we need laws. regulation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporty98

Mar 26, 2015
My concern.

I know. Every one. Might go crazy on this post.

Certain things concern me now.

I am sensative / Allergic at times to a few in ingredients.

I feel the bottle should have the ingredients listed.

How do I know ? What's in it ?

I got very sick. Right away from mothers milk.

I can assure you. Something was in it. That I'm allergic too.

I contact over a week ago. Suicide bunny and they did not even reply.

I feel local shops. Back Yard mix. Is good. But how do I know. It's not something I'm allergic too ?

There should be a way to sample. Check. If the nicotine is right level.

Sweateners and artificial flavors. Over the ppm. Can cause cancer. Rapid cancer. Not stuff like. Oh 6 year of heavy use.
I mean 6 months. You got it.

How do I know. That they stayed under that ppm. ? I think I have a right to know..

Lot of shops making there own.

I seen them add nic. To a 3ml. Bottle. 5 min later. Selling it as 6ml.

Is that right ?

Reactions: bcme

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
We don't need no stinkin' laws.

As more people want to know what's in their juice, more companies are stepping up to tell you their ingredients. Just avoid those that won't tell you.

Laws and regulations won't help much anyway unless they have a regulator standing over the shoulder of the juice maker.

If a juice does you harm because they put bad stuff in it, you already have a case for a civil suit. You don't need more laws for that.

If you're allergic to peanuts, avoid juices that sound like they even MIGHT have peanut flavors in them.

I have LOTS of allergies. This isn't really that hard.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Make your own ejuice with organic/natural flavorings and you will know what is in it. There is no way to tell what is in the manufactured ejuice. In todays wide open ejuice business there is little way to tell the ingredients and juice makers come and go weekly.
I have issues with some artificial ingredients so I make my own ejuice. MUCH cheaper too.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
I understand consumers' interest in knowing what's in any given product but seriously, does everybody always read every ingredient list on every product they purchase, or do we figure that since it's on the shelf, it must be okay. I also understand a manufacturer's interest in not disclosing their ingredients.

Playing devil's advocate, if laws or regulations require e-liquid manufacturers to disclose all of their ingredients, what's next, requiring Ford, for example, to disclose the specific details of the technology, specifications, tolerances, materials, and assembly processes they employ in their Ecotec and EcoBoost engines?

I smoked cigarettes for decades without ever giving a thought to what's in the nasty things besides tar, and carbon monoxide or how it was harming me. Unknown ingredients aside, I'm sure that vaping is causing my body much less harm than smoking ever did.

Nicoticket recently posted a list from a third-party lab detailing the diketone (Diacetyl, Pentanedione, Acetoin) levels in each of their flavors.

And I love the California Prop 65 warning on their bottle labels which includes the statement: "If you are allergic to anything, assume this liquid contains it."

Some might see that statement as merely a CYA move but I see it as an acknowledgement that different people are allergic to different tings and if one has such allergies, those folks should be fully aware of how Nicoticket's product may impact those allergies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
The suggestion to DIY is right on the money for allergy sufferers. It's the route I decided to take, just because it's a lot easier to know what's in the juice. And it's a lot easier to do than I thought it would be. You should try it if you're that concerned about the ingredients.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
I'm really very sorry for your allergies and subsequent problems

HOWEVER

we need more laws and regulations like we need more holes in our heads.

Look, both my teenage kids have allergies and asthma, it's MY RESPONSIBILITY as their parent to look for things they are allergic to and protect them from these thing. I seriously do not expect McDonalds to be responsible for warning me of potential problems. I do expect them to properly and plainly label what is in their foods....that is where it ends. I don't want the gov to get involved in any way.

Rescue inhalers pre EPA ban because of "dangerous propellants" $8 each, post EPA ban $80 each. Really, how much propellant is coming out of every single rescue inhaler worldwide? Is that really damaging the ozone layer? I think not. Certainly not worth a 1000 % increase in my cost.

Eff the government, they need to die.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
My concern.

I know. Every one. Might go crazy on this post.

Certain things concern me now.

I am sensative / Allergic at times to a few in ingredients.

I feel the bottle should have the ingredients listed.

How do I know ? What's in it ?

I got very sick. Right away from mothers milk.

I can assure you. Something was in it. That I'm allergic too.

I contact over a week ago. Suicide bunny and they did not even reply.

I feel local shops. Back Yard mix. Is good. But how do I know. It's not something I'm allergic too ?

There should be a way to sample. Check. If the nicotine is right level.

Sweateners and artificial flavors. Over the ppm. Can cause cancer. Rapid cancer. Not stuff like. Oh 6 year of heavy use.
I mean 6 months. You got it.

How do I know. That they stayed under that ppm. ? I think I have a right to know..

Lot of shops making there own.

I seen them add nic. To a 3ml. Bottle. 5 min later. Selling it as 6ml.

Is that right ?
I hear your concern BUT I believe if YOU have an allergy then YOU have an obligation to yourself to vape unflavoured that way YOU are in control of what you are putting in your body -vaping permits YOU the consumer more power than has ever been seen in nicotine use -best to you

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

HOWEVER

Look, both my teenage kids have allergies and asthma, it's MY RESPONSIBILITY as their parent to look for things they are allergic to and protect them from these thing. I seriously do not expect McDonalds to be responsible for warning me of potential problems. I do expect them to properly and plainly label what is in their foods....that is where it ends. I don't want the gov to get involved in any way.

Rescue inhalers pre EPA ban because of "dangerous propellants" $8 each, post EPA ban $80 each. Really, how much propellant is coming out of every single rescue inhaler worldwide? Is that really damaging the ozone layer? I think not. Certainly not worth a 1000 % increase in my cost.

So Mcdonalds should label their foods but ejuice manufacturers should not?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Make your own ejuice with organic/natural flavorings and you will know what is in it. There is no way to tell what is in the manufactured ejuice. In todays wide open ejuice business there is little way to tell the ingredients and juice makers come and go weekly.
I have issues with some artificial ingredients so I make my own ejuice. MUCH cheaper too.

This, exactly -- and you also have to pay attention to what's actually in the flavors -- one of TFA's contains sulfites, very very bad for asthmatics -- and why exactly does something that is brown need an ingredient used only to keep foods from turning brown?

But no, we do NOT need more laws and regs than are already in place -- we need self-motivated people willing to take responsibility for their own health.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

HOWEVER

Actually the higher cost has nothing to do with the actual ingredients -- it's because the *formula* is still under patent, and it takes 17+ yrs for patented formulas to be available to generic-makers -- I asked at the pharmacy. So, it'll be 2023 before the HFA inhalers can be available as a generic.

Andria

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
So Mcdonalds should label their foods but ejuice manufacturers should not?

Funny you should ask.

I looked and every single bottle of juice I have is either properly labeled OR there is sufficient info on the website I ordered them from to aid me in my decision to buy or not to buy from them.

It's that simple.

People, think and choose for yourselves or the gov will think and choose for you.

Cigarettes are properly labeled as required by gov standards and they kill you.

The requirements for "organic" food to be able to "legally" label their foods "organic" as regulated by the EPA and the FDA are completely ridiculous and are no closer to being organic than dog poop on your front lawn.

"All Natural" how often do you see that on food labels, know what else is "all natural"???? human poop, crude oil, rattlesnake venom, tar, quicksand..... Not many of those things do I want to eat, inhale or ingest. That is your Federal gov at work.

So don't argue with me cuz you know I'm right.

If you don't feel confident with your e juice supplier, DON'T effing buy their goods, they'll soon enough either label their stuff or go out of business. Those who are to stupid to know any better we could probably stand to lose from the gene pool anyway.

Nature, survival of the fittest. Includes your thought process.

Thanks for listening.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Actually the higher cost has nothing to do with the actual ingredients -- it's because the *formula* is still under patent, and it takes 17+ yrs for patented formulas to be available to generic-makers -- I asked at the pharmacy. So, it'll be 2023 before the HFA inhalers can be available as a generic.

Andria

Effing great, what's that have to do with the point I was making? You actually just reinforced my point....

I still have to pay 1000% markup on a asthma rescue inhaler for my son because some greedy ....... big pharma executive wants a new home in Aruba. The "new" propellant is nothing new, it took no research to discover it. It's just a readily available by product of oil refining that a friend of the congressman who introduced the bill in congress needs to get rid of, so they devised a way to ban the cheap propellant and sell you this other crap for a effing fortune.

My point was THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS AND YOU DON'T want them in your business.

You're comment just reinforces the idiocy of our fed gov. The $8 rescue inhalers I was buying per EPA ban WERE NOT generic, they were name brand.

Imagine how much juice will cost when the government begins to regulate it.

Jesus H. Christ

Stop the planet, I want off.

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Effing great, what's that have to do with the point I was making? You actually just reinforced my point....

I still have to pay 1000% markup on a asthma rescue inhaler for my son because some greedy ******* big pharma executive wants a new home in Aruba. The "new" propellant is nothing new, it took no research to discover it. It's just a readily available by product of oil refining that a friend of the congressman who introduced the bill in congress needs to get rid of, so they devised a way to ban the cheap propellant and sell you this other crap for a effing fortune.

My point was THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS AND YOU DON'T want them in your business.

You're comment just reinforces the idiocy of our fed gov. The $8 rescue inhalers I was buying per EPA ban WERE NOT generic, they were name brand.

Imagine how much juice will cost when the government begins to regulate it.

Jesus H. Christ

Stop the planet, I want off.

I agree with all that. And because a) I'm poor and b) I have no health insurance, I investigated, and discovered that GSK (who make Ventolin, the only HFA that doesn't taste like grain alcohol) has a low-income assistance plan, for which I qualify, and get my Ventolin for no cost.

Andria

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
here's the problem as i see it.
for the small percent of the population that has
sensitivities or allergies life can be tough.
the problem lies in the fact there are literally
thousands of different ingredients that can
cause a reaction.
how does one account for each and every one.
how much causes a reaction.everyone is different.
look at PG. some people just add 20% VG and they
are ok. others have to go 100% or as near to that
as possible to be able to use e-juice.
this is a case where personal responsibility
is the only way its going to work. if you looked
at the breakdown of all the chemicals in any
single flavor there would not be enough room
on a 30 ml bottle to list them all.
aside from a disclaimer on the label warning
of possible adverse allergic reactions in some
i don't see how regulations with the prerequisite
very expensive and time consuming testing would
benefit the majority of vapers other than tripling
the cost of the juice. there are a lot of chemicals
believed to be relatively harmless. not because
they were tested. they just haven't been linked
to any thing harmful yet. under FDA regulations
these would have to be tested also to insure their
safety. the list goes on. they would all have to be tested
in every possible combination to insure their safety.
regulations sound fine on the face of it. we have to
balance that against the can of worms regulation
at the federal level would open up.
i think we all can take solace in the fact that aside
from one accidental death by poisoning no one has
died from e-juice as of yet. that is an incredible safety
record for what some think are very dangerous
ingredients.
in this case i think the market itself will respond.
if the maker does not list ingredients do not buy
their product. make your own or,find a company
that meets your needs.
we can not account for each and every ones individual
problems. regulations can't either.
:2c:
regards
mike

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have been waiting a week from the mfg. They didn't even get back to me.

That is disturbing. Guess they don't consider you a valued customer.
Do not patronize vendors who do not feel you deserve a response. That would be #1. I see this all the time. :)

As for the allergies: The problem with not knowing what is IN something is that, medically, you can't seek relief.

I developed some eczema for first time in my life, but was at least able to bring in the things I use on my skin to the dermatologist. Once they tested me for certain things, it was easy to know which products to delete from my life.

That is also why there are ingredient labels on food.

Guess the vaping industry chooses to be the pariah here, or the outlier, so to speak.

However, I am willing to at least give this new industry a chance to "police itself." How long that should take, not sure. ?

If there is no regulation though, AND you also are not entitled to know what ingredients you are putting into your lungs, then I would say either one or the other should be available????

Seen it in the horse racing industry. We are the only country on the globe that allows raceday medications (performance enhancing drugs). Most every other racing jurisdiction, the world over, has a zero - tolerance policy on that. But of course, the US racing industry didn't want "regulation". So, instead, everyone is still talking about it for decades now, while nothing at all happens. (Well, actually not really nothing at all, because perceptually, at least, our racing product is considered tainted now. One day, this will hurt some pocketbooks, as buyers start buying pristine stock in places like South America, South Africa, etc. It's already happening.) Pocketbook is the only place to make a point these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kivrin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread