• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hey Navy folks! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cduhh

Verified Member
Nov 16, 2011
VA
I'm curious to find out what are the current smoking/vaping rules for underway fast attacks and boomers.

Navy says Absolutly no smoking below decks, but the co says .... it sometimes. vaping on boomers was limited to crews lounge and crews study. Not sure about fast boats.

im not understanding half this jargon some of these guys are saying, but utilities were awesome but I find myself replacing my nwus far less often.

cubey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2011
The Road
I did a WESTPAC on the Kitty Hawk and I remember there being ! sponson that we could smoke on there would be a line 3 decks up to go out and chain smoke your 2 smokes for 7 minutes and then back in you go. When I would go there, it seemed like there was always that 1 guy that that was his job, to stand in that line. I gotta say, sometimes I miss the Navy, the people, not the BS that went with it.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Oh boy a DRB! Fun times!
Do they still post the "good order and discipline" in the p-way with the latest and greatest mast results? Things were usually quiet on the small boys, and I can only imagine the havoc that a fully loaded flat top can generate.

Luckily we were independent most of the time and didn't have to share a port call with 10,000 other sailors and marines for a port call. Nothing like doing a PAC on an independent small boy IMO.

Last edited:

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Oh boy a DRB! Fun times!
Do they still post the "good order and discipline" in the p-way with the latest and greatest mast results? Things were usually quiet on the small boys, and I can only imagine the havoc that a fully loaded flat top can generate.
Don't know. Never been on a ship. We just post it in the POW. Nowadays, they even post all the Court Martial results online each month for the whole world to see.

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
USS Dewey DDG-45 1981-1984. (ET2) Dungaree's and beards were allowed my first 2 years but what I could grow didnt cut the mustard with the Chief.....

7 smokers at quarters in the morning with 5 non-smokers in the HF radio room....

Probably the reason they banned it inside the skin!

I'd do it again but I didnt want to do it anymore. Truthfully, the only thing I miss is the.........Hummmmm.......Dont miss that either really......

It was real and it was fun at times......

Reactions: Johntodd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread