Status
Not open for further replies.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Wouldn't it be better to buy the plain uncoiled wires and wrap it yourself? I've always wrapped on a 1/16" drill bit and found that a smaller diameter coil gives much better air flow. Even a 0.5mm decrease in coil diameter makes a noticeable difference in airflow.

You'd be surprised how tiny the diameter of these coils are. And why go to all the bother of coiling them yourself when you can get 50 of them already coiled for $4. Try them, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at how wonderfully these coils work in the Sofia. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Wouldn't it be better to buy the plain uncoiled wires and wrap it yourself? I've always wrapped on a 1/16" drill bit and found that a smaller diameter coil gives much better air flow. Even a 0.5mm decrease in coil diameter makes a noticeable difference in airflow.

I may get both since I like to choose the diameter of my coils.

DCulver

Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Reno, NV
I just received my Calix and am having trouble with the build deck. I've built 3 different coils using 28 ga kanthol w/ 8 wraps which should give me about 1.5 ohm resistance. When I've mounted these coils on the deck I'm getting a reading of .04 ohms. Could something be loose on the build deck? I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I just received my Calix and am having trouble with the build deck. I've built 3 different coils using 28 ga kanthol w/ 8 wraps which should give me about 1.5 ohm resistance. When I've mounted these coils on the deck I'm getting a reading of .04 ohms. Could something be loose on the build deck? I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks
What is the diameter of your coil? Also, do you cut the excess wire close to the screw? It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your setup :)

airkaos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
somewhere

Sounds like the wrong kind of wire :(

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Billie, please, where is that glorious link collection of yours about the Sofia? I seem to have lost the bookmark.

The byleo shop does not have a "black o-rings only" survival package*, not possible to offer it?
(Not very important, just a question. Because you offer "red o-rings only" packages and in my beginner's enthusiasm I ordered so many red-onlys ... they seem to last a lifetime).

*for the slim tank

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie, please, where is that glorious link collection of yours about the Sofia? I seem to have lost the bookmark.

The byleo shop does not have a "black o-rings only" survival package, not possible to offer it?
(Not very important, just a question. Because you offer "red o-rings only" packages and in my beginner's enthusiasm I ordered so many red-onlys ... they seem to last a lifetime).
We have the silicone o rings in packs because they are very soft and easier to get damaged. If you get one Slim tank o ring set, you have 3 x ( 9x1,5mm) o rings which you can put everywhere on the Slim tank, as they have the same diameter everywhere
I have the link for the thread : By Leo : Attys, mods, Drip-tips, tanks | E-Cigarette Forum , but unfortunately the links in the post don't work. I have already asked the admins if they can fix it and they said they are working on it. The only other solution is to find each post in the thread and remake the list, but I haven't had the time to do it :(

Reactions: nebulis

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
It's the same wire that I've used to make coils for Erlkonigin's to Gus Phenom's with no problem. Perhaps an insulator?
The wire sounds ok to me. You can check the SS cup to see if both insulators are in place and check if eveything is threaded together tightly enough (no excess force needed).
You can also check the following setup video

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Going back to a topic that was talked a little while ago here… it would be great if we could buy "ready-wires" directly from ByLeo, so that we could wrap our own coils and wick them ourselves.

And if we could choose from Kanthal, Nichrome, different resistances, round wire, ribbon wire… that would be awesome, buying them in packs, I'd buy a couple packages.

Reactions: tmcase

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Going back to a topic that was talked a little while ago here… it would be great if we could buy "ready-wires" directly from ByLeo, so that we could wrap our own coils and wick them ourselves.

And if we could choose from Kanthal, Nichrome, different resistances, round wire, ribbon wire… that would be awesome, buying them in packs, I'd buy a couple packages.
Unfortunately, we lack the time and manpower to do something like that.There are simply not enough hours in the day :(

Reactions: Krisma

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Unfortunately, we lack the time and manpower to do something like that.There are simply not enough hours in the day :(

I understand. It's just wishful thinking.

I know Stormy's Vapor Cellar has them but they don't ship here, and SlowTech has very little options (almost all nichrome, not that many resistancies.)

The good thing is that you guys create great products that we can all buy and enjoy, so thanks a lot. :)

Last edited:

opher

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2015
TX
Alright I've got a problem. The glass section was broken on my Calix this weekend and I'm having trouble removing the remaining bottom steel portion of the glass tank from the base. Does anyone have a recommendation for getting this off? I can't grip it with pliers and there is still bits of glass on the base...I actually just received the steel tank so I have a replacement but cannot seem to get the bottom steel part of the tank off!!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Alright I've got a problem. The glass section was broken on my Calix this weekend and I'm having trouble removing the remaining bottom steel portion of the glass tank from the base. Does anyone have a recommendation for getting this off? I can't grip it with pliers and there is still bits of glass on the base...I actually just received the steel tank so I have a replacement but cannot seem to get the bottom steel part of the tank off!!

Put it into the freezer for 15 minutes, Then:

1) Attach the Calix on a mod
2) Hold the base with rubber gloves
3) Hold the bottom steel ring with long nose
4) And unscrew it giving it sudden twists

It should come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread