Status
Not open for further replies.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Also I must hold in my hits because the fog would attract attention of people thinking I'm smoking :)

Mix you up a batch of pure PG unflavored for those pool outings and that concern will go away for you. Even 75/25 would take the expelled vapor down to near nothing.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Rogue has landed at PO!
Hoping this top airflow deal is for me.
anyone have experience with coil positioning on these?
Yep. I do. A rogue is one of my most used attys. I build them the same as any other dual coil, 3 post atty and keep the coils out by the rim and low. It vapes the same as if the air were directly in front of each coil. I position the cap so the air slots are above each coil. The cool thing about this atty is you need not concern yourself with air hole placement when you screw it on a mod, since juice would only get near the air slots if ya squonk about 4ml into it :)

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
Yep. I do. A rogue is one of my most used attys. I build them the same as any other dual coil, 3 post atty and keep the coils out by the rim and low. It vapes the same as if the air were directly in front of each coil. I position the cap so the air slots are above each coil. The cool thing about this atty is you need not concern yourself with air hole placement when you screw it on a mod, since juice would only get near the air slots if ya squonk about 4ml into it :)

I'm still having issues with my Odin and the top cap sticking for dear life. Does this one seem to slip on and off easily?

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I'm still having issues with my Odin and the top cap sticking for dear life. Does this one seem to slip on and off easily?
try putting some e juice on the o ring before you put the cap back on that should make life much easier on you when you go to remove it

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I've tried that. It makes a difference if I immediately pull it off. But, if I try to pull it an hour later...stuck like glue.

What kind of juices do you run? Do you notice this in other attys?

If it is isolated to just one atty, I will do the following:

Too tight - find a smaller oring
Too loose - find a larger oring or put a small thread of Teflon tape in the groove then remount the old oring. I hear that people use dental floss for this too.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
What kind of juices do you run? Do you notice this in other attys?

If it is isolated to just one atty, I will do the following:

Too tight - find a smaller oring
Too loose - find a larger oring or put a small thread of Teflon tape in the groove then remount the old oring. I hear that people use dental floss for this too.

Nicoticket. And just this atty does that. Craig is great though and messaged me and said he would mail me out some orings! So, hopefully that will do the trick.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Thanks for the support Russ,
I just rebuilt it with rene27 right to the edge of the deck,
worked much better than MM right against the posts,
I also just changed from 70/30 to 30/70 and that made a huge difference.
Used way more cotton than normally also,
very different than my single coil MM 0.8 on an igo-s with readyxwick :D
Me likes it so far Still need to keep tweaking though, vapor isn't dense enough for my liking
Center post was spinning while I wrench on the R27 wire, :(
IMG_20150526_231804689.jpg

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Does anyone have the same problems of juice coming up through my drip tip ?
Never. Ever. I suspect too much wick, wick blocking the drain / feed holes, too narrow a bore DT or extremely visciously oversquonking about 3 ml into the atty.

Reactions: Fuzzy Bruce

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Does anyone have the same problems of juice coming up through my drip tip ?

The below are pictures of coil position and juice collected on the top cap
a46a83673c9e9229b91814f701003609.jpg

a74556d99dd26a97b91447809df1f175.jpg

That is condensation that is collecting in your top cap. That will happen on any atty you vape. No way to get around it. Some more, some less, but still happens. Try using a wider bore drip tip or let off the firing button a second or two before you stop inhaling and it will lessen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread