GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
I would like to see the tank press-fit onto the base rather than screw on

For me it's quite the opposite :)

I would really like to see the press-fit bell reversed to the screw-on bell of Spheroid V2. I do see the advantage of press-fit, but fluff getting between bell and tube can easily be prevented by taking a little care when screwing on, and this is something I do only once per month or so.

For me the downside of the press-fit bell is that the bell easily gets displaced by lateral forces on the drip tip, especially with longer ones like the GP drip tips. If that happens a drop of liquid may seep out if the Spheroid is upside down, which never happens with the screw-on bell. Also, a little dirt easily gets between the bell and the tube, which creates a tiny but visible gap that kills my OCD.

Personally I never feel that the screw-on tube is a problem. In the past I did see my wick getting entangled with the fluff. But I found out that this was caused by my wick being too long, and since then it never happened to me again.

Please don't get me wrong, I really LOVE my three Spheroid V3's, just nitpicking on this one :)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I agree that I too prefer a screw on Spheroid bell and tube. As I've mentioned before, I have a lot of difficulty getting the press on v3 bell off the tube (yes, I bought a dowel and cut it down to size to assist in it's removal). I also think that a press on bell slowly shreds the o-rings because mine never wants to press on straight. I also sometimes have a problem where when I attempt to unscrew a Spheroid from a MicroStick that the base wants to stay in place and only the tube unscrews - in this situation I can apply force and pull on the tube to create friction on the threads to get the base to come out (only once did I have to dismantle the MicroStick and unscrew the Spheroid base from the bottom, something that cannot be done with the Spheroid v2 because the 510 connection isn't slotted) and I'm afraid that if the tube pressed on to the base that it would regularly get stuck in my MicroStick.

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
I've always had great luck with my old Spheroid and love it dearly but I am not doing something right with my Heron. I do know that it is capable of being magnificent. For a short period everything was working perfect but something went wrong and for the life of me I just can't get it right.

Is there someone that can coach me on this thing? By PM would be fine so that way we don't take up a lot of thread. Just a quick rundown: 17 x 65mm with v2 fluff, S'nC yarn wick up through the topper with tails on the bottom, 1.0 ohms micro coil with 28g Kanthal, mounted on my stainless v3 with an 18650 AW, v1.0 and all three holes open. The juice is 50/50. I get juice below the base on the contact and dry hits without chain vaping.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
X looks good even with a 21mm topper!

1z1bdao.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I've always had great luck with my old Spheroid and love it dearly but I am not doing something right with my Heron. I do know that it is capable of being magnificent. For a short period everything was working perfect but something went wrong and for the life of me I just can't get it right.

Is there someone that can coach me on this thing? By PM would be fine so that way we don't take up a lot of thread. Just a quick rundown: 17 x 65mm with v2 fluff, S'nC yarn wick up through the topper with tails on the bottom, 1.0 ohms micro coil with 28g Kanthal, mounted on my stainless v3 with an 18650 AW, v1.0 and all three holes open. The juice is 50/50. I get juice below the base on the contact and dry hits without chain vaping.

Hi Jerry,

Remove the topper and check again with shorter tails. The topper is useful for certain cotton builds solely.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA

The Heron requires A little more adjusting to find your sweet spot with the topper.
When I use cotton, true cotton, I use a topper. Getting the length of the cotton will take a tad of practice. I tend to leave one end down to help mop up whatever gets to the deck. The other end usually ends up at about 1/4” above the topper. But here is the thing. Unless there is sufficient cotton at that top area it will want to fall in. So leave it as wide as you can while experimenting.
As for SnC, I don’t usually use the topper. I treat it more like a spheroid. Either both ends up or one up and one down again to mop up some juice.
There will be a few trial runs before you find the spot.

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
The Heron requires A little more adjusting to find your sweet spot with the topper.
When I use cotton, true cotton, I use a topper. Getting the length of the cotton will take a tad of practice. I tend to leave one end down to help mop up whatever gets to the deck. The other end usually ends up at about 1/4” above the topper. But here is the thing. Unless there is sufficient cotton at that top area it will want to fall in. So leave it as wide as you can while experimenting.
As for SnC, I don’t usually use the topper. I treat it more like a spheroid. Either both ends up or one up and one down again to mop up some juice.
There will be a few trial runs before you find the spot.

Thank you Firestorm and Yankee:thumbs:, I've pulled the topper off and brought both end of the yarn up to the fluff. It seem to be working well. Firestorm prefers KGD which is my wick of choice in everything so I'll switch the yarn out tomorrow. The yarn works great in my Spheroid so the big ball of yarn won't go to waste, although it should last a few lifetimes.:D

Thank you both very much! I just LOVE the look of the Heron.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Sneak Preview: GP Spheroid v4 prototype side to side with GP Spheroid v3, both on GP Piccolo v4.

image.jpg
OMGSG, AFC!!!

I love the emblem like on the Heron too, wow I'm so EXCITEDDD!!!!!

Is that an new AFC top cap, or is that the bottom cap on the v4 and it hybrids on to the Piccolo?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread