sunboxes, 3 tmods, a Cam-M and a Cam-R and probably a shape ways 18650 single squonker sx350j and after my Cam-R is released I will be on the list for a Tmod sx350j, hopefully he has a 26650 in the works by then.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Sloth, now I'm thinking about DTs. (Drat! Yet more to buy! :)). I have a stupid question: how can I know that a tip will fit before I order it? I'm asking b/c with the exception of my Erlkonigin - which needs an adaptor - my attys are the boring kayfun type, and take any old tip. Thanks for your help!

Let me add... Most authentic tips are sized to fit very tight, most clones range from kinda tight to downright sloppy. Buy sensibly and in the long run authentic tips are a better buy. On the bright side I'm almost certain the manta authentic comes with a tip and even the clone version of that tip fits tight.

IonMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
Bradley, Illinois, United States
I tried but Hellfire isn't into wholesale, big on building false hope but follow through isn't their strong suit. I believe there will be a factory BF version eventually but I would be very interested to see the outcome. I had to gut the Raptor and re thread the post and change the pin to get any flow out of it. I sold both of mine btw. Biggest complaint was leakage through the air duct afc.
Thank you! You just saved me $150 I was worried about the leaking factor.

Ive been looking for another atty that will be comparable to the Veritas/Marquis, was hoping that the Raptor was the answer, but with a leaking issue... no thanks

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Lol... I didn't get them to sell... I use a lot of mods... In the next week or so I will be up to 6 sunboxes, 3 tmods, a Cam-M and a Cam-R and probably a shape ways 18650 single squonker sx350j and after my Cam-R is released I will be on the list for a Tmod sx350j, hopefully he has a 26650 in the works by then.
Very curious about the shape ways sx? Are you able to link to more info?

Reactions: inswva

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
e
Let me add... Most authentic tips are sized to fit very tight, most clones range from kinda tight to downright sloppy. Buy sensibly and in the long run authentic tips are a better buy. On the bright side I'm almost certain the manta authentic comes with a tip and even the clone version of that tip fits tight.

Again, I have to agree with Tom however, the clones suit their purpose in determining if a given drip tip is worth going authentic or not. I tend to take the same approach with attys and then PIF'em once they are replaced with authentics but then, drip tip clones are much cheaper than atty clones of course.

In the case of firing devices though, I like to stick with the authentics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
First post here, bear with me! I'm curious about a bf Derringer, are there any in stock and how much would one cost? Sorry if I've gone about this the wrong way!
Not at all... You're off to a great start.
My Email: Chowderhead72 at H0tma1l dot com, PayPal is the same.
The Derringer BF is $86 shipped domestic USA.
If you have no further questions send payment to the listed PayPal account and follow up with an email with your order and shipping details via the provided email address.
Any other questions? Feel free to ask.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
^^^That looks very cool, but since I suck at building things I'm gonna have to wait for some enterprising modder to make something I can buy off the shelf that just works. (hint, hint...)
While I would love a regulated TMod, I simply cannot justify spending that kind of $. Here's looking forward to the CAM-R, and just to add to your workload, you should think about how to make a CAM-R 26650 while you're at it ;)

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Reminds me... My apollos arrived Thursday. I pray that Sloth or Jeffreyace never buy one of them. Very few attys make me struggle to coil the first time but this one sure did. I have sunglasses with bigger screws. If I stick with it I will re-thread them to m2. I made a peek insulator to stop the leaking throat but I just never got it to seat correctly, I stacked a pile of m2 o-rings and it works fine, zero leaks. Flavor is great but I figured out why. The shape of the chamber and the elevated wicks spattering are causing a slow flow of cooled juice mist to drip into your mouth. Amplifies the flavor. To verify use for 20 minutes, remove the tip and it will be dripping juice. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I'm actually using it at work right now but realize the amazing flavor isn't because it's a great atty it's because you are dripping juice on the roof of your mouth. I would imagine it would suck for some of the more aggressive juices or anything made by baker, ever. I'm using Bee's Knees from Art Of Juice, highly recommended. Menthol would be horrible in this.

Just wanted to address this Tom. I'm curious to see what your build looks like because I've never had an experience like the one you're describing. No spit back at all, though it sounds like what you're describing isn't spit back, really. And for the record one of my ADV's is a DIY peppermint and its fantastic in the Apollo.

There's no doubt that it can be a challenge coiling this thing. I got lucky on my first build, have had some serious hair pulling moments since then, but am now able to do it fairly easily and consistently. To be fair, had I not gotten lucky that first time and got to experience the vape quality right away, I may have given up early on. It was knowing what was possible with this thing that kept me coming back to it.

My only niggle is having to use o-rings to seal it up from the bottom. If you do ever come up with something that's more permanent and consistent, put me down for at least five.

Reactions: freedogg

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
The dual 18650 mech will be a parallel box, output 3.7-4.2v. You could Jerry rig it with a piece of wire, 1 terminal and an isolator to make it series but IMO that would be sketchy. This box is solid. If you wish to use your standard build it will work fine, just a lot longer. Or you could drop your impedance down into the teens .10-.20 range and be fine. I haven't load tested it yet but the contacts and bus bars are huge.
Man, I really can't wait to see this thing!!!!

Reactions: Magaro

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
image.jpg
Just wanted to address this Tom. I'm curious to see what your build looks like because I've never had an experience like the one you're describing. No spit back at all, though it sounds like what you're describing isn't spit back, really. And for the record one of my ADV's is a DIY peppermint and its fantastic in the Apollo.

There's no doubt that it can be a challenge coiling this thing. I got lucky on my first build, have had some serious hair pulling moments since then, but am now able to do it fairly easily and consistently. To be fair, had I not gotten lucky that first time and got to experience the vape quality right away, I may have given up early on. It was knowing what was possible with this thing that kept me coming back to it.

My only niggle is having to use o-rings to seal it up from the bottom. If you do ever come up with something that's more permanent and consistent, put me down for at least five.

image.jpg

As to the O-Ring issue all would be fine if you could get them to NOT drill the cross hole in the 510. I have the 2mm bore center pin, if you have the standard the issue may be different. If I was to carry them I would insist on the 2mm center pin and the 510 not be drilled across. I can't see how this wouldn't leak in top fed either.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Well, I thought since I asked to see Tom's build I should show off my own...

IMG_20150526_081111_edit.jpg

IMG_20150526_081516_edit.jpg
Mine is built the same way, it just hasn't been scorched clean in a few days. Looks like you have one more wrap. Mine is my "one trick pony" regulated build.

Reactions: hildicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread